Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - TELTRAC PREMIERTime: 11:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Shanpark F: X5147B(11) W(59)( J- Ryan Elliot )Very good over 1200m on the first day. Will be fitter and over 1400m will be a good winning chanceMain Danger12 Severine F: 0X632B(9) W(57)( T- Andrew Carston )WonDividends : $6.30 $2.10A touch unlucky not to win last start. Both runs prior have been good and if she gets a good run from the draw she will be in the finish.Next Best4 Liam F: X1082B(1) W(59)Good second last start and could be coming into form at the right time.Include in Multis11 Queen Sweep F: 149X3B(10) W(57)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Hargreaves/Murfitt )Got home very well at Motukarara fresh up for third. Will be fitter and should go well in this.Longer Odds2 Docket F: 800X6B(8) W(59)( T- Bruce Tapper )Was decent fresh up and has the ability to win on his best form.
RemarksFirst race of a great 11 race card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 6.30Place1 12 $ 2.10Place2 15 $ 4.80Place3 1 $ 3.80Quinella 12:15 $ 60.00Trifecta 12:15:1 $ 837.60First4 12:15:1:6 $ 3850.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 6, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - KNCOOLTAINER PREMIERTime: 12:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Veladero F: 9X961B(5) W(57.5)Ex Aussie who showed his real class on the first day will show improvement from that win and should be hard to beatMain Danger1 Albut Me F: 07192B(3) W(59.5)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- K & P Hughes )Likely leader who was hard to catch on the first day. If he sees out a strong 1800 will go close.Next Best6 Picture Me Rollin F: 14X17B(9) W(55)( T- Jo-Anne Dalton )PlacedDividend : $4.10Won well in the deep south. Made good ground in a front runners race last start and should figure in the finish.Include in Multis2 Sir Nate F: 03450B(4) W(58.5)( J- Leith Innes )( T- Lisa Latta )Been disappointing this prep but could show improvement from Couplands run.Longer Odds11 Pop 'n' Rock F: 60002B(6) W(54)( J- Kylie Williams )PlacedDividend : $4.70Scratched on first day at the start. Relegated last time when he won.
RemarksVery competitve race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 35.90Place1 7 $ 8.80Place2 6 $ 4.10Place3 11 $ 4.70Quinella 6:7 $ 269.60Trifecta 7:6:11 $ 11008.90First4 - $ 0.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - CASHMERE ESTATE-LIVE WITHOUT COMPROMISE PREMIERTime: 12:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Lorde Have Mercy F: 9X934B(5) W(56.5)( J- Jason Waddell )( T- John Wheeler )Been improving off every run this prep. Good on Wednesday behind Kaharau and looks suited by 2500m.Main Danger3 Mondorani F: 55622B(6) W(58)PlacedDividend : $1.60Both seconds during Carnival have been good. Can he run three top races in 8 days?Next Best2 Riviera Rock F: X3764B(3) W(58.5)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- G & M Eade )WonDividends : $8.90 $2.70Good last start for third in a good race. Nice staying horse who will be suited to 2500mInclude in Multis6 Ripcord F: 47837B(4) W(57.5)Been disappointing since returning to NZ. Unlucky last start and might be ready to show his best.Longer Odds4 To Love You F: 17743B(1) W(57.5)( T- Danny Frye )Has been good in both starts during Carnival and could run well at odds
RemarksSmall field but a good staying event
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 8.90Place1 2 $ 2.70Place2 3 $ 1.60Place3 10 $ 4.60Quinella 2:3 $ 13.20Trifecta 2:3:10 $ 446.50First4 2:3:10:7 $ 3135.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - VERNON & VAZEY TRUCK PARTS PREMIERTime: 1:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Kiwi Ida F: 22173B(5) W(60)( J- Ashvin Mudhoo )WonDividends : $4.20 $2.10Ultra consistent mare who was good in defeat on Wednesday. Best mare in the race and if Ashvin rides her right she will be hard to beatMain Danger10 Killarney F: X3744B(3) W(53.5)Good fourth in Stewards and nice run on the first day. Coming up well and looks a good chanceNext Best6 Trudeau F: 41793B(6) W(56)Good last start at Wingatui. Very honest and will be fitter for last start.Include in Multis13 Belle Fascino F: 18612B(7) W(53)PlacedDividend : $2.00Good second from a good run in Canterbury Breeders. Comes into this with no weight on her back and could run a big race.Longer Odds4 Rocanto F: 64211B(2) W(57)Won well in two suited races. This is tougher but will lead
RemarksGood open handicap race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.20Place1 1 $ 2.10Place2 13 $ 2.00Place3 14 $ 3.30Quinella 1:13 $ 10.40Trifecta 1:13:14 $ 155.70First4 1:13:14:8 $ 2197.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 6, 10, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - BARNESWOOD FARM WELCOME STAKESTime: 2:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Ohio Showgirl F: 15B(3) W(54.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Very good on debut when winning. Good fifth last start and Lisa rides today.Main Danger7 Laced With Gold F: 24B(11) W(54.5)Good on debut. Nice run when only beaten half a lengths last start and will run well.Next Best6 Chokito F: 2B(9) W(54.5)( T- M & W Coles )Very good on debut. Will have improved since and looks capable of a big race.Include in Multis1 La Romanee F: 71B(7) W(56.5)( T- Daniel Miller )WonDividends : $5.30 $2.10Nice winner last start and the stable is going well.Longer Odds2 Watchmaker F: 3B(10) W(56.5)( J- Michael McNab )Good on debut and looks the odds runner.
RemarksListed Welcome Stakes for the 2 year olds
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.30Place1 1 $ 2.10Place2 8 $ 2.20Place3 5 $ 1.70Quinella 1:8 $ 24.50Trifecta 1:8:5 $ 158.60First4 1:8:5:9 $ 2320.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - NZB INSURANCE PREMIERTime: 2:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Billy Mav F: 31453B(5) W(59)Good at Te Rapa when fifth. Top run on first day and looks a good bet.Main Danger1 I Am A Rock F: X1236B(1) W(59.5)( J- Jason Laking )( T- John Blackadder )Been good all prep with only missing a cheque once. Raced like a stayer on the first and gets 2000m todayNext Best8 Splendior F: X8244B(6) W(57)( J- Corey Campbell )( T- S & M Smith )PlacedDividend : $3.30Has been good in four runs this prep. 2000m is a question mark but should run wellInclude in Multis5 Vencedora F: 0X023B(4) W(58)( J- Jason Waddell )( T- John Wheeler )WonDividends : $7.20 $2.30Good on Wednesday and will be fit after 2500m. Will go well today.Longer Odds15 She's Gallant F: 20X65B(12) W(55.5)( T- Mike McCann )Good fresh up when sixth. Nice run over 1600m last start and the 2000m suits.
RemarksBig field where multis come into play
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 7.20Place1 5 $ 2.30Place2 8 $ 3.30Place3 16 $ 8.50Quinella 5:8 $ 35.40Trifecta 5:8:16 $ 2067.70First4 5:8:16:2 $ 10922.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 8, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - GAVELHOUSE.COM 47TH NZ 1000 GUINEAS (G1)Time: 3:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Travelling Light F: 111B(9) W(56.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Ben Foote )PlacedDividend : $1.60Unbeaten filly who was excellent winning at the post at Ellerslie. Looks special and looks a good chance of being unbeatenMain Danger4 Kali F: 1X171B(12) W(56.5)( T- Tony Pike )Only time she was beaten was unlucky in the Gold Trail. Solid winner at Ashburton when doing it tough and will run well.Next Best3 Bavella F: 40X22B(4) W(56.5)( J- Leith Innes )( T- Lance Noble )Just beaten in Gold Trail and Soliloquy. Talented filly who needs to be in your betsInclude in Multis7 Jennifer Eccles F: 3X243B(11) W(56.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $1.90Been rated as best maiden galloper in the country. Relegated fresh up very good in Gold Trail and Soliloquy since.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'9 Karalino F: 54312B(6) W(56.5)( J- Jason Laking )Impressive winner two back. Got home well behind Kali and looks over the odds.
RemarksGroup 1 time with a quality field of fillies
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 28.30Place1 12 $ 6.50Place2 7 $ 1.90Place3 2 $ 1.60Quinella 7:12 $ 76.10Trifecta 12:7:2 $ 904.70First4 12:7:2:3 $ 5067.20Double 5/12 $ 91.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - AVON CITY FORD PREMIERTime: 3:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Nellie Bly F: 53221B(6) W(59.5)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )Been very good lately with two seconds before winning on the first day. Looks a good winning hopeMain Danger13 Tee Cee Coup F: 215X3B(5) W(56)Very good on the first day will be fitter for that and can make it a Pitman quinella.Next Best7 Magnify F: 27314B(1) W(57.5)( T- Terri Rae )Good winner with Blinkers and ran very well the first day. Suited by the extra 100mInclude in Multis12 Red Chois F: X1315B(10) W(56)( J- Craig Grylls )WonDividends : $6.40 $2.50Has won 2 out of 4 since racing in NZ. Good run last start and can figure in the finish.Longer Odds14 Pitch And Switch F: 38X08B(3) W(55.5)( T- Terri Rae )Been poor both runs this prep but the best can win this.
RemarksVery tough first leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 6.40Place1 12 $ 2.50Place2 11 $ 4.00Place3 10 $ 12.70Quinella 11:12 $ 43.10Trifecta 12:11:10 $ 2471.60First4 12:11:10:2 $ 10195.60
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR8 (2) Nellie Bly(13) Tee Cee CoupR9 (3) Gorbachev(4) Dee And Gee (7) Duplicity (8) FelaarR10 (1) Torre Del Greco(8) Hee's Our Secret (13) Pinup CoupR11 (3) The Swiss Maestro(7) Queen Jetsun (11) Secret SoundQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 7, 12, 13, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - CHRISTCHURCH CASINO 156TH NEW ZEALAND CUP (G3)Time: 4:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'8 Felaar F: X0695B(12) W(53)( J- Matthew Cameron )Good in Metro from last at the turn. Will run a strong 3200m and if they ride him more forward will run wellMain Danger3 Gorbachev F: 8X791B(3) W(55)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Bryce Newman )PlacedDividend : $2.70Good winner last start at Wellington. Going well leading into the race and better horse than last year where he finished fourth.Next Best7 Duplicity F: 80621B(11) W(53)( T- Ashley Meadows )Good in the Feilding Cup backed in with a tough win in Metro. Good chance to win the CupInclude in Multis4 Dee And Gee F: 69352B(9) W(54)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- Charles/Corbett )WonDividends : $7.10 $2.50Has ran very well in her last three with a great run for second in Metro. Brings the right form for thisLonger Odds11 Korakonui F: X6655B(6) W(53)( T- Ralph Manning )Going well this prep. Making good ground and very well suited to 3200m
RemarksThe last of the features of this great week
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 7.10Place1 4 $ 2.50Place2 1 $ 5.80Place3 3 $ 2.70Quinella 1:4 $ 73.60Trifecta 4:1:3 $ 926.60First4 4:1:3:9 $ 29551.80Double 12/4 $ 51.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 7, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - FRANTIC BLOODSTOCK PREMIERTime: 4:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Hee's Our Secret F: 9X443B(12) W(58)( J- Jacob Lowry )( T- Andrew Carston )Been very good in three runs this prep. Good on first day and looks suited to 1600mMain Danger1 Torre Del Greco F: 42811B(6) W(63)Good winner first day. Won well prior. Lot of weight but can make it three in a row.Next Best13 Pinup Coup F: 17X54B(3) W(57)Hasn't been bad in both runs this prep. Third up will be fit enough and can go close to winning thisInclude in Multis9 Miss Doherty F: X1507B(7) W(57.5)( T- Danny Crozier )Won fresh up and her run at Motukarara suggested that she is on the right path for a good run todayLonger Odds7 Jin Lu F: 339X0B(14) W(58.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- L & R Didham )Needed resuming run and was very honest last prep. Can figure in the finish.
RemarksPlenty of winning chances here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 10.90Place1 11 $ 3.10Place2 18 $ 2.80Place3 12 $ 3.50Quinella 11:18 $ 42.70Trifecta 11:18:12 $ 887.70First4 11:18:12:13 $ 3101.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 7, 8, 9, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 11 - SPEIGHT'S PREMIERTime: 5:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 The Swiss Maestro F: 07X02B(2) W(60)( J- Michael McNab )WonDividends : $3.40 $1.80Just missed on the first day. Got the talent and the one to beat.Main Danger7 Queen Jetsun F: 05924B(6) W(58)( J- Kylie Williams )Pretty consistent mare who was good when second two back. Was a good effort on the first day.Next Best11 Secret Sound F: 212B(13) W(57.5)( J- Courtney Barnes )( T- Terry Kennedy )Good on debut. Won on a heavy and was solid last start. Could be a very good horse.Include in Multis6 Perfidia F: 580X2B(15) W(58)Good run fresh up and if she can get a good trip from the wide gate she will be in the finish.Longer Odds13 Marquita Miss F: 758X1B(1) W(57)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Terry Kennedy )PlacedDividend : $5.20Good winner on southern debut and off that could be the odds runner
RemarksGood way to end a great week of racing
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.40Place1 3 $ 1.80Place2 1 $ 11.70Place3 13 $ 5.20Quinella 1:3 $ 73.20Trifecta 3:1:13 $ 1594.60First4 3:1:13:14 $ 15362.40Double 11/3+ $ 43.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 6, 7, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%