Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - MCCALLUMS GROUP HANDICAPTime: 12:55 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Hazelnut F: 83133B(1) W(57.5)( J- Kin Kwo )PlacedDividend : $1.50Solid efforts its last couple and it scored nicely prior to that. Gets the inside draw and 3kg coming off its back. Tough to beat.Main Danger1 Bluey's Chance F: 72445B(6) W(59)( J- Akshay Balloo )( T- Kenny Moore )WonDividends : $5.30 $2.40Battling efforts of late but it should improve in this grade. Each-way odds on offer for punters, so it's worth including.Next Best5 Times Time F: 66754B(3) W(55.5)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )Improving recent runs and dropping to 53.5kg is ideal. Doesn't need to improve too much to take this out.Include in Multis8 Tickets On Her F: 54878B(4) W(54)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Maurice Forde )Drops down to 52kg and it's worth considering at that weight. Better than its recent form suggests, so include for value.Longer Odds7 Promising F: 28326B(2) W(54)Showed promise early on and could return to that form.
RemarksSmall field to open the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.30Place1 1 $ 2.40Place2 2 $ 1.50Quinella 1:2 $ 6.20Trifecta 1:2:5 $ 42.30First4 1:2:5:8 $ 164.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - CENTRAL SOUTHLAND FREIGHT MAIDENTime: 1:30 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'13 Rockin Robin F: X600XB(6) W(56)( T- Robert Dennis )WonDividends : $3.70 $1.60Looked handy at times in the north and that form should stack up well here. Money coming for it and we're not surprised by that.Main Danger8 The Ace F: 7XB(7) W(58)( T- Robert Dennis )PlacedDividend : $2.00Didn't fire on debut but has been given time to mature. Betting suggests that it has come back a much stronger type, so include in selections.Next Best1 I'm A Tiger F: 48B(4) W(58.5)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Claire Anderton )Fair effort on debut when fourth and getting a claimer in the saddle helps. Shouldn't be too far away from them.Include in Multis2 Up My Sleeve F: 95585B(2) W(58.5)( T- Andrea Dickson )Doesn't need to improve too much to figure in the finish. Draws well and it could add some value to selections.Longer Odds12 The Fabulous Pearl F: 767XB(5) W(56.5)( T- Kara Dickson )PlacedDividend : $3.70In-form jockey rides and that usually results in something positive.
RemarksPlenty of value on offer throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 3.70Place1 13 $ 1.60Place2 12 $ 3.70Place3 8 $ 2.00Quinella 12:13 $ 21.40Trifecta 13:12:8 $ 187.30First4 13:12:8:2 $ 776.90Double 1/13+ $ 21.90Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 8, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - SOUTH PORT MAIDENTime: 2:05 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Aristotle F: 20731B(1) W(60.5)( T- Andrew Carston )PlacedDividend : $1.10Won easily on the first day and there's little wrong with that form. Claimer rides and every little bit helps. Top chance.Main Danger5 Buck Shellfish F: 27400B(7) W(58)( T- Sabin Kirkland )Hard to comprehend its last couple of runs. It's much better than that and we're prepared to give it another chance.Next Best7 Rosie Mae F: 55385B(4) W(56.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Jo-Ann Gordon )WonDividends : $8.20 $2.00Just needs a touch of confidence to get back to winning form. Nicely weighted and every chance of creating a minor upset.Include in Multis4 Picture This F: 96576B(3) W(58.5)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- Steven Prince )Another runner that just needs to find some confidence. Owns the ability to win at this level, so give it one more chance.Longer Odds6 Belle South F: 28790B(8) W(56.5)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Jo-Anne Dalton )Owns upset claims.
RemarksPlenty of talented types running here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 8.20Place1 7 $ 2.00Place2 2 $ 1.10Place3 1 $ 3.50Quinella 2:7 $ 7.20Trifecta 7:2:1 $ 183.90First4 7:2:1:4 $ 889.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - MEDITERRANEAN SHIPPING CO. HANDICAPTime: 2:40 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Bakela F: 76379B(2) W(54.5)WonDividends : $3.70 $1.50Much better than what it showed last start. Has more ability than most here and with 54.5kg on its back, that brings it right into contention.Main Danger4 Fly Without Wings F: 15142B(9) W(54.5)( J- Amless Bohorun )( T- Stephen Blair-Edie )Going well at the moment with two wins and a placing from its last five starts. Gets down to 51.5kg and that's an extremely light weight.Next Best1 The Bumper F: 30354B(5) W(60)( J- Kin Kwo )3kg comes off its back, which is needed. Still gives away weight to the favoured runners but it should be included. Always a chance.Include in Multis2 What's Up Alf F: 02728B(6) W(57)( J- Leah Hemi )PlacedDividend : $3.00Mixing its form but has the talent on its day. Handy placing two back and it shouldn't be far away.Longer Odds7 Taponisme F: 09660B(4) W(54)( T- K & I Taplin )Expecting a return to form sooner rather than later.
RemarksOne of the better fields of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.70Place1 3 $ 1.50Place2 6 $ 2.60Place3 2 $ 3.00Quinella 3:6 $ 20.70Trifecta 3:6:2 $ 291.90First4 3:6:2:4 $ 712.90Double 7/3 $ 23.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - MCKNIGHT & BROWN MAIDENTime: 3:15 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Port Stephens F: 58324B(10) W(58.5)( T- Sally McKay )Slowly working its way towards a win. Two placings from its last three starts and it only needs to cope with the wide draw.Main Danger7 Raise Ya Cards F: 55263B(6) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Going well enough to score an overdue win. Has looked likely on more than one occasion and it has each-way claims.Next Best11 Magical Mystery F: 76073B(9) W(56.5)( J- Courtney Barnes )( T- Paul Harris )Much better effort when third last start and that confidence will do it plenty of good. Steady in the betting and it's worth sticking with.Include in Multis8 Jandles F: X0730B(7) W(56.5)WonDividends : $6.60 $2.30Form has flip flopped this season, but having Johnson in the saddle helps. Good enough to take this out.Longer Odds3 My Cashier F: 74620B(12) W(58.5)( T- G & M Eade )Owns rebound claims at odds.
RemarksIt's an open maiden contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 6.60Place1 8 $ 2.30Place2 7 $ 1.50Place3 10 $ 5.60Quinella 7:8 $ 13.30Trifecta 8:7:10 $ 591.20First4 8:7:10:3 $ 3104.70
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Port Stephens(7) Raise Ya Cards (11) Magical MysteryR6 (5) Scandalous(10) LarippaR7 (1) Index(2) Love To DreamR8 (2) Milano(5) City Slicker (13) Fox In SocksQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 7, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - ILT FOUNDATION HANDICAPTime: 3:50 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Larippa F: 9X873B(12) W(55)Indicated last start that a win isn't far away. Handy third placing and it looks ready to strike with the light weight.Main Danger5 Scandalous F: 63213B(10) W(56.5)( T- Steven Prince )PlacedDividend : $1.60In good form with a win and three placings from its last four starts. Gets every chance of winning again and money has come for it.Next Best2 Colour Me Red F: 02955B(11) W(57)( T- G & M Eade )Mixing its form of late but it's a past winner at this track and that helps. Just needs to cope with the wide draw.Include in Multis3 Perfecto F: 00505B(6) W(57)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )( T- Anna Hewitson )Broke maiden grades on this track and it just needs to find a length or two to win again. Good enough to include at value odds.Longer Odds4 Bridget Town F: 76860B(2) W(56.5)( J- Rahul Beeharry )( T- Thelma Foley )PlacedDividend : $4.00Chance to run well at odds.
RemarksGood betting moves in this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 19.40Place1 6 $ 5.50Place2 4 $ 4.00Place3 5 $ 1.60Quinella 4:6 $ 158.80Trifecta 6:4:5 $ 1247.10First4 6:4:5:13 $ 3155.60Double 8/6 $ 204.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES MAIDEN RACETime: 4:33 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Love To Dream F: 64241B(11) W(59.5)( T- Sally McKay )PlacedDividend : $1.60Comes into this with a win under the belt. Winning form is usually best and that could show up here. Wide draw the only concern.Main Danger1 Index F: 3X922B(3) W(57.5)Back-to-back second placings coming into this. Gets every chance from the draw and plenty of money has come for it. Good win hope.Next Best3 Reliable Belle F: 8X250B(6) W(57.5)WonDividends : $6.50 $1.90Didn't fire last start but a maiden win shouldn't be too far off. Drawn to get a comfortable run in behind the speed. Chance.Include in Multis11 Fairway Flight F: X0X23B(8) W(57)( J- Courtney Barnes )( T- Leda Beck )PlacedDividend : $2.10Back-to-back placings coming into this race. Running well enough to win and punters are getting top value.Longer Odds5 Sugar For My Honey F: 58B(1) W(57.5)( J- Amless Bohorun )( T- Stephen Blair-Edie )Gets the inside draw and a claimer riding. Include at big odds.
RemarksMost of the monet at the top of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 6.50Place1 3 $ 1.90Place2 2 $ 1.60Place3 11 $ 2.10Quinella 2:3 $ 11.90Trifecta 3:2:11 $ 163.90First4 3:2:11:4 $ 1427.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - SEE YOU AT ILT PUB PUNT DAY MARCH 29Time: 5:08 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 City Slicker F: 17X4XB(10) W(57.5)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )PlacedDividend : $2.20Owns ability and was given only the one start last campaign. Should be better for the spell and it could return in fine form.Main Danger13 Fox In Socks F: 30844B(8) W(55.5)( T- Anna Hewitson )Running better than its form would suggest. Nicely weighted runner that has been smashed in betting. Watch for further moves.Next Best2 Milano F: 56167B(7) W(59)( T- Jo-Anne Dalton )PlacedDividend : $1.80Did the job nicely three starts back and although average since, it shouldn't find this overly hard. Worth including.Include in Multis1 Gelibolu F: 08X10B(3) W(59)( T- Andrea Dickson )WonDividends : $14.90 $3.60Impressive fresh up win before struggling last start. Could bounce back and run well at nice odds.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'6 Garment F: 39160B(12) W(57.5)( J- Zubair Bholah )( T- Maurice Forde )The claim helps so stick with it. Upset danger.
RemarksTalented field in the last
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 14.90Place1 1 $ 3.60Place2 5 $ 2.20Place3 2 $ 1.80Quinella 1:5 $ 42.50Trifecta 1:5:2 $ 391.90First4 1:5:2:11 $ 5312.50Double 3/1 $ 80.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%