Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES MAIDEN RACETime: 11:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Exclaim F: 28243B(3) W(57.5)( J- Yong Chew )Consistent mare who always races well. Got a good draw and suited the 1100m's today. Looks hard to beat with the claimMain Danger2 Expressive F: 78943B(2) W(57.5)WonDividends : $5.00 $2.10Both runs during the circuit have been good and I expect another bold run todayNext Best6 Easy On The Eye F: 5X003B(6) W(56)( J- Doni Prastiyou )PlacedDividend : $2.70Much better last start on New Years Day. Chance here.Longer Odds3 Athene F: 3985XB(4) W(57.5)Fresh up and showed enough last prep to run a big race fresh.
RemarksOnly six runners in the first
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 5.00Place1 2 $ 2.10Place2 6 $ 2.70Quinella 2:6 $ 15.30Trifecta 2:6:8 $ 136.80First4 2:6:8:1 $ 240.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - WESTLAND RC @ OMOTO 14 JAN MAIDENTime: 12:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 The Buffer F: 00632B(8) W(57)( T- Rae/Williams-Tuhoro )Very unlucky at Greymouth last time. Very good chance off that.Main Danger1 Noah F: X7432B(4) W(58.5)( J- Tina Comignaghi )( T- Cheri Trembath )WonDividends : $2.80 $1.60Improving off every run this prep. Has been good in both placings last couple and should go close todayNext Best2 Sligo F: 0X384B(3) W(58.5)( J- Brandon Morgenrood )PlacedDividend : $1.70All three runs in the south had merit. Good fresh up. Good effort last start and has every chance today.Include in Multis6 Goose Bay F:B(5) W(57)Making debut off some nice trials. Hasn't trial since November but I expect him to have more ring craft.Longer Odds7 Dancing Choux F: 8B(9) W(56.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Steven Woodsford )Trialed well before an average debut. Chance at odds.
RemarksCompetitive second race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.80Place1 1 $ 1.60Place2 3 $ 3.90Place3 2 $ 1.70Quinella 1:3 $ 20.90Trifecta 1:3:2 $ 90.40First4 1:3:2:7 $ 469.40Double 2/1+ $ 9.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - ALEX HAYWARD/NOEL WAFER POW MEMORIAL MAIDENTime: 1:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'9 Nymphadora Tonks F: X9645B(4) W(55)Since the Blinkers gone on she has been very good. Unlucky last start and if she suits Greymouth will take some beating.Main Danger4 Wondering F: 27856B(7) W(56.5)Has been a touch disappointing in her three runs in the south. On her best northern form she will go close here.Next Best1 Bogatyr F: 84093B(1) W(58.5)( J- Brandon Morgenrood )( T- T & L Prendergast )Much better last start to the races. Got the right draw to lead and be hard to pass.Include in Multis7 Matuki F: 784B(2) W(55)Decent two starts back. Wasn't the worst of runs last time and can figure in the finish.Longer Odds3 My Hugo F: 7976XB(5) W(58.5)WonDividends : $9.70 $2.90Has shown ability in his 4 starts. Chance fresh up.
RemarksVery keen on my top pick
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 9.70Place1 3 $ 2.90Place2 12 $ 7.80Place3 6 $ 6.30Quinella 3:12 $ 177.90Trifecta 3:12:6 $ 8948.40First4 - $ 0.00Treble 2/1+/3 $ 145.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - SPEIGHT'S/SUPER LIQUOR MAIDENTime: 1:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Oceans Away F: 38561B(9) W(60.5)Very easy winner at Reefton on Wednesday. Meets a similar field and if he backs up should be hard to beat.Main Danger1 Secret Runner F: 65322B(4) W(58.5)WonDividends : $3.40 $1.50Has been good during the circuit. Consistent before then and he was good behind Oceans Away on WednesdayNext Best5 Hijacked F: 6B(8) W(58.5)Made good ground on debut on Wednesday. The extra distance suitsInclude in Multis2 Five Princes F: 43295B(6) W(58.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Centaine Spittles )PlacedDividend : $2.40Was in good form a few starts ago. Was good when 9th when finishing his race well. Nice run at Reefton and will be fitter.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'10 Figeameout F: 34778B(10) W(56.5)Has shown ability in her career. Has struggled lately and has her chance at odds
RemarksCompetitive maiden 2000m here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.40Place1 1 $ 1.50Place2 2 $ 2.40Place3 7 $ 2.40Quinella 1:2 $ 12.20Trifecta 1:2:7 $ 119.20First4 1:2:7:10 $ 640.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - KUMARA SUPPORTERS MAIDENTime: 2:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Succoso Segreto F: 0X602B(4) W(56.5)Really good effort last start when second. Always looked suited by 2000m and will be hard to beat hereMain Danger1 Pondering F: 04424B(1) W(58.5)WonDividends : $3.80 $1.60Good effort when second at Taranaki. Was fair at Reefton on Wednesday and a chance here.Next Best10 Vivace Lady F: X8782B(10) W(55)( J- Tina Comignaghi )( T- Kennedy/Furlong )PlacedDividend : $1.70Made good ground up the rails at Timaru last time. Suited by the extra distance here.Include in Multis5 Barzellar F: 60X36B(2) W(56.5)( J- Sanu Toolooa )( T- John Blackadder )Made good ground when third fresh up. Wasn't the worst at Greymouth and has her chance third up.Longer Odds9 Magical Mystery F: 7B(5) W(56.5)Decent run on debut at Greymouth and looks the odds runner.
RemarksSecond maiden 2000m of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.80Place1 1 $ 1.60Place2 10 $ 1.70Place3 11 $ 1.80Quinella 1:10 $ 6.70Trifecta 1:10:11 $ 61.80First4 1:10:11:7 $ 597.60Quaddie 1+/3/1/1+ $ 433.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - OMOTO SUPPORTERS CLUBTime: 2:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Arnage F: 52322B(7) W(57)( T- Jackie Burrows )Honest mare who has been very good for a while. Good second on New Years Day and should be a very good winning chance todayMain Danger1 Mediterranean Star F: 73634B(2) W(60)( T- Stephen Marsh )PlacedDividend : $1.50Been racing well lately in higher company. Good run at Greymouth. Nice run when third at Ashburton and has a great chance.Next Best5 Keep The Cash F: 21003B(6) W(57.5)( T- Rae/Williams-Tuhoro )Much better at Greymouth when freshened. Will be fitter and should run well.Include in Multis9 Montreux Miss F: 05317B(4) W(56)( J- Doni Prastiyou )Good winner at Ashburton two back. Fair at Kurow and has her chance hereLonger Odds4 Promising F: 24728B(3) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $3.50Just beaten two back didn't back up at Reefton and if she performs like two back has to be a chance.
RemarksMany decent chances here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 9.60Place1 3 $ 2.60Place2 1 $ 1.50Place3 4 $ 3.50Quinella 1:3 $ 11.70Trifecta 3:1:4 $ 217.80First4 3:1:4:6 $ 505.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - GREYMOUTH STARTime: 3:24 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'4 Black Label F: 84730B(1) W(58)( T- Steve Tyler )WonDividends : $4.40 $2.00Speedy mare who should lead. Was in great form last Winter but on firmer ground. Track will suit and at good each way moneyMain Danger5 Hazelnut F: 13831B(5) W(58)PlacedDividend : $1.80Has been honest all her career. Good when winning at Greymouth last time and should go close hereNext Best1 Two Thirty F: X5X37B(11) W(59)Very good fresh up at Counties. Unlucky at Greymouth over 1500m. Only concern is the quick drop back in distanceInclude in Multis2 Nakyama F: 046X2B(7) W(58.5)( J- Sanu Toolooa )( T- K & P Hughes )PlacedDividend : $2.60Very good effort fresh up at Greymouth. Has to be a chance on thatLonger Odds7 Vasiliki F: 2280XB(4) W(56)Fresh up after a successful prep. Likely to improve but I expect a bold run.
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 4.40Place1 4 $ 2.00Place2 2 $ 2.60Place3 5 $ 1.80Quinella 2:4 $ 19.60Trifecta 4:2:5 $ 126.90First4 4:2:5:3 $ 441.40Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (1) Two Thirty(4) Black Label (5) HazelnutR8 (2) Teddytwinkletoes(7) Onefortheditch (8) Katiem MarieR9 (2) Overtheriver(3) Lochan OraR10 (1) Repo Sun(4) Carnaby (5) PlushenkoQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - BIRCHFIELD COAL MINESTime: 4:01 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Onefortheditch F: 851X5B(3) W(55.5)Was a very good effort fresh up when fifith. Drops back in grade goes up in distance and looks a good winning hope.Main Danger2 Teddytwinkletoes F: 433X0B(5) W(59)( T- Andrea Dickson )WonDividends : $8.20 $2.90Was in good form without winning last prep. Needed resuming run and looks well placed hereNext Best8 Katiem Marie F: 54331B(2) W(55)PlacedDividend : $1.60Honest mare who has been good in both runs during the circuit. Good winning at Reefton on Wednesday and can go close here.Include in Multis4 Locally Sauced F: 68X95B(6) W(58.5)( T- G & T Shaw )Improved from fresh up run. Talented galloper who should improved more.Longer Odds9 Our Boy Baz F: 56044B(4) W(54)Nice fourth last start at Reefton. Looks the odds runner at 51kg.
RemarksVery competitive field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 8.20Place1 2 $ 2.90Place2 8 $ 1.60Quinella 2:8 $ 7.20Trifecta 2:8:9 $ 65.10First4 2:8:9:6 $ 540.50Double 4+/2 $ 23.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - VERNON & VAZEY OMOTO CUPTime: 4:36 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Overtheriver F: 50762B(2) W(59)PlacedDividend : $1.60Loves the circuit. Very good in defeat at Greymouth last time and looks well placed to win.Main Danger3 Lochan Ora F: 64461B(7) W(57)Got up to win Greymouth Cup. Prior form good and should go close here.Next Best6 Shadow King F: 72704B(8) W(54)PlacedDividend : $2.20Improved since Taupo Cup when getting home really well late time. Should run well here.Include in Multis7 Top Laurels F: 41553B(6) W(54)Has been racing very well lately winning four starts back. Good effort in Greymouth Cup and has his chance hereLonger Odds8 What's Up Alf F: 14402B(4) W(54)Very good effort at Greymouth last time and looks the odds runner here
RemarksToday's feature event
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 6.30Place1 9 $ 2.30Place2 2 $ 1.60Place3 6 $ 2.20Quinella 2:9 $ 11.50Trifecta 9:2:6 $ 147.30First4 9:2:6:7 $ 773.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - RECREATION HOTELTime: 5:11 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Repo Sun F: 55X42B(1) W(60)( J- Jason Laking )( T- John Blackadder )Good fresh up when fourth. Very good at Greymouth and looks to have his chance today.Main Danger5 Plushenko F: 24514B(11) W(58.5)( T- G & T Shaw )Impressive winner two starts back. Really good without luck last start. Has a good chance here.Next Best4 Carnaby F: 72692B(3) W(58.5)WonDividends : $3.60 $1.60Just missed last week when second. Form prior good and should go close.Include in Multis6 Verses F: 13203B(6) W(58.5)( T- Jackie Burrows )PlacedDividend : $3.00Only fail in form line came during Cup week over 2500m. Good on New Years Day and I expect him to be in the moneyLonger Odds3 Pableau F: 56224B(7) W(59)( T- Andrea Dickson )PlacedDividend : $2.90Been racing very well in the south. Only concern is the firm track but looks the odds runner
RemarksFinal race of a big 10 race card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 3.60Place1 4 $ 1.60Place2 6 $ 3.00Place3 3 $ 2.90Quinella 4:6 $ 15.30Trifecta 4:6:3 $ 180.10First4 4:6:3:5 $ 533.90Double 9/4+ $ 21.60Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%