Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - COUPLAND'S BAKERIES HANDICAP 72 1400Time: 12:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Meara Mary F: 51187B(5) W(57.5)WonDividends : $2.90 $1.80Honest mare who won two in a row. Since raced in Valachi Breeders then was ok at Wellington. Drops back to an easier race and can take out the first.Main Danger5 Sharp 'N' Silver F: 87141B(3) W(56.5)( J- Kylie Williams )Has won two of her last three. Good winning at Cromwell and she is in great form.Next Best6 Tee Cee Coup F: 15X30B(6) W(56)Good fresh up didn’t back up at Riccarton Cup Carnival. Has raced since but can run very well.Include in Multis1 Hee's Our Secret F: 43701B(7) W(59)PlacedDividend : $2.40Looked well placed to win last time over this trip. Usually gets back but went forward that day. Interesting runner.Longer Odds7 Where Angels Walk F: X8015B(1) W(56)( T- Centaine Spittles )Good winning two starts back. Wasn’t bad last time and could run well at odds.
RemarksSmall field to start the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 2.90Place1 3 $ 1.80Place2 1 $ 2.40Quinella 1:3 $ 8.90Trifecta 3:1:6 $ 38.40First4 3:1:6:2 $ 167.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - BENMORE MERINOS HANDICAP 3&4YO 1800Time: 12:37 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 El Bee Jack F: X4114B(2) W(60)( T- Russell McKay )WonDividends : $1.90 $1.10Looks the class horse in the race after winning during Cup week. Decent run last time only concern is the weight.Main Danger4 Thunder Bay F: 80X61B(8) W(56)Very good winning two days ago at Timaru if she backs up she will run very well.Next Best2 Highly Unlikely F: X0820B(7) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.20Good second two back disappointing on Boxing Day but back on a firm track.Include in Multis5 Chitter Chat F: 08720B(4) W(54)( J- Rahul Beeharry )( T- Bruce Tapper )Good second two starts back. Only fair last time but comes in with no weight.Longer Odds9 Matuki F: 78B(3) W(54)( T- Neill Ridley )Made ok ground last time to the races and could be the odds runner
RemarksLooks only two winning chances
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 1.90Place1 1 $ 1.10Place2 2 $ 1.20Place3 8 $ 2.70Quinella 1:2 $ 2.50Trifecta 1:2:8 $ 25.20First4 1:2:8:9 $ 90.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - RURAL TRANSPORT HANDICAP 65 1800Time: 1:12 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Golden Valkyrie F: 49563B(4) W(57.5)( T- Nicky Lloyd )PlacedDividend : $1.80Been racing very well without winning. Top run at Dunedin and suited by the top back in grade.Main Danger4 Prince Of Brooks F: 375X7B(8) W(58)( J- Jacob Lowry )( T- Terry Kennedy )PlacedDividend : $2.20Returned from Australia with a nice fresh up run. The step up in distance suits and can figure in the finish.Next Best7 Sister Monica F: 66X10B(7) W(56.5)WonDividends : $8.80 $2.30Good winner fresh up. Ordinary off a wide run last time but can run well here.Include in Multis10 Miss Tanira F: 66308B(5) W(55)( T- Bruce Tapper )Trainer expected her to win at Timaru. Good third three back. Not the worstLonger Odds6 Field Of Fire F: 4X036B(2) W(57)( T- Craig Graham )Very good third two starts ago and looks the odds runner.
RemarksLooks an even affair
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 8.80Place1 7 $ 2.30Place2 5 $ 1.80Place3 4 $ 2.20Quinella 5:7 $ 25.00Trifecta 7:5:4 $ 208.00First4 7:5:4:11 $ 1484.90Double 1+/7 $ 9.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - COMMODORE HOTEL HANDICAP 65 1200Time: 1:47 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Solomon F: 9X524B(6) W(60)( J- Jacob Lowry )All three runs have been very good since entering the South Island. Solid second at Cromwell and will take some beating here.Main Danger6 Swiss Eire F: 0310XB(3) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $4.50Fresh up and was a winner two starts ago. Trialed to prepare and looks a decent hope today.Next Best12 Starmaker F: 7X902B(4) W(55)( T- Steven Woodsford )Much better when second at Riccarton May have returned to her best form.Include in Multis13 Alonzo F:B(13)Dead heat winner two back. Decent third at Timaru and a chance if he backs up.Longer Odds3 He's Mi Brother F: 8X845B(7) W(59.5)( T- Stephen Blair-Edie )PlacedDividend : $3.90Has run two nice races last couple and could surprise at odds.
RemarksVery even sprint field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 10.80Place1 7 $ 2.80Place2 3 $ 3.90Place3 6 $ 4.50Quinella 3:7 $ 90.30Trifecta 7:3:6 $ 1609.00First4 - $ 0.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - MARYBURN POLLED MERINO STUD MDN 1200Time: 2:22 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Hombre F: 4252XB(5) W(58.5)Was very consistent without winning last prep. Did things wrong which cost him. If he returned a more professional racehorse won’t take long to break maidens.Main Danger8 Xplosion F: X3535B(1) W(55)( T- Jamie Richards )Stayed down from Cup Carnival team where she ran four good races. Should get a soft run from barrier one.Next Best9 Crop F: 0427B(8) W(55)( T- Neil Coulbeck )PlacedDividend : $1.50Disappointing last start after a good second two back. Will have improved from the run.Include in Multis4 Ophelia Rose F: 24X93B(4) W(56.5)( T- Stephanie Clark )PlacedDividend : $2.10Nice run last time at Dunedin and should be ready to show her best.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'5 Dancing Choux F:B(6) W(56.5)( J- Julia Anderson )( T- Steven Woodsford )Both trial wins were good and looks a hope on debut.
RemarksFirst of two maiden 1200 on the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 2.60Place1 3 $ 3.40Place2 9 $ 1.50Place3 4 $ 2.10Quinella 3:9 $ 32.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - MCKEOWN PETROLEUM MDN 1200Time: 2:57 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Dublin Rose F: 8X433B(5) W(56.5)( T- Jamie Richards )Another Te Akau runner who stayed down from Cup Carnival. Very good run last start with two nice runs prior. Trialed since and a looks well placed.Main Danger5 Our Girl Gilly F: 5503B(6) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.40Huge third last start after a disappointing performance. Looks a good hope today.Next Best13 Quintuple Twins F: 6X030B(2) W(56.5)WonDividends : $5.50 $1.60Only fair off a wide run last time. Huge the time before and a chance off thatInclude in Multis1 Sligo F: 0X384B(10) W(58.5)( T- Neill Ridley )Never goes a bad one. Nice fourth last start and he won’t be far away.Longer Odds9 Phyllite F: 56B(1) W(55)( T- B & S Anderton )PlacedDividend : $2.40Both runs have had merit and can surprise at odds.
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 5.50Place1 13 $ 1.60Place2 9 $ 2.40Place3 5 $ 1.40Quinella 9:13 $ 30.60Trifecta 13:9:5 $ 141.00First4 13:9:5:4 $ 292.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (4) Dublin Rose(5) Our Girl Gilly (13) Quintuple TwinsR7 (1) Blair Flight(2) Noah (7) Qwerty (11) ZipitsweetieR8 (3) El Bee Darci(5) Xcuses XcusesR9 (2) I Am A Rock(3) Liam (4) DeviousQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 9, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - COCHRANES FARM MACHINERY MDN 1400Time: 3:32 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'11 Zipitsweetie F:B(4) W(55)Very good trial winner and that trial has been good race day form. Chance on debut if she does things right.Main Danger1 Blair Flight F: 0X203B(8) W(58.5)( J- Jason Laking )( T- Ross Beckett )Good when second fresh up and was good again last start. Looks a good chance in thisNext Best2 Noah F: 4X743B(1) W(58.5)( T- Cheri Trembath )PlacedDividend : $1.80Has improved every run this prep. Good two back and was caught late last time to the races. Got the right draw.Include in Multis7 Qwerty F: 5X493B(7) W(56.5)( J- Courtney Barnes )( T- Centaine Spittles )Very good three back during Cup week nearly won last time as our best roughie and looks another chance.Longer Odds8 Recommended Flight F: 2X405B(5) W(56.5)( T- Ross Beckett )PlacedDividend : $3.30Has been racing well enough this prep. Nice effort last time and can run well at odds.
RemarksMany chances in this leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 9.90Place1 9 $ 3.10Place2 2 $ 1.80Place3 8 $ 3.30Quinella 2:9 $ 19.40Trifecta 9:2:8 $ 356.00First4 9:2:8:1 $ 1119.50Double 13/9 $ 100.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 7, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - PGG WRIGHTSON KUROW CUP OPEN 1400Time: 4:08 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 El Bee Darci F: 09241B(5) W(57.5)( T- Russell McKay )PlacedDividend : $2.00Very good winning at Cromwell last start. Form prior good and looks hard to beatMain Danger5 Xcuses Xcuses F: 50232B(8) W(54)WonDividends : $4.20 $1.70In good form placing in her last three. Third behind El Bee Darci and chased Ticket To Ride last time. Chance here.Next Best1 Disturbance F: X5003B(3) W(60)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Kennedy/Furlong )Much better last time when third. Will still need to improve off that but looks well placed for a good performance.Include in Multis7 Veladero F: X9615B(6) W(54)Won well during Cup week over 1600. Raced last day Riccarton. Freshened since and distance is the concern.Longer Odds8 Waimate Bill F: X3953B(7) W(54)( J- Amless Bohorun )( T- Stephen Blair-Edie )PlacedDividend : $2.40Good run when third two days ago. Will run a race at odds.
RemarksKurow Cup is the feature on the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.20Place1 5 $ 1.70Place2 3 $ 2.00Place3 8 $ 2.40Quinella 3:5 $ 7.90Trifecta 5:3:8 $ 106.80First4 5:3:8:7 $ 511.10Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - COUPLANDS WORKING DOG HANDICAP 65 1400Time: 4:41 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 I Am A Rock F: 23682B(7) W(59.5)( J- Jason Laking )WonDividends : $4.50 $1.80Huge run at Ashburton just missed on winning. Has been racing very well and should be hard to beat in the last.Main Danger4 Devious F: X9304B(5) W(58)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Kennedy/Furlong )Good run making very nice ground late At Ashburton. Seems to be racing better and will run well.Next Best3 Liam F: 10826B(12) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.20Good run two starts back. Nice effort during cup week. Hasn’t raced since and that’s the concern.Include in Multis1 Final Savings F: 10557B(4) W(60)Performances have beeen better than the form reads. Dropping back in grade from some of those runs and can go well here.Longer Odds7 Zah Wanted F: X8373B(6) W(57)Good run last start at Ashburton and off that performance will run a very good race today.
RemarksGood race to end the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.50Place1 2 $ 1.80Place2 6 $ 3.90Place3 3 $ 2.20Quinella 2:6 $ 35.50Trifecta 2:6:3 $ 251.10First4 2:6:3:4 $ 2051.00Double 5+/2+ $ 12.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%