Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - LIQUORLAND OAMARUTime: 11:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Sitarist F: 21321B(10) W(59.5)( T- J & K Parsons )In great form. Dropping back in grade with a four kilo claim. Looks hard to beat if she handles the trackMain Danger2 Strad F: X3171B(6) W(59)( J- Jacob Lowry )( T- Alex Cowan )WonDividends : $3.00 $1.50Another racing well. Good win last start in a good race. Can win this if the track suitsNext Best5 Vee Twelve F: 19295B(9) W(57.5)( J- Lee Callaway )( T- Jackie Burrows )Been racing well enough. Form has tailed off a touch but wasn't bad at Ashburton last time and will be on speed. Should like the track.Include in Multis10 Kanumiss F: X1581B(11) W(55.5)( T- Terri Rae )PlacedDividend : $1.90Solid win last time. Rises in class from that win but can race well in this.Longer Odds9 I'llav Bubbles F: 88X05B(7) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $3.90Improving off every start. Will love the track.
RemarksSame meeting as Sunday just a different venue
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.00Place1 2 $ 1.50Place2 9 $ 3.90Place3 10 $ 1.90Quinella 2:9 $ 27.40Trifecta 2:9:10 $ 224.90First4 2:9:10:6 $ 1670.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - BREWCO BRANDINGTime: 12:14 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Rockoneve F: 44025B(8) W(58)( J- Courtney Barnes )( T- Bill Thurlow )Tipped on top last two starts and raced well. First time over the distance is an concern but looks well placed form her cd formMain Danger12 Sulu Sea F: 53921B(1) W(56.5)( T- Champion/Murphy )Easy maiden winner by 4 lengths. Can win again off that.Next Best10 Ave Maria F: 31634B(10) W(57)( T- Kevin Myers )PlacedDividend : $1.70Racing well without winning on the flat. Will get home well and the claim may help. Track is no concern.Include in Multis11 It's Pandemonium F: 68132B(7) W(57)( T- Steve Tyler )Racing very well. Enjoying ridden on speed and she will be tough again today.Longer Odds1 Fly Without Wings F: 0X225B(12) W(59)( J- Amless Bohorun )( T- Stephen Blair-Edie )Placed two out of three this prep and will handle these conditions
RemarksNorth brings down some horses for today
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 15.10Place1 9 $ 3.70Place2 5 $ 6.00Place3 10 $ 1.70Quinella 5:9 $ 169.30Trifecta 9:5:10 $ 2387.10First4 9:5:10:11 $ 5819.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 10, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - BRACKEN PRINTTime: 12:49 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Chuck A Luck F: 3B(5) W(56)Good on debut will take improvement and looks the one to beat.Main Danger5 Far Site F:B(4) W(54)( J- Kin Kwo )( T- Neill Ridley )WonDividends : $3.80 $1.90Good winning her latest trial. Gets in good at the weights with the claim has to be one of the main chancesNext Best6 Glamour F:B(8) W(54)( T- Bill Thurlow )PlacedDividend : $1.70Nice trial for second behind race winner. Work has improved since and the word is strong.Include in Multis1 El Gladiador F: 1X6B(1) W(57.5)( J- Tina Comignaghi )( T- J & K Parsons )PlacedDividend : $2.00Good winner on debut. Rider reported he didn't handle the track. This track is heavier. Concern but hard to ignore on debut run.Longer Odds9 Where's The Gold F: 7B(2) W(54)Wasn't bad at the trials and the first up effort fair but could be the value if she improves.
RemarksTwo year old race with no Heavy track form
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 3.80Place1 5 $ 1.90Place2 1 $ 2.00Place3 6 $ 1.70Quinella 1:5 $ 14.10Trifecta 5:1:6 $ 73.70First4 5:1:6:2 $ 178.80Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - GLENMOA FARMS LTD RIVER PLATETime: 1:24 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 On Point F: 16241B(5) W(57.5)( T- Lance Robinson )Very good winning last start. Very honest. Should love the track and looks the best bet of the dayMain Danger5 Tabard F: 22454B(1) W(55.5)( T- Kevin Myers )PlacedDividend : $1.50Been racing well enough. Was a good effort last week on very testing ground. Does handle all tracks. Will run well.Next Best7 Waimate Bill F: 2X436B(7) W(55)( J- Amless Bohorun )( T- Stephen Blair-Edie )Racing in good form. Good in open class last time can race well in the same class. Very fit.Include in Multis2 Salamanca F: X5845B(4) W(59.5)Northern galloper whp usually races well on Heavy ground. Must not be left out.Longer Odds9 Dreaming Easy F: 26120B(2) W(54)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Steve Tyler )WonDividends : $16.20 $3.50Light weight chance. Has been very good from near last on these surfaces so a bold run would not surprise.
RemarksGood open class race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 16.20Place1 9 $ 3.50Place2 5 $ 1.50Place3 6 $ 2.50Quinella 5:9 $ 24.40Trifecta 9:5:6 $ 510.30First4 9:5:6:8 $ 3133.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - EASY MADE MARMALADE LTDTime: 2:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Floral Art F: 666X4B(5) W(56.5)( T- Peter Didham )PlacedDividend : $1.60Coming south from the north. Was good enough fresh up and the north form must be repected. Sister loves these conditions.Main Danger8 Mah Girl F: 8022XB(6) W(56.5)( T- Michael Daly )Ran two good seconds at the end of her prep. If she is forward enough must be considered.Next Best1 Rothacker F: X0063B(8) W(58.5)( T- Lionel Dobbs )WonDividends : $4.90 $2.00Didn't get all favours last start. Not the strongest field and can break maidensInclude in Multis2 Aristotle F: 03004B(3) W(58.5)( J- Jason Laking )Much better effort last start and if he runs like that again will be in the finishLonger Odds11 Fleur Delacour F: 909X7B(1) W(56.5)( J- Rahul Beeharry )( T- John Blackadder )Very well backed first up. Showed ability in north and cannot be left out.
RemarksHard race with no stand out
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.90Place1 1 $ 2.00Place2 10 $ 1.60Place3 13 $ 3.30Quinella 1:10 $ 8.80Trifecta 1:10:13 $ 172.60First4 1:10:13:8 $ 689.70Double 9/1 $ 60.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 8, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - THE BRYDONE HOTELTime: 2:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Pure Class F: 63B(3) W(56.5)( J- Rahul Beeharry )( T- Kenny Moore )PlacedDividend : $2.10Well bred filly who was very good last start for third. Work has been good and the trainer is very confident.Main Danger7 Secretaria F: 447X8B(1) W(56.5)( T- Michael Daly )Wasn't a bad effort on southern debut but her form is the north was good. I think the track will suit.Next Best6 Switch Pitcher F: 070X3B(7) W(56.5)Trial was nice before a good third fresh up. Any improvement sees this horse a good chanceInclude in Multis2 Acre F: 49644B(8) W(58.5)( T- Steven Woodsford )PlacedDividend : $2.00Ran some nice races in the north. South debut and if forward enough can go closeLonger Odds3 Diplomat F: 90397B(12) W(58.5)( T- Barbara Blackie )Trainers 100th birthday yesterday. Been racing well enough and can be the value off his form.
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 6.10Place1 8 $ 2.00Place2 2 $ 2.00Place3 5 $ 2.10Quinella 2:8 $ 18.50Trifecta 8:2:5 $ 162.10First4 8:2:5:3 $ 689.50Treble 9/1/8 $ 960.50
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (5) Pure Class(7) SecretariaR7 (4) King CougarR8 (2) Monza Circuito(3) So Brazen (6) Suggestive Loox (10) O'Kiwi (11) Queen JetsunR9 (1) Lord Beaver(12) Wafer (13) Elegido (19) Devine LoveQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - CROMBIE AND PRICE LTD OAMARU CUPTime: 3:13 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 King Cougar F: X2532B(7) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Brings down good Winter CD form. Been just beaten by some of the best in the north. Looks hard to beat.Main Danger8 Owen Patrick F: 31242B(3) W(55)( T- Charles/Corbett )PlacedDividend : $1.90In very good form. Very good win and been good in strong company since this isn't easier but can take out the feature.Next Best3 Raise You Ten F: 08642B(1) W(59)( J- Corey Campbell )( T- B & S Anderton )Stakes winner who has struggled to win since. Very good last time and proves a win is close.Include in Multis1 Elfee F: 38468B(5) W(60)Carrying a big weight and maybe not in her best form. She will love these track conditions and usually races well this time of year. Odds are generous.Longer Odds5 Platinum Command F: 90067B(2) W(57)( T- Lisa Latta )Was in very good form last year battling this year. Back in the south and on a heavy track must be considered.
RemarksToday's feature the Oamaru Cup the last main lead up to the Winter Cup
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 10.40Place1 6 $ 2.80Place2 4 $ 1.60Place3 8 $ 1.90Quinella 4:6 $ 14.80Trifecta 6:4:8 $ 168.30First4 6:4:8:10 $ 1319.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - NICCI BROWN ASCOT FRUIT MARKETTime: 3:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Queen Jetsun F: 22290B(3) W(54)( T- T & L Prendergast )Form was solid. Before no luck two back and a wide run at Ashburton. If she can get out of trouble from a good gate. Could be hard to beat.Main Danger2 Monza Circuito F: 70332B(7) W(56.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Mike McCann )WonDividends : $4.40 $1.90Racing very well. Led last time and could well do that again but we know she is versatile.Next Best6 Suggestive Loox F: 08125B(12) W(56)Form is not as bad on heavy as form reads. Usually a back marker but over 1400 two back sat midfield that day. Racing well and will come home with a great burst.Include in Multis3 So Brazen F: 211X7B(5) W(56.5)Will have improve since her fresh up run. Was in outstanding form at the end of her prep. Will love this track.Longer Odds10 O'Kiwi F: 08X3XB(13) W(54.5)( T- L & R Didham )Spelled since a good last start run which was fresh. Usually loves wet tracks so cannot be left out of combos.
RemarksVery good race with some value around
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.40Place1 2 $ 1.90Place2 1 $ 2.80Place3 4 $ 6.60Quinella 1:2 $ 16.30Trifecta 2:1:4 $ 468.50First4 2:1:4:6 $ 2997.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - CALDER OYSTERS & JIM DUNNE BUILDINGTime: 4:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Lord Beaver F: 33633B(8) W(60)( J- Corey Campbell )( T- T & L Prendergast )WonDividends : $7.50 $2.80Racing in very good form. Gets the claim and will love the track. The one to beatMain Danger13 Elegido F: 016X2B(10) W(56.5)( T- Steven Woodsford )Good run fresh up. Will take improvement from that and has a good record on these track conditions.Next Best12 Wafer F: 90033B(13) W(57)PlacedDividend : $2.60Racing well on tracks that are too heavy. Finds that today which is a concern but racing well not to be put in selectionsInclude in Multis14 To Love You F: 7X841B(12) W(56.5)( T- Danny Frye )PlacedDividend : $5.30Was racing well enough before her win. The track is fine for her and could run a big race.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'19 Devine Love F: 09404B(14) W(54)( T- Benner/Wynyard )Should of won three starts back. Good last start effort and will love this track.
RemarksLast of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 7.50Place1 1 $ 2.80Place2 12 $ 2.60Place3 14 $ 5.30Quinella 1:12 $ 21.40Trifecta 1:12:14 $ 812.90First4 1:12:14:18 $ 6110.80Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 12, 13, 14, 19RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%