Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - COREY N EMMA FAREWELL TO AUSTime: 12:07 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Barzellar F: 40925B(8) W(56.5)( T- John Blackadder )Good run for second two back and wasn't far behind last time out. Doesn't have much to beat here and there's strong money for it.Main Danger9 Eliza Long F: 04909B(5) W(56.5)( J- Doni Prastiyou )( T- Neill Ridley )Form is distinctly average but it has been well-received in the betting. Drawn well here and it's better than advertised.Next Best1 Bahhgoofy F: 004B(9) W(58.5)( J- Lee Callaway )( T- Champion/Murphy )Turned around some fairly average form to run fourth last time out. That form could stack up nicely in this.Include in Multis2 Steele Canyon F: 904X7B(7) W(58.5)( J- Leah Hemi )PlacedDividend : $3.10Ended last campaign with a fourth. That effort would take it close and it should cope with this level of opposition.Longer Odds4 Nathan Detroit F: 60868B(3) W(58.5)( J- Brandon Morgenrood )( T- Pam Robson )WonDividends : $15.70 $2.90Might head forward and give them something to chase.
RemarksMoney coming for the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 15.70Place1 4 $ 2.90Place2 2 $ 3.10Place3 10 $ 7.10Quinella 2:4 $ 56.80Trifecta 4:2:10 $ 2733.00First4 - $ 0.00Double 4/7 $ 102.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - PHAT DUCK BREW BAR AND KITCHENTime: 12:42 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Baban F: 55371B(6) W(59)( J- Chris Johnson )Last start winner and it could now kick on with it. Chris Johnson rides and punters should expect a patient ride.Main Danger8 Sitarist F: X7530B(8) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $1.90Much better than what it showed last time out. Gets a valuable 3kg off its back and that could make all the difference.Next Best7 Cinto Bay F: 98216B(12) W(56.5)( T- L & R Didham )WonDividends : $8.10 $2.40Looking to rebound after a slightly average performance last time out. Looked good winning prior and it could provide each way value.Include in Multis1 Oligarch F: 09603B(5) W(59.5)( J- Tina Comignaghi )( T- Mark Harris )Carries a big weight but it gets 1kg off its back. Jockey is riding in good form and it should be right around the mark.Longer Odds4 Roc The Cradle F: 35186B(2) W(57.5)( J- Doni Prastiyou )Battled away well enough last time to warrant attention. Include.
RemarksBetter field and there's some winning form
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 8.10Place1 7 $ 2.40Place2 8 $ 1.90Place3 3 $ 2.80Quinella 7:8 $ 19.30Trifecta 7:8:3 $ 346.40First4 7:8:3:13 $ 2030.60Double 4/7 $ 102.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACETime: 1:17 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Kanumiss F: 6249XB(6) W(57.5)( J- Chris Johnson )WonDividends : $5.00 $2.00Showed some positive signs last time in work, especially when running second three back. Looks a good chance to win.Main Danger1 Zurafaa F: 2X324B(1) W(57.5)( J- Lee Callaway )( T- Laurie Jarvis )PlacedDividend : $1.40Two placings from three starts this preparation. Gets the inside draw and it should be settling on the speed and kicking strongly.Next Best3 Pop Diva F: 00X25B(11) W(57.5)Has turned around some dreadful form of last campaign. Going much better now and it will run at nice odds. Goes into the mix.Include in Multis4 Jandles F: 53573B(13) W(57.5)( T- Terry Kennedy )Not quite beach weather but it just needs some luck from out wide. Goes close with cover and the odds are appealing.Longer Odds8 Fine And Dandee F: 42490B(7) W(57.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Nicky Lloyd )Looked good earlier this campaign and it could run well at double-figure odds.
RemarksAll the money coming at the top of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 5.00Place1 2 $ 2.00Place2 1 $ 1.40Place3 5 $ 3.10Quinella 1:2 $ 5.90Trifecta 2:1:5 $ 137.30First4 2:1:5:8 $ 886.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - MATT SMITH CONSTRUCTIONTime: 1:51 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Trudeau F: 51306B(3) W(60)( J- Jacob Lowry )( T- T & L Prendergast )WonDividends : $4.10 $2.50Should enjoy running against the small field. Looked good earlier this preparation and a return to that form should see it going close.Main Danger3 Mamma Sans F: 41341B(6) W(57.5)( J- Tina Comignaghi )( T- Kennedy/Furlong )PlacedDividend : $1.90Two wins from its last four starts. Gets some weight off its back and it has the confidence up. Likely to go close once again.Next Best2 Final Say F: 33720B(7) W(59.5)( J- Kin Kwo )Likely to run better against this level of opposition. 3kg comes off its back and a turn around in form is expected.Include in Multis4 Hatrick Boys F: 5613XB(2) W(57.5)Likely to get back during the run and come with a sustained run. More than capable of winning this and the each way odds appeal.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'6 Yamato Nadeshiko F: 18707B(4) W(55.5)( J- Tanya Jonker )( T- Jackie Burrows )Carries a light weight and it has a recent win to boast.
RemarksSmall field but it should be a competitive affair
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.10Place1 1 $ 2.50Place2 3 $ 1.90Quinella 1:3 $ 6.40Trifecta 1:3:4 $ 47.50First4 1:3:4:7 $ 334.30Double 2/1 $ 19.20Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - PALAMOUNTAINS ANIMAL NUTRITIONTime: 2:27 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Exclaim F: 94X23B(9) W(56.5)( T- Lance Robinson )Has the best form in this race with two placings this campaign. Tricky draw but it won't need to show much pace to find a nice spot.Main Danger1 Nero F: 0965B(6) W(58.5)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )( T- Mike McCann )Having its fourth career start and has improved with every run to date. Gets 1kg off its back and it could continue its improvement.Next Best5 Ophelia Rose F: 70X22B(12) W(56.5)( J- Kylie Williams )( T- Stephanie Clark )Drawn in barrier 14 but is in good form after consecutive second placings. Showing good improvement this preparation so stick with it.Include in Multis8 Decision Kept F: 200XB(1) W(56.5)( J- Courtney Barnes )Ran second fresh up last campaign before running two average efforts. Chance fresh up once again.Longer Odds3 Stormboy F:B(14) W(58.5)( J- BB Hong )On debut and it could show some speed here. Nice odds on offer.
RemarksNot much form in this but punters are getting nice odds
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 18.80Place1 10 $ 4.60Place2 11 $ 3.70Place3 17 $ 2.70Quinella 10:11 $ 79.20Trifecta 10:11:17 $ 3687.50First4 10:11:17:6 $ 2080.00
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Nero(5) Ophelia Rose (6) ExclaimR6 (1) Celtic Cross(2) Beneficial (4) Miss Brahmos (10) PipianaR7 (1) Acre(5) Raff (6) Whale SongR8 (1) Fire Show(4) Devious (9) Sainted Pearl (12) She's GallantQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - HANLEY FORMULA AUTUMN SPRINTTime: 3:02 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'4 Miss Brahmos F: 151X2B(9) W(58)Impressive effort for second fresh up and it has two wins from its last four starts. That's good form and it looms as a major winning chance again.Main Danger2 Beneficial F: 10X30B(10) W(59)( T- Ross Beckett )Much better than what it showed last time out. Has been respected in the betting and that's a good sign.Next Best10 Pipiana F: 22037B(8) W(57)( T- M & M Pitman )PlacedDividend : $3.20Mixing its efforts so far but the talent is there. Drops to 54kg after the claim and it should go well. Nice odds on offer.Include in Multis1 Celtic Cross F: 53X44B(11) W(59.5)( J- Kozzi Asano )Getting warmer this campaign after consecutive fourths. Much-needed 4kg off its back and that could make the difference. Include.Longer Odds6 Born A Royal F: 7097XB(4) W(57.5)( J- Kin Kwo )Typically shows speed fresh and it's another with a claim. Include for value.
RemarksOne of the better races of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 11.30Place1 9 $ 3.80Place2 8 $ 2.30Place3 10 $ 3.20Quinella 8:9 $ 45.80Trifecta 9:8:10 $ 556.90First4 9:8:10:11 $ 9845.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - MARK MCCORMICK CAMMERAY R.U.F.U. SUPPORTERSTime: 3:37 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Whale Song F: 22366B(4) W(58.5)( T- M & M Pitman )WonDividends : $3.30 $1.80Backed and beaten its last couple. Showed good form last time out when placing in three consecutive runs. 3kg claim is ideal.Main Danger1 Acre F: 7262XB(9) W(58.5)( T- Steven Woodsford )Better than average efforts last campaign, which included two placings from its last three starts. Big weight but it should go close.Next Best5 Raff F: 63330B(6) W(58.5)( J- BB Hong )( T- Neill Ridley )Didn't show much in the run home last time out. Drops to 55kg here and it looked better when running three consecutive third placings.Include in Multis9 Danny Green F: 59B(1) W(58.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )Not quite punching its own weight but there's improvement left in it. Ran well enough on debut to include here.Longer Odds8 Brother Will F: 965X5B(5) W(58.5)( J- Sanu Toolooa )( T- K & P Hughes )4kg claimer in the saddle and it should get a nice run from the barrier.
RemarksHuge field and huge value
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 3.30Place1 6 $ 1.80Place2 16 $ 5.40Place3 4 $ 2.20Quinella 6:16 $ 33.90Trifecta 6:16:4 $ 485.50First4 6:16:4:13 $ 3919.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - GARY MCCORMICK BIN HIRETime: 4:12 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 Devious F: 23215B(3) W(59)( J- Dylan Turner )( T- Kennedy/Furlong )Huge winner two back but didn't back it up last start. Goes well enough and looks a big chance if it finds the lead.Main Danger1 Fire Show F: 44573B(13) W(60.5)( J- Rahul Beeharry )Better placing last time out and it only needs luck from out wide. 3kg comes off its back and at its best, it should go close.Next Best9 Sainted Pearl F: 21669B(1) W(57.5)( T- L & R Didham )PlacedDividend : $2.60Looked good when winning four back. That capped off some nice form and although average since, it could recapture that form.Include in Multis12 She's Gallant F: 10X62B(6) W(56.5)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )( T- Mike McCann )Did enough fresh up to suggest it could run well, and it did second up. Drawn to get a nice run and hit the line with power.Longer Odds11 Viva La Blues F: 32831B(12) W(57)( J- Leah Hemi )Comes into this with a win and the former northerner could win again.
RemarksMany each-way types in the final race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 16 $ 5.10Place1 16 $ 2.00Place2 13 $ 5.40Place3 9 $ 2.60Quinella 13:16 $ 46.40Trifecta 16:13:9 $ 892.90First4 16:13:9:4 $ 4862.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 9, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%