Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - SHOE CLINIC MAIDENTime: 12:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Belle South F: 06242B(9) W(56.5)Huge when second last time at Cromwell and looks close to breaking maidensMain Danger7 Secret Dreams F: 68X23B(7) W(56.5)Both runs this prep have been very good and I expect a bold showing today.Next Best1 Trickle Treat F: X2334B(12) W(58.5)( T- Sally McKay )WonDividends : $4.90 $2.00Form has been great since entering the south. Firm track only concern.Include in Multis2 Renounce F: 30374B(8) W(58.5)( T- N & B Blatch )Going well enough and shouldn’t be far away today.Longer Odds3 Lord Zacford F: 546XB(6) W(58.5)( T- Robert Dennis )PlacedDividend : $3.80Showed promise in last prep. If fit enough won’t be far away.
RemarksFirst race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.90Place1 1 $ 2.00Place2 9 $ 2.70Place3 3 $ 3.80Quinella 1:9 $ 21.00Trifecta 1:9:3 $ 417.10First4 1:9:3:7 $ 2359.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - WORLD SOLAR HANDICAPTime: 1:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Jim's Gift F: 44X56B(7) W(57.5)( T- John Yeo )Showed that she was more than average last prep. Has struggled this time in but meets the right race to find her form.Main Danger7 Book Smart F: 417X4B(10) W(55.5)( T- Michael House )Decent run for fourth fresh up and no reason why she can’t run a race today.Next Best2 Friar Tuck F: 44X65B(2) W(59)( J- Amless Bohorun )( T- Barry Howden )PlacedDividend : $3.60Hasn’t set the world on fire this prep but capable and third up ready to show his best.Include in Multis3 Celtic Cross F: 230X7B(5) W(58)( T- Andrew Carston )Likely leader who will be fitter for the first up run. Can be hard to catch.Longer Odds11 Kerany F: 210X9B(9) W(55)Capable mare who needed fresh up run and can go close at odds.
RemarksMany chances here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 26.50Place1 12 $ 5.80Place2 2 $ 3.60Place3 8 $ 2.50Quinella 2:12 $ 104.60Trifecta 12:2:8 $ 2951.00First4 12:2:8:3 $ 7615.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 7, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - NIGEL ROBERTSON BUILDING HANDICAPTime: 1:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'9 Fascino Lass F: 2X239B(12) W(56.5)Good placings before a decent run in a higher grade during Cup week. Will run well today.Main Danger8 Hot Tap F: 80550B(4) W(56.5)( T- K & I Taplin )Good two back in Group 3 race at Riccarton. Wasn’t the worst of runs in 1000 Guineas and will appreciate the 65 grade.Next Best3 Full Fury F: 5X772B(7) W(59)Nice second last time and if he handles the firmer track won’t be far away.Include in Multis7 Juliette F: 68563B(1) W(57)PlacedDividend : $3.40Good when third last time and should run a good race today.Longer Odds5 Milano F: X9205B(3) W(58)Good second three back had excuses next run and was a touch unlucky last time. Odds runner
RemarksBit of a difficult race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 17.00Place1 4 $ 4.40Place2 7 $ 3.40Place3 11 $ 6.30Quinella 4:7 $ 65.30Trifecta 4:7:11 $ 1935.40First4 4:7:11:10 $ 19700.40Double 12/4 $ 140.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - INVERCARGILL LICENSING TRUST HANDICAPTime: 2:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Irish Excuse F: 23208B(3) W(60)( T- Ellis Winsloe )PlacedDividend : $3.10Form has tailed off slightly but last time was on a heavy track and suited by today’s conditions.Main Danger7 Upperhand F: 83333B(4) W(54)( T- Brian Court )Has been racing really well. Just missed last day Cup Carnival and looks well placed here.Next Best3 Darci Mac F: 20412B(5) W(56)Good winner two back. Good second at Cromwell and should run well again.Include in Multis2 Johnny Jones F: X9685B(2) W(56.5)Has been disappointing this prep but meets the right race to find his form.Longer Odds4 Shaara F: 75X67B(7) W(54.5)WonDividends : $10.50 $2.80Good last start without luck and can figure in the finish.
RemarksGood sprint race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 10.50Place1 4 $ 2.80Place2 1 $ 3.10Place3 8 $ 2.00Quinella 1:4 $ 69.30Trifecta 4:1:8 $ 702.40First4 4:1:8:3 $ 4032.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - ASM HANDICAPTime: 2:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Superstition F: X8162B(9) W(57)( T- N & B Blatch )Two good runs since winning maiden and looks hard to beat today.Main Danger1 Aulyn Star F: X7365B(7) W(59)Has been racing very well without winning. Good two back during the Cup Carnival. Was good last time and should go close today.Next Best5 Pableau F: 7X562B(1) W(58.5)( T- Andrea Dickson )PlacedDividend : $1.80Good second here last time but never raced on anyth8ng better than SlowInclude in Multis7 Olaf F: 50424B(5) W(57)( T- Sally McKay )WonDividends : $12.00 $3.00Has been going well on wetter tracks. Can run well today.Longer Odds4 Our Boy Ritchie F: 30461B(4) W(58.5)Win maiden well and if he handles the firmer track might be a chance.
RemarksSmall field in race 5
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 12.00Place1 7 $ 3.00Place2 5 $ 1.80Place3 3 $ 2.00Quinella 5:7 $ 28.90Trifecta 7:5:3 $ 336.40First4 7:5:3:8 $ 4597.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - AWS LEGAL SOUTHLAND CRYSTALSTime: 3:19 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'5 Sitarist F: 04132B(7) W(56)Honest mare in great form. Good second at Cromwell and looks hard to beat todayMain Danger1 Come Fly With Me F: 4X102B(5) W(60)( J- Amless Bohorun )( T- Stephen Blair-Edie )WonDividends : $6.40 $3.10Likely leader who was good at Gore. Can be hard to catch on her day.Next Best3 Shakti F: 04X91B(1) W(60)Won fairly well at Riverton. Suited by the distance.Include in Multis6 Riviera Rock F: 37641B(2) W(54)( T- G & M Eade )PlacedDividend : $1.60Won nicely during Cup week. Capable of running a race todayLonger Odds2 Lochan Ora F: 41064B(3) W(60)Been racing fairly well. Good run for fourth at Cromwell and seems to be handling the firmer tracks.
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 6.40Place1 1 $ 3.10Place2 6 $ 1.60Quinella 1:6 $ 6.40Trifecta 1:6:3 $ 69.60First4 1:6:3:2 $ 292.30Treble 4/7/1 $ 896.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (5) SitaristR7 (2) Nazare(7) Marquita MissR8 (3) Kilowatt(7) Hoofbeat (9) Picture Me Rollin (10) Bakela (11) ZabayR9 (2) The Growler(5) Nopele (6) The Sparkle (13) Stella DazeQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - BELLEW & COMPANY @ HARCOURTS HANDICAPTime: 3:53 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Nazare F: 71X05B(2) W(58.5)( T- Joanne Hillis )Got home very strong at Riccarton. Now third up only concern is the inside draw.Main Danger7 Marquita Miss F: 58X13B(6) W(57)Won very nicely on Southern debut. Very good third at Riccarton during Cup week and will go close today.Next Best9 Havana Heights F: 02017B(1) W(56)PlacedDividend : $3.30Won maiden well here. Ran well at Riccarton and looks a nice race for her.Include in Multis1 All Black Magic F: 72245B(7) W(60)Been very honest all prep. Has been only fair last two but comes in well at the weights.Longer Odds10 Fox In Socks F: 597X3B(9) W(55)( T- Anna Hewitson )Made good ground fresh up and will only be fitter for the run
RemarksMany winning chances in this leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 8.90Place1 4 $ 3.20Place2 9 $ 3.30Place3 11 $ 4.70Quinella 4:9 $ 56.10Trifecta 4:9:11 $ 1576.80First4 4:9:11:2 $ 5832.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 7, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - THE EDGE HANDICAPTime: 4:29 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Kilowatt F: 343X3B(3) W(60.5)PlacedDividend : $2.30Honest galloper who was in great form last prep. Returned over 1200 and ran home very strongly. Looks well placed second up.Main Danger9 Picture Me Rollin F: 4X172B(8) W(55.5)WonDividends : $4.90 $1.80Won nicely fresh. Got too far back at Wingatui and got home well at Riccarton. Chance today.Next Best7 Hoofbeat F: 128X5B(11) W(56.5)Got held up at Cromwell over 1200. Second up and extra distance suits.Include in Multis10 Bakela F: 27517B(9) W(55.5)Good winner at Wingatui. Struggled at Riccarton but may go forward today.Longer Odds11 Zabay F: X5503B(2) W(55)( T- B & S Anderton )Stakes placed mare who went a good race at Cromwell. Looks to run a good race here.
RemarksVery tough race with many winning chances
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 4.90Place1 9 $ 1.80Place2 3 $ 2.30Place3 12 $ 2.90Quinella 3:9 $ 9.20Trifecta 9:3:12 $ 235.80First4 9:3:12:6 $ 2549.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 7, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - TIM YEO CONTRACTING HANDICAPTime: 5:09 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 The Sparkle F: 77X10B(9) W(58.5)( T- Robert Dennis )Won very smartly fresh up. No luck in Valachi Breeders and looks a good winning chance in the last.Main Danger13 Stella Daze F: 41246B(6) W(56)( J- Rahul Beeharry )( T- Nicky Lloyd )PlacedDividend : $5.50Has been in excellent form all prep. Great second at Riccarton during Cup week. Didn’t get all favours last time but capable of running a race.Next Best2 The Growler F: 43101B(11) W(60)Won well over 1600 during Cup week. Looks better suited to 1600 rather than 1400Include in Multis1 The Precious One F: 69X60B(4) W(60.5)( T- Claire Anderton )PlacedDividend : $2.10Been racing disappointing this prep but too good of a mare to rule out today.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'5 Nopele F: 0X167B(2) W(59.5)Easy winner fresh up. Both runs since have been good from back and if he gets a luck free trip can run a race at odds.
RemarksFinal race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 8.90Place1 12 $ 2.60Place2 13 $ 5.50Place3 1 $ 2.10Quinella 12:13 $ 85.40Trifecta 12:13:1 $ 998.10First4 12:13:1:3 $ 6375.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%