Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - COCHRANES OF CANTERBURY MAIDEN 1600Time: 12:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Hibachi F: 5B(1) W(58.5)( J- Lee Callaway )Should lead from one and should be fighting out the finish off his debut run.Main Danger14 Last Hoorah F: 802B(15) W(54)( T- Stephen Autridge )Stephen Autridge has tried this filly in some nice 3 year old races. Good second over this trip last time.Next Best7 El Bee Jack F: 760X4B(4) W(58.5)( J- Tina Comignaghi )( T- Russell McKay )WonDividends : $4.40 $2.00Very good fresh up. Will be fitter and won’t be far away.Include in Multis2 Our Boy Ritchie F: 454X3B(6) W(58.5)( T- K & A Tyler )Good fresh up. Will handle the ground And wouldn’t leave out at multisLonger Odds3 Acre F: 42936B(11) W(58.5)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- Russell McKay )Capable of figuring in the finish on his home track.
RemarksFirst of a great day of racing
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 4.40Place1 7 $ 2.00Place2 12 $ 4.70Place3 13 $ 3.30Quinella 7:12 $ 49.90Trifecta 7:12:13 $ 969.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 7, 9, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - R D PETROLEUM AND PAUL BRAND 2200Time: 12:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'2 I'llav Bubbles F: 56405B(9) W(58.5)( T- Andrew Carston )Good during the Winter months but has struggled a touch on firmer ground. Now back on wet ground she comes into this.Main Danger1 Chief Sequoyah F: 52367B(6) W(59)( T- Stephen Marsh )PlacedDividend : $1.30Been racing well lately even he his form tailed off a touch. Will handle the ground and very well placed.Next Best3 Bridget Town F: 27525B(3) W(57.5)( T- Thelma Foley )WonDividends : $4.90 $1.70Going good races. Will handle the ground and won’t be far away.Include in Multis6 Metasequoia F: 05342B(4) W(57)( J- Tina Comignaghi )She’s has really come into form lately and should run another good race today.Longer Odds7 Jildi Jildi F: 26160B(10) W(56.5)( T- Sarah Haisma )Won maiden well and looks better placed today at odds
RemarksSmall field but a good field contest this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 4.90Place1 3 $ 1.70Place2 8 $ 2.30Place3 1 $ 1.30Quinella 3:8 $ 16.50Trifecta 3:8:1 $ 112.20First4 3:8:1:10 $ 766.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - FASTTRACK INSURANCE 2200Time: 1:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Pamir F: X3418B(6) W(55.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- John Luxton )Only fair on a dead 4 last start but form on softer ground was good including the win and the claim will help her winning chances.Main Danger2 Owen Patrick F: 33336B(4) W(59)( J- Sanu Toolooa )( T- Charles/Corbett )PlacedDividend : $2.10Slightly average last start but prior form good. Been a while since a win.Next Best1 Al Haram F: 64135B(7) W(59)( J- Michael McNab )( T- Jamie Richards )WonDividends : $4.00 $2.30This French import has been racing well and expect a good performance today.Longer Odds4 Pickup F: 32249B(2) W(56)( T- Kevin James )Form before last start was good and could return to that form here.
RemarksAnother small field but does have quality
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.00Place1 1 $ 2.30Place2 2 $ 2.10Quinella 1:2 $ 6.60Trifecta 1:2:6 $ 136.90First4 1:2:6:7 $ 636.00Double 3/1 $ 18.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - NORM AND LEEANNE STEWART CUP DAY CAR PARK MAIDENTime: 1:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Keep The Cash F: 37X32B(5) W(58.5)( J- Lee Callaway )( T- Rae/Williams-Tuhoro )WonDividends : $2.10 $1.30Form in the north has been good and has handles wet ground before must be a good chance today.Main Danger9 I Got A Rock F: 424XB(10) W(56.5)Fresh up with a trial but was solid last prep to be very competitive.Next Best8 Exclaim F: 343X0B(6) W(56.5)( T- Lance Robinson )PlacedDividend : $2.90Only fair fresh up but has form last prep to suggest a quick improvementInclude in Multis12 Our Girl Gilly F:B(7) W(56.5)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )( T- M & M Pitman )Won well enough at the trials and comes into this with the claim. Good debut is expectedLonger Odds3 Bogatyr F: 80X44B(3) W(58.5)( J- Jacob Lowry )( T- T & L Prendergast )Likely to lead and could be hard to pass at odds.
RemarksNice form maiden race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.10Place1 1 $ 1.30Place2 8 $ 2.90Place3 5 $ 8.40Quinella 1:8 $ 11.10Trifecta 1:8:5 $ 316.50First4 1:8:5:9 $ 2058.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 8, 9, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - RAINER IRRIGATION FERTIGATION INVITATIONAL 1600Time: 2:24 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Camino Rocoso F: 011X3B(1) W(55)( J- Chris Johnson )Form has been near faultless since moving south. Very good fresh up. Will be fitter extra distance suits and meets a weaker field today.Main Danger4 Albut Me F: 21071B(7) W(54)( J- Sanu Toolooa )( T- K & P Hughes )Likely leader. In winning form fit and has no weight on his back.Next Best3 Timy Tyler F: 19X23B(5) W(54.5)( T- K & A Tyler )PlacedDividend : $2.20Loving the wet tracks in the Deep South. Facing a tougher field but has the ability to figure in the finish.Include in Multis7 Savapak F: 321X0B(8) W(54)( T- L & R Didham )Needed fresh up run. Track should be ok and will be fitter.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'6 Ticket To Ride F: 65104B(3) W(54)( T- Andrew Carston )WonDividends : $14.30 $3.20Loves heavy tracks and that brings her into play.
RemarksTracks the only concern for top pick
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 14.30Place1 6 $ 3.20Place2 3 $ 2.20Place3 5 $ 5.90Double 1+/6 $ 19.90Quaddie 3/1/1+/6 $ 1530.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - VALACHI DOWNS 1400Time: 2:59 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Magnify F: 13527B(6) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Making southern debut and his efforts in the north makes him an easy top pickMain Danger12 Iffida F: 24081B(8) W(56.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Charles/Corbett )Good winning last start and loves heavy ground looks well over the odds.Next Best7 Queen Jetsun F: 51059B(3) W(58)( T- T & L Prendergast )PlacedDividend : $1.70Has mixed her efforts since her win but has the track to suit today.Include in Multis6 Scooby F: 1037XB(2) W(58.5)( J- Jacob Lowry )( T- Champion/Murphy )Fresh up without a trial but has heavy track form and don’t be far away if he’s fit enoughLonger Odds9 Dreamtesta F: 0X390B(4) W(57.5)Good run fresh up been disappointing since but has the track to suit.
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 14 $ 11.90Place1 14 $ 3.10Place2 7 $ 1.70Place3 5 $ 1.70Quinella 7:14 $ 24.00Trifecta 14:7:5 $ 201.30First4 14:7:5:12 $ 2664.60Treble 1+/6/14 $ 622.20
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (5) Magnify(7) Queen Jetsun (12) IffidaR7 (7) MorwekaR8 (2) Okay Pal(6) Folk Dress (7) Kali (9) KaralinoR9 (5) Miss Doherty(10) Tryfan (11) Belle Fascino (14) BoundtobehonoredQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 6, 7, 9, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - MCCREA PAINTERS AND DECORATORS ASHBURTON CUPTime: 3:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'7 Morweka F: 113X1B(4) W(54)WonDividends : $2.20 $1.60Dominant winner fresh up on heavy ground. Should lead and be very hard to beat.Main Danger1 Prince Oz F: 62X31B(1) W(60)PlacedDividend : $2.50Good behind Morweka fresh up. Won well last time and should handle the track.Next Best4 Disturbance F: 1135XB(3) W(59)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Kennedy/Furlong )Was in stunning form last prep. Had a spell trialed nicely since but the track is a concern.Include in Multis9 Emily Margaret F: 112X7B(5) W(54)( T- K & P Hughes )Good as a 3 year old. Will be fitter for her first up run.Longer Odds5 Johnny Jones F: 377X9B(6) W(58)( J- Chris Johnson )Trialed super before his fresh run. Will be fitter and the track should suit.
RemarksSprinting Ashburton Cup
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 2.20Place1 7 $ 1.60Place2 1 $ 2.50Quinella 1:7 $ 3.60Trifecta 7:1:9 $ 26.90First4 7:1:9:6 $ 105.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - BARNESWOOD FARM STAKES 1400Time: 4:09 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Kali F: 1X17B(14) W(54.5)( T- Tony Pike )WonDividends : $3.40 $1.50Won her first two well with the later being promoted. Unlucky in the Gold Trail and if she handles the track should go closeMain Danger9 Karalino F: 5431B(6) W(54.5)( T- Stephen Autridge )PlacedDividend : $2.10Won maiden easy last tart and a filly whose timing just feels right for this.Next Best6 Folk Dress F: 114X7B(5) W(54.5)( J- Michael McNab )( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $2.80Quality filly who was nice enough fresh up and if she handles the track she has the qualityInclude in Multis2 Okay Pal F: 1B(7) W(56.5)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- M & M Pitman )Lead and was dominant on debut. Big step up but may be very good.Longer Odds8 Live Drama F: 1X64B(12) W(54.5)( T- Lance Robinson )Made good ground on a strong race last time and could be a big odds here.
RemarksWill the Guineas winner come out of this?
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.40Place1 7 $ 1.50Place2 9 $ 2.10Place3 6 $ 2.80Quinella 7:9 $ 10.00Trifecta 7:9:6 $ 102.80First4 7:9:6:12 $ 5856.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 6, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - ASHBURTON MSA LIQUOR CENTRE 1400Time: 4:44 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick14 Boundtobehonored F: 14142B(11) W(56.5)( T- Tony Pike )PlacedDividend : $1.70Brings very honest form in the north. Handles wet ground. Draw only concern.Main Danger10 Tryfan F: 61633B(7) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.90Won on a very testing track during Grand National Carnival. Form since good and looks a nice chance.Next Best5 Miss Doherty F: 56X15B(8) W(58.5)( T- Danny Crozier )Won well on southern debut. Decent run last start and with the track must have a chance.Include in Multis11 Belle Fascino F: 8X186B(4) W(57)( T- Stephen Marsh )WonDividends : $9.10 $2.60Won well fresh up. Been good since and has Robbie on today to help chances.Longer Odds12 Gifted F: 16039B(2) W(57)( T- Taylor Burnett )Loves heavy track and by the last she looks the odds runner
RemarksFinal race of the day and it will be interesting how the track plays during the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 9.10Place1 11 $ 2.60Place2 14 $ 1.70Place3 10 $ 1.90Quinella 11:14 $ 10.90Trifecta 11:14:10 $ 133.00First4 11:14:10:3 $ 1324.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 10, 11, 12, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%