Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - DAVE & JILL QUIGLEY 1600MTime: 11:55 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Skaaboom F: 3X414B(1) W(56.5)( J- Samantha Wynne )( T- John Blackadder )PlacedDividend : $1.70Put three good runs together this prep. Very good when in winning two back. Blackbooking effort last start. The only concern is the rise in distance.Main Danger1 Capodanno F: 22211B(6) W(59)( T- Terri Rae )WonDividends : $1.40 $1.306 starts 2 wins and 4 seconds in career. Has won her last two Trialed well since and can make it a Hatrick.Next Best6 Too Ferlaxed F: 21518B(2) W(56.5)( T- Steven Woodsford )Freshened since last racing. Was in great form prior winning smartly two back.Longer Odds4 Monash F: 18081B(4) W(57)( T- Champion/Murphy )Won well last start and the small field help chances.
RemarksOnly six contest the first of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 1.40Place1 1 $ 1.30Place2 5 $ 1.70Quinella 1:5 $ 3.00Trifecta 1:5:6 $ 14.60First4 1:5:6:3 $ 35.60Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES MAIDEN RACETime: 12:32 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Madam Sequoia F: 04B(9) W(57)( J- Samantha Wynne )( T- B & R Wilson )Good effort last start for fourth. Improving every run and further improvement makes her a good each way chance.Main Danger1 Exclaim F: 43442B(4) W(57.5)( T- Lance Robinson )PlacedDividend : $1.60Never goes a bad race. Went close to winning last start and Lisa rides today.Next Best8 Matuki F: 45552B(6) W(57)( J- Kin Kwo )( T- Neill Ridley )Worked hard last start and was game for second. Was racing well prior and could be peaking for today.Include in Multis14 Vardon Road F: 6B(1) W(57)Very good on debut. Has the ace draw and just looks one more run away from being hard to beat.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'9 Nymphadora Tonks F: 4542DB(11) W(57)( J- Kylie Williams )Dismiss last start saddle slipped. Very good form prior and could be over the odds.
RemarksCompetitive Pearl Bonus race with many chances
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 22.00Place1 2 $ 6.30Place2 10 $ 2.40Place3 1 $ 1.60Quinella 2:10 $ 72.20Trifecta 2:10:1 $ 826.00First4 2:10:1:8 $ 1516.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 8, 9, 11, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - GARY MCCORMICK TRANSPORT LTD 1200MTime: 1:07 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 I Got A Rock F: 4191XB(2) W(55.5)( T- Terri Rae )Fresh up today and won a trial very well. Shown plenty of ability last prep and should run well at each way odds.Main Danger5 Devious F: 04415B(1) W(57.5)( T- Kennedy/Furlong )WonDividends : $6.10 $2.50Good when winning. Huge run when missing the kick. If he jumps today must be a good chance.Next Best2 Solomon F: 51334B(4) W(59)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- John Blackadder )Won nicely over this trip four back. Been racing well since with 2 thirds and a fourth last time.Include in Multis1 Barabas F: 05813B(5) W(62.5)( J- Wesley Papier )PlacedDividend : $1.70Gets weight relief with the claim. Won two back and was game for third last time.Longer Odds8 Vasiliki F: X9127B(7) W(56.5)( J- Yong Chew )( T- Lance Robinson )Won nicely three back. Good second two back. Tough run last start.
RemarksQuite a talented field of sprinters
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 6.10Place1 5 $ 2.50Place2 4 $ 2.10Place3 1 $ 1.70Quinella 4:5 $ 25.90Trifecta 5:4:1 $ 264.10First4 5:4:1:9 $ 717.00Double 2/5 $ 113.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - SIM'S BAKERY MAIDEN 1200MTime: 1:42 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick13 Caitlyn Jay F:B(8) W(56)WonDividends : $4.30 $1.70Making debut off two very good trial wins. Latest trial win was by 5 lengths.Main Danger1 Grand Express F: 52335B(7) W(58.5)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )PlacedDividend : $2.10Been in great form without winning. Nice fifth in a tough field last time. This looks easier and will run wellNext Best10 Ripa Ruby F: 4B(9) W(56)( T- Champion/Murphy )PlacedDividend : $2.90Trialed well before an ok debut. Was beaten 13 lengths behind Live Drama and Miss Federer when breaking 1.08. This is easier.Include in Multis14 The Emporess F:B(12) W(56)Made good ground late in only trial. Chance on debut.Longer Odds2 Resuscitate F: 86267B(13) W(58.5)( T- Bruce Tapper )Have been racing well over 1400. His racing pattern would suggest he would want further than 1200
RemarksTwo first starters look to have a good debut here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 4.30Place1 13 $ 1.70Place2 10 $ 2.90Place3 1 $ 2.10Quinella 10:13 $ 22.80Trifecta 13:10:1 $ 144.60First4 13:10:1:6 $ 431.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 10, 13, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - BETTY WADLEY MEMORIAL 2200MTime: 2:17 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Sister Monica F: 11413B(1) W(55)WonDividends : $2.20 $1.10Very honest mare. Has won 3 out of her last 5. Good third last time and looks very well placed.Main Danger3 Red River Rock F: 41304B(8) W(54)Won at Awapuni. Went well at her next start. Freshened before last start and should improve.Next Best5 Metasequoia F: 67243B(5) W(54)Has been very consistent this prep. Has put three very good run together.Include in Multis1 Showpin F: 49259B(6) W(59)( J- BB Hong )( T- T & L Prendergast )Talented at his best but has been struggling. Leader who will run very well or really poorly in his first time over ground.Longer Odds7 Shaz The Bank F: 66933B(7) W(54)( J- Doni Prastiyou )( T- K & P Hughes )Been racing well in the 65 grade. Up in grade and could be one for odds punters
RemarksHandy field tackles the fifth
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 2.20Place1 2 $ 1.10Place2 8 $ 6.00Place3 6 $ 5.60Quinella 2:8 $ 33.50Trifecta 2:8:6 $ 431.50First4 2:8:6:4 $ 4772.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - MORRISON'S SADDLERY & FEED MAIDEN 2200Time: 2:52 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Five Princes F: 52234B(11) W(58.5)( T- Centaine Spittles )Very honest mare who has never gone a bad race since joint the south. Ready to win.Main Danger7 Jingo F: X4392B(2) W(56.5)( J- Sanu Toolooa )( T- K & P Hughes )WonDividends : $7.50 $2.30Racing nicely this prep. Ran home very well last start and should run a top race.Next Best8 Rockwithme F: 3X702B(9) W(56.5)( T- Ashley Harrington )Went her best career effort last time. Extra ground suits.Include in Multis2 Grab The Bar F: 37993B(3) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.90Much better effort last time and could improve again.Longer Odds9 Last Letter F: 06893B(7) W(56.5)( J- Akshay Balloo )( T- Kenny Moore )PlacedDividend : $5.00Ran well enough last time at Invercargill. Odds chance
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 7.50Place1 7 $ 2.30Place2 9 $ 5.00Place3 2 $ 1.90Quinella 7:9 $ 77.70Trifecta 7:9:2 $ 684.20First4 7:9:2:8 $ 6702.10Treble 13+/2+/7 $ 57.90Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Five Princes(7) Jingo (8) RockwithmeR7 (1) Dutch Courage(3) Touch The Sky (6) Celine (10) Fascino LassR8 (5) Quintuple TwinsR9 (3) Coup Dreamwood(5) Ataahuadreamsrfree (7) Queen Sweep (11) Major Ish ChouxQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - PENDENE FARM LTD 1200MTime: 3:32 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Celine F: 46125B(3) W(57.5)( T- Pam Robson )PlacedDividend : $2.00Freshened since last racing. Won maiden well and then performed well in this gradeMain Danger1 Dutch Courage F: 6120XB(8) W(59)( J- Jason Laking )( T- Malcolm Price )Fresh up. Trialed well. Best form does come on heavy but has the ability to win.Next Best3 Touch The Sky F: 35573B(14) W(58)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Ashley Frye )Pretty much pulled up two back. Nice effort last start. The draw is a concernInclude in Multis10 Fascino Lass F: 39084B(2) W(55)( T- L & R Didham )WonDividends : $4.30 $1.60Better last start. Looks better placed at 1200 with her backmarker racing pattern.Longer Odds11 Miss Tilly Winks F: 37769B(5) W(55)Not racing badly lately. Odds runner.
RemarksQuite a hard leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 4.30Place1 10 $ 1.60Place2 12 $ 4.10Place3 6 $ 2.00Quinella 10:12 $ 26.50Trifecta 10:12:6 $ 237.60First4 10:12:6:14 $ 1849.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - ECOLAB 1400MTime: 4:12 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'5 Quintuple Twins F: 11111B(3) W(57.5)Ultra talented mare who keeps raising the bar. On a 5 winning streak.Main Danger1 Ticket To Ride F: 81722B(8) W(63)PlacedDividend : $2.50Freshened since last racing. Group winning mare who has to carry plenty of weight today.Next Best9 Monrecour F: 00440B(1) W(54.5)( J- Kylie Williams )PlacedDividend : $1.70Southern debut who is a chance on her best form.Include in Multis8 Sharp 'N' Silver F: 61134B(7) W(55)Racing well and could run well here.Longer Odds3 El Bee Darci F: 41290B(9) W(61)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )Freshened since last racing. Over the odds on her best form eg. Kurow Cup won four back
RemarksAndrew Carston has three runners
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 12.30Place1 6 $ 3.30Place2 1 $ 2.50Place3 9 $ 1.70Quinella 1:6 $ 49.20Trifecta 6:1:9 $ 610.40First4 6:1:9:5 $ 1742.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - ECOLAB 1600MTime: 4:52 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Coup Dreamwood F: 44X45B(5) W(56.5)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )Has put two top runs this time in. Third up ready to run his best run this prep.Main Danger5 Ataahuadreamsrfree F: 20738B(7) W(56)( T- Neill Ridley )Ok last start. Good third prior and will run well here.Next Best11 Major Ish Choux F: 94937B(8) W(54)PlacedDividend : $2.20Stepping back in distance off an ordinary run. Big run two back.Include in Multis7 Queen Sweep F: X3040B(9) W(55.5)( T- Hargreaves/Murfitt )WonDividends : $9.60 $2.80Needed resuming run over 1200. Was in nice form over a similar trip early summer.Longer Odds4 Golden Valkyrie F: 63290B(3) W(56.5)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )( T- Nicky Lloyd )Freshened since last racing. Not the worst here.
RemarksTough way to end the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 9.60Place1 7 $ 2.80Place2 11 $ 2.20Place3 10 $ 2.40Quinella 7:11 $ 31.40Trifecta 7:11:10 $ 514.60First4 7:11:10:9 $ 5399.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 7, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%