Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - NORTHERN SOUTHLAND LIVESTOCK & WAIRIO FARMSTime: 11:22 | Distance: 2115m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Colour Me Red F: 74552B(2) W(58.5)( J- Daniel Bothamley )WonDividends : $3.10 $1.50Improved run for second last start and it could build on that. Drawn well and it has been well received in the betting.Main Danger5 Luuka F: 64737B(4) W(56.5)( T- Sally McKay )Hasn't quite shown its best form this season but the ability is there. Chris Johnson is in good form and that could make the difference.Next Best3 Odysseus F: 0X543B(6) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.80Improving with every run this preparation. Nice effort for third last start and this level of opposition shouldn't worry it.Include in Multis2 Power Punch F: 78725B(3) W(58.5)( J- BB Hong )( T- Greg Wright )Has the ability, just needs to put it all together. Gets a valuable 3kg claimer in the saddle and that's going to take it close.Longer Odds6 Macpac F: 20689B(1) W(56.5)( T- Maurice Forde )Gets in light and it could head forward and try kick away.
RemarksSmall field but it should be a good race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.10Place1 1 $ 1.50Place2 3 $ 1.80Quinella 1:3 $ 3.70Trifecta 1:3:2 $ 19.80First4 1:3:2:6 $ 81.10Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - TRAVELLERS REST TAVERN & FORDES LIVESTOCKTime: 11:52 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Spectra F: 24625B(1) W(56.5)( T- Terry Kennedy )Gets a gun run off the inside draw with Johnson in the saddle. Has been around the mark this time in, including two second placings. Tough to beat.Main Danger1 Beam Me Up Scotty F: 24394B(5) W(58.5)( J- Jason Laking )( T- K & I Taplin )WonDividends : $5.00 $1.60Mixing its form but they have come in some solid maiden races. Runs at each way odds and punters are getting some value.Next Best2 The Flagon F: 53046B(2) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.30Has suggested a maiden win won't be far off. Good effort to run third four starts back and a return to that form would take it close.Include in Multis7 Molly Polly F: 38364B(8) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Never too far away but never that close either. Gets its chances here against a weak field and with a 3kg claim.Longer Odds3 Peshawar F: 48457B(6) W(58.5)( J- Daniel Bothamley )( T- Ellis Winsloe )Promised to win a race by now. Last chance saloon but it could offer value.
RemarksPlenty of money coming for the short favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.00Place1 1 $ 1.60Place2 7 $ 1.60Place3 2 $ 2.30Quinella 1:7 $ 13.70Trifecta 1:7:2 $ 122.60First4 1:7:2:9 $ 1504.50Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - NIND DAIRY SERVICES & DT KINGS TRANSPORT HCPTime: 12:22 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'3 Just Push Play F: 61413B(7) W(59.5)Nice win two back and backed that up with another solid effort. Looks to have more ability than most in this field so stick with it.Main Danger6 Lord Beaver F: 03X33B(10) W(57.5)( J- Jacob Lowry )( T- Michael Boyle )Knocking on the door after three consecutive third placings. Doesn't have to improve much to figure in the finish here.Next Best5 Galway Garry F: 8X577B(1) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $2.10Form doesn't appear to be strong but it's better than it looks. Should find this slightly easier and run accordingly. Chance.Include in Multis8 Valetina Vittoria F: 39110B(2) W(55.5)Did enough to score consecutive wins at Riverton. Average last start but this field looks more its go. Upset chance.Longer Odds7 Ruby Marie F: 4X740B(5) W(56)PlacedDividend : $3.20Has shown glimpses of good form and its best would take it close at odds.
RemarksPlenty of good form in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 7.30Place1 4 $ 2.70Place2 7 $ 3.20Place3 5 $ 2.10Quinella 4:7 $ 47.50Trifecta 4:7:5 $ 459.20First4 4:7:5:8 $ 2070.90Double 4/2 $ 38.90Treble 1+/1/4 $ 136.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - HOMESTEAD VILLA MOTEL WAIRIO PLATETime: 12:57 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Finbarr F: 40310B(6) W(60)( T- Gay Robinson )Owns too much ability not to be put on top. Doesn't always hold its form but that was a strong win two back and it has the class factor.Main Danger4 Dreaming Easy F: 21261B(7) W(54)PlacedDividend : $1.60In good form having won two of its last four starts. Gets the benefit of a massive weight advantage at 52kg. Has been well backed.Next Best5 Taieri Gem F: 10346B(5) W(54)( J- Courtney Barnes )Owns winning form this campaign and it's another nicely weighted chance. Should lob into a nice position and threaten.Include in Multis6 What's Up Alf F: 48753B(2) W(54)Former northerner which would go close on its day. Might have lost some pace but it did enough last start to warrant inclusion.Longer Odds7 The Czar F: 0X799B(4) W(54)Sometimes the outsider in a small field can get up. Light weight is a bonus.
RemarksSmall field but one of the better of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 9.20Place1 2 $ 3.70Place2 4 $ 1.60Quinella 2:4 $ 9.80Trifecta 2:4:1 $ 111.70First4 2:4:1:6 $ 364.80Double 4/2 $ 38.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - NIGHTCAPS CONTRACTING & PGG WRIGHTSONTime: 1:32 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Sentient F: 22255B(7) W(60)( J- Leah Hemi )Last couple were only fair but its form prior was strong with three consecutive second placings. Looks set for this.Main Danger5 Sun Genes F: 38X82B(3) W(58)Was well-backed to win last start and only narrowly got pipped. Stronger for that effort and the 3kg off the back is a bonus.Next Best12 Regent Street F: 506X3B(11) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $2.70Improved effort for third last start and punters should expect something similar here. Nice weighted, just needs luck from the draw.Include in Multis15 Don't Be Cheeky F: 6830XB(15) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Blair-Edie )Has shown pace fresh in the past and there's enough money on to suggest it could here. Chance with a good run throughout.Longer Odds9 Fulltothebrim F: 05373B(13) W(56.5)( J- Jason Laking )( T- Bruce Laking )WonDividends : $12.60 $3.60Nothing wrong with that effort last start for third and it could add some value.
RemarksPlenty of value on offer in this wide-open race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 12.60Place1 9 $ 3.60Place2 4 $ 7.80Place3 12 $ 2.70Quinella 4:9 $ 264.10Trifecta 9:4:12 $ 5599.90First4 9:4:12:11 $ 1581.10Quaddie 1/4/2/9 $ 4355.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 9, 12, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - CP WOOL & MILNES TRANSPORT HANDICAPTime: 2:07 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Kerany F: X7521B(4) W(55.5)( T- Terry Kennedy )Comes into this off a win and it's another good ride for Johnson. Should be able to settle in a nice position and get a nice run in the straight.Main Danger1 Friar Tuck F: 23484B(8) W(59)( T- Barry Howden )Hasn't won for awhile now but gets that chance here. Gets weight off the back and recent form has been steady.Next Best9 Karm 'N' Easy F: 80024B(3) W(54)PlacedDividend : $2.0051kg on the back and it has been well backed throughout the week. Coming off two nice runs so consider here.Include in Multis6 Supatwista F: 01675B(5) W(54.5)( J- Rahul Beeharry )( T- Bruce Tapper )Has enough ability to take this field. Nice win four back and anything close to that sees it winning. Include for value.Longer Odds2 Flicka Of Gold F: 96399B(7) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $4.40Always the potential to cause an upset and although recent form is average, it could run well.
RemarksEven market with no clear favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 15.40Place1 5 $ 4.10Place2 9 $ 2.00Place3 2 $ 4.40Quinella 5:9 $ 30.60Trifecta 5:9:2 $ 896.80First4 5:9:2:1 $ 9772.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - AB LIME & SOUTHERNWIDE REAL ESTATETime: 2:42 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Buster Bolt F: 6X322B(3) W(58.5)( T- Sophie Price )Knocking on the door after three quality placings this campaign. Went close last start and we're not surprised to see money coming for it.Main Danger3 Tobilicious F: 8X85B(5) W(58.5)Much-improved run for fifth last start and there has been a move in the market. That's a good sign and punters are expecting more improvement.Next Best2 Ringbolt F: 97X29B(12) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $3.60Has shown glimpses of good form, including a placing two back. Gets 1kg off its back here and it could run well.Include in Multis9 The Fabulous Pearl F: 76B(2) W(56.5)( J- Brett Murray )Hasn't been too far away from the prize in two starts. Better for those efforts and it could cause an upset at double-figure odds.Longer Odds8 Tachibana F: 457X8B(14) W(56.5)( T- Jo-Anne Dalton )WonDividends : $15.60 $4.00Mixing its form but 3kg comes off the back. Worth including.
RemarksMost of the money at the top of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 15.60Place1 8 $ 4.00Place2 2 $ 3.60Place3 7 $ 3.50Quinella 2:8 $ 79.90Trifecta 8:2:7 $ 1424.90First4 8:2:7:6 $ 2328.30
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (1) Buster Bolt(3) TobiliciousR8 (3) Come Fly With Me(4) Ablaze (6) Lil Miss Swiss (9) Road To RedemptionR9 (1) Mac Murdoch(7) It's Pandemonium (8) Sweet TimeR10 (1) Beaufighter(3) Franconi (5) Eager Beaver (6) Madam De SoirQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - PRESTON RUSSELL LAW WAIRIO CUPTime: 3:17 | Distance: 2115m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Road To Redemption F: 3X221B(9) W(54)Comes into this off a strong win and it gets every chance with a light weight. Just needs to some early luck to find a nice position.Main Danger4 Ablaze F: 25972B(1) W(56)( J- Tina Comignaghi )Looks ready to win again after running a close second last start. Drawn ideally in barrier one and that's where the jockey is at her best.Next Best6 Lil Miss Swiss F: 71166B(6) W(55.5)WonDividends : $8.60 $2.60Produced back-to-back wins earlier this preparation. Nicely weighted to turn around a couple of moderate efforts.Include in Multis3 Come Fly With Me F: 04183B(3) W(59)( J- Amless Bohorun )( T- Stephen Blair-Edie )Impressive winner three back before struggling. Back to form when third last time out and that form could hold up well.Longer Odds5 Shantav F: 16307B(4) W(56)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- Barbara Verlinden )Always a chance in races like this and it could add some value.
RemarksBiggest race on the card and there's some nice types
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 8.60Place1 6 $ 2.60Place2 2 $ 4.20Place3 10 $ 2.70Quinella 2:6 $ 61.50Trifecta 6:2:10 $ 1386.10First4 6:2:10:5 $ 14179.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - AB LIME & ADVANCE AGRICULTURETime: 3:52 | Distance: 2115m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Mac Murdoch F: 40125B(3) W(60)( T- Jo-Anne Dalton )Needs some weight off its back and gets it. Good win three back and has backed that up with nice efforts. Right in this.Main Danger8 Sweet Time F: 06033B(4) W(55)( T- Maurice Forde )PlacedDividend : $2.20Impressive third placings coming into this and it gets the right weight to threaten. Nicely backed throughout the week so consider.Next Best7 It's Pandemonium F: 45450B(7) W(55)Not quite showing its best form but this class should suit. Johnson rides and he could be in for a good day.Include in Multis3 The Kraken F: 03106B(2) W(58)( J- Jacob Lowry )( T- Marion Stevenson )Has every chance to release in this field. Has recent winning form and the ability to turn around some poor recent efforts.Longer Odds5 Dante Fire F: 815X0B(11) W(56.5)( J- Tina Comignaghi )Needed the fresh up run and it could improve to run a drum here.
RemarksWide open field in the penultimate
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 36.10Place1 11 $ 7.20Place2 8 $ 2.20Place3 4 $ 2.50Quinella 8:11 $ 171.80Trifecta 11:8:4 $ 2188.50First4 11:8:4:2 $ 14090.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - TRANSPORT SERVICES & MAJESTIC FLOATSTime: 4:28 | Distance: 2115m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Franconi F: 86942B(7) W(57.5)( T- Gay Robinson )Much better run for second last start and that form should shine through here. Has been specked in the betting and that's a good sign.Main Danger1 Beaufighter F: 84267B(10) W(59)( J- Courtney Barnes )( T- Jim Curran )Mixing its form but has talent when right. Nice placing three back and anything close to that sees it run well again.Next Best5 Eager Beaver F: 52218B(6) W(56)PlacedDividend : $2.10Did the job nicely two back, which capped off some strong form. Didn't handle the rise in grade last start but allow another chance.Include in Multis6 Madam De Soir F: 87855B(2) W(56)( J- Kylie Williams )( T- John Phillips )Going well enough and just needs to find a length to show its best. Right in this with a good run throughout.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'9 Tai Ho F: 2X053B(10) W(55)( T- Ellis Winsloe )Nice run for third last start and it's worth including.
RemarksPlenty of each way value in the last
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 5.90Place1 12 $ 2.10Place2 2 $ 3.40Place3 5 $ 2.10Quinella 2:12 $ 36.70Trifecta 12:2:5 $ 367.30First4 12:2:5:4 $ 4034.10Double 11/12 $ 209.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%