Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - ELECTRO NET SERVICES LTD MAIDENTime: 1:27 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Danny Green F: X4022B(1) W(58.5)( T- Danny Crozier )Deserves to break through soon after going close at its last two starts. Doesn't need to improve to beat this field so keep it safe.Main Danger3 Pondering F: X0442B(2) W(58.5)Put the writing on the wall when second last time out. Heading in the right direction and we're expecting another tidy effort.Next Best4 Secret Runner F: 66532B(9) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.90Needs a bit of luck from the draw but has time to find cover. Gets a valuable 2kg off its back and every little bit helps at this level.Include in Multis8 Eagle Fifty F: 7X6X4B(7) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.30Sparingly-raced type that did enough fresh up. Could offer punters with some value in what should be a close run race.Longer Odds11 Houbouchoux F: 0X307B(8) W(56.5)( J- Sanu Toolooa )( T- Alan Browne )Could run a big race at big odds.
RemarksHuge betting field in the opening race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 10.40Place1 5 $ 2.90Place2 4 $ 1.90Place3 8 $ 2.30Quinella 4:5 $ 21.40Trifecta 5:4:8 $ 343.90First4 5:4:8:3 $ 1367.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - TASMAN AGRICULTURETime: 2:02 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Highly Unlikely F: 08202B(8) W(55)PlacedDividend : $1.60Has only one win from 21 starts but that could be doubled here. Meets an even field and a confident jockey takes the ride. Just needs a good ride from out wide.Main Danger6 Thunder Bay F: 80X61B(2) W(54)Hit top gear when scoring nicely last start. Rises in grade but stays down in the weights at 52kg. That brings it right into contention.Next Best3 Vee Twelve F: 86625B(6) W(56)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )( T- Jackie Burrows )PlacedDividend : $2.00Consistent type which could add some value to this race. Shouldn't be far away.Include in Multis7 Katiem Marie F: 95433B(7) W(54)WonDividends : $3.00 $1.20Has been the victim of some fairly average rides of late. Gets too far back in the run and perhaps being positive would help. Chance if that happens.Longer Odds10 Our Boy Baz F: 75604B(3) W(54)( T- K & A Tyler )51kg on the back and this race is there for the taking.
RemarksVery even market with no clear favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.00Place1 7 $ 1.20Place2 3 $ 2.00Place3 4 $ 1.60Quinella 3:7 $ 9.10Trifecta 7:3:4 $ 40.10First4 7:3:4:10 $ 174.80Double 5/7+ $ 26.40Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - VERNON & VAZEY MAIDENTime: 2:37 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Shanlane F: X00X1B(3) W(58.5)Scored nicely last week and that's going to bode well for this race. Every chance of continuing its form against this field.Main Danger8 Where's The Gold F: 7580XB(1) W(55)Has been taking on some tough opposition and this is a solid drop in class. Gets the inside draw, good rider and a nice weight.Next Best7 Bright Flash F: 0043B(4) W(55)( T- Steven Woodsford )PlacedDividend : $2.00Needed a couple of runs to warm up. Much better its last couple and it gets a much-needed 3kg off its back. Chance on that.Include in Multis4 Firmament F: 0XB(2) W(56.5)WonDividends : $7.60 $3.30Showed nothing on debut at Pukekohe. Has come south in search of something easier and gets it. Watch the tote.Longer Odds1 Are You Cereal F: 49B(6) W(58.5)( J- Lee Callaway )( T- Jackie Burrows )Could provide punters with some value.
RemarksInteresting maiden which includes a race winner
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 7.60Place1 4 $ 3.30Place2 7 $ 2.00Quinella 4:7 $ 13.60Trifecta 4:7:8 $ 81.60First4 4:7:8:1 $ 446.10Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - GREG DALY REAL ESTATETime: 3:12 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Promising F: 62472B(8) W(57.5)( T- K & A Tyler )Two second placings from its last four starts. Looked good last time out and it gets 3kg coming off its back here. Should go close with some luck in running.Main Danger1 Bruzo F: 0X595B(4) W(59)Needs a confidence boost but that could come here. Wasn't too far behind them last start and the claim helps.Next Best4 Wynmoore F: 0X034B(7) W(56.5)( J- Akshay Balloo )( T- Kenny Moore )Much better efforts recently after showing nothing either side of a spell. Looks ready to win and it's another strong win chance.Include in Multis6 Starmaker F: X9029B(1) W(55)( T- Steven Woodsford )Needs to forget about its most recent effort. Second placing prior was better and there is plenty of money placed on here. Chance.Longer Odds2 Way Above F: 07888B(2) W(58)Could improve with recent racing under the belt.
RemarksNothing covered the market top to bottom
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 10.00Place1 8 $ 2.80Place2 5 $ 1.60Place3 7 $ 3.10Quinella 5:8 $ 23.40Trifecta 8:5:7 $ 492.60First4 8:5:7:4 $ 5116.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - BIRCHFIELD COAL MINESTime: 3:47 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Sharp 'N' Silver F: 71416B(2) W(55.5)( J- Kylie Williams )WonDividends : $5.90 $2.10A touch disappointing last time out but form prior was good. That included two wins from three starts and it runs at value odds.Main Danger1 Meara Mary F: 11871B(4) W(59)Defied them last start and that's a good form guide coming into this. Gets a 2kg claimer in the saddle and most of the money has come for it.Next Best5 Solomon F: X5245B(5) W(56.5)( J- Jason Laking )( T- John Blackadder )Yet to win from four starts this time in but it has been close enough. Certainly good enough to take this opposition.Include in Multis2 Bluey's Chance F: 86207B(1) W(58.5)( J- Akshay Balloo )( T- Kenny Moore )PlacedDividend : $3.10Mixing its form this time in but it has plenty of upside. Paying nice odds so include.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'7 Touch The Sky F: 46010B(3) W(55.5)( T- Ashley Frye )Won two back and it could get back to that form. Bounce back opportunity.
RemarksMany nice types in the quaddie opener
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 5.90Place1 6 $ 2.10Place2 2 $ 3.10Quinella 2:6 $ 17.00Trifecta 6:2:7 $ 147.20First4 6:2:7:1 $ 308.70Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Meara Mary(2) Bluey's Chance (5) Solomon (6) Sharp 'N' SilverR6 (4) Expressive(9) Our Rosette (16) ShanlaneR7 (2) Ticket To Ride(4) Xcuses Xcuses (7) Torre Del GrecoR8 (2) Shanpark(3) Swiss Eire (8) Running ManQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - ARCHMORE CONTRACTORS & FAHEY CONTRACTING MAIDENTime: 4:27 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Our Rosette F: 60032B(3) W(55)Should have won by now but gets a good chance to break through here. Narrowly beaten as the fav last start and the odds are shorter here. Should be tough to beat.Main Danger16 Shanlane F:B(16)Comes into this after scoring nicely last Sunday. Turned around some fairly average form in doing so. Stick with it.Next Best4 Expressive F: X7894B(9) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Better effort for fourth last time out. Needs to start producing the efforts expected of it. That could come here.Include in Multis10 Top Ghia F: 55B(8) W(55)( T- Paul Harris )WonDividends : $7.20 $1.80Yet to run worse than fifth from two race day starts. Has improvement to come and it gets a claimer riding. Could score an upset.Longer Odds2 Te Mokopuna F: 50X03B(6) W(56.5)( T- Suzanne McCarty )Last-start third placing and it could run well at odds.
RemarksThis is an interesting maiden race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 7.20Place1 10 $ 1.80Place2 7 $ 4.50Place3 4 $ 1.70Quinella 7:10 $ 119.80Trifecta 10:7:4 $ 967.40First4 10:7:4:2 $ 6361.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 9, 10, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - WILD BUCK' NZ ALE/IKAMATUA HOTEL REEFTON CUPTime: 5:02 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 Xcuses Xcuses F: 02321B(3) W(56.5)( T- John Blackadder )No need for excuses last start. Did the job nicely and Chris Johnson takes the ride. Drawn well to figure in the finish.Main Danger7 Torre Del Greco F: 81109B(7) W(54)WonDividends : $6.10 $2.00Back-to-back wins recorded earlier this season. Has done nothing since but it has been primed for a good run here.Next Best2 Ticket To Ride F: 61817B(6) W(59)( J- Kylie Williams )PlacedDividend : $1.80Not the most consistent runner doing the circuit. Impressive win two back and could bounce back to win here.Include in Multis3 Darci Mac F: 04124B(8) W(59)( J- Jason Laking )( T- L & R Didham )Last four runs have all been good enough to win this. Needs some luck from the draw but should get it. Won't be far away.Longer Odds1 He's Gold F: 1X065B(2) W(60)( J- Brandon Morgenrood )( T- Champion/Murphy )Getting closer with every run. Could improve nicely and take this out.
RemarksNumerous winning chances in the Cup
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 6.10Place1 7 $ 2.00Place2 2 $ 1.80Place3 8 $ 3.70Quinella 2:7 $ 13.80Trifecta 7:2:8 $ 303.20First4 7:2:8:1 $ 1551.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - REEFTON CRANE & CONSTRUCTIONTime: 5:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Swiss Eire F: 310X3B(2) W(58.5)Handy effort to run third last time out. Usually finds form quickly and it has a good claimer in the saddle. Best-backed to win.Main Danger8 Running Man F: 0X575B(4) W(56)Not too far away in three runs this campaign. Is better than advertised but does need to put it all together now.Next Best2 Shanpark F: 47440B(3) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.10Didn't produce much last start but form prior was good. Has only one win from 10 starts but it could go well here.Include in Multis5 Our Prom King F: X5861B(6) W(59)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Rae/Williams-Tuhoro )Turned its form around to score nicely. Gets 2kg off its back and that could be enough to see it continue winning.Longer Odds10 Viva La Blues F: 69680B(9) W(54)( T- Danny Crozier )Capable on its day and Johnson rides.
RemarksMost of the money at the top of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 15.90Place1 9 $ 3.90Place2 4 $ 3.10Place3 2 $ 2.10Quinella 4:9 $ 73.50Trifecta 9:4:2 $ 1176.00First4 9:4:2:7 $ 4521.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%