Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - NZ CUP MEETING TICKETS ON SALE NOW MAIDENTime: 12:02 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick12 Charlie Awesome F: 3XB(10) W(56)PlacedDividend : $2.00Good run on debut and has spelled since. Won a trial well to prepareMain Danger1 Capodanno F: 2B(2) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.10Lead and just beaten on debut. Drawn for a good run and could be hard to past in that roleNext Best14 Sanctify F: 66X2B(11) W(54)( J- Doni Prastiyou )( T- Andrew Carston )Even though she was beaten by 5 lengths first up she hit the line strong and should go another nice race second up.Include in Multis11 Chuck A Luck F: 3425B(4) W(56)Been racing very well on Slow to Heavy ground. Both runs during carnival very good with a just beaten on the first day. Question mark on a firm track.Longer Odds7 Exclaim F: 2343XB(17) W(56.5)( T- Lance Robinson )Was in great form without winning. Wide draw and fresh up and should go a good race at odds.
RemarksFirst race of a big 10 race card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 35.70Place1 4 $ 8.30Place2 1 $ 2.10Place3 12 $ 2.00Quinella 1:4 $ 82.20Trifecta 4:1:12 $ 819.10First4 4:1:12:11 $ 2351.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 7, 11, 12, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - GROUP ONE RACEDAY PARTY MAIDENTime: 12:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Big Wink F: 95X2B(16) W(58.5)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Kennedy/Furlong )Top run making heaps of ground first up. Will improve from the run and will enjoy the 1600m today.Main Danger2 Nero F: 97233B(3) W(58.5)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )( T- Mike McCann )PlacedDividend : $2.30Been going very good races on Heavy tracks if he can transfer that form to firmer ground will go a good raceNext Best1 Golden Age F: 2243XB(1) W(58.5)WonDividends : $2.50 $1.40Te Akau runner who was good without winning last prep. Had a trial to prepare and the 1600m suitsInclude in Multis10 Figeameout F: 64727B(10) W(56.5)( T- Lance Robinson )Very good on southern debut for second. Wasn't the worst of runs during the carnival getting too far back. If she handles the track must be a chanceLonger Odds8 Monash F: 576XB(15) W(58.5)Showed ability last prep when making some nice ground. If fit enough could run a bold one.
RemarksBig field contest this maiden 1600m race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.50Place1 1 $ 1.40Place2 2 $ 2.30Place3 16 $ 11.50Quinella 1:2 $ 7.40Trifecta 1:2:16 $ 442.00First4 1:2:16:7 $ 8555.40Double 4/1+ $ 77.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - CANTERBURY WESTLAND RACING OWNERS ASSOCIATIONTime: 1:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Mamba F: 35045B(11) W(56.5)Trainer been confident on tracks that haven't suited. Best run came on a Slow 7. May want more moisture but looks a good chance hereMain Danger6 Bridget Town F: 54327B(4) W(56.5)( J- Corey Campbell )( T- Thelma Foley )Only fair on the quick back up. Handles all track conditions and can go well in thisNext Best10 Ahyum F: 32358B(12) W(56)PlacedDividend : $2.70Honest mare who has been enjoying these heavy tracks. Could get away with one on top of the ground.Include in Multis3 So Brazen F: 79800B(10) W(57.5)Out of form but back on top of the ground could see this mare back in form.Longer Odds5 Our Boy Baz F: 25783B(2) W(57)( J- Kin Kwo )( T- K & A Tyler )Been going good races. May find this track too firm but could run well at odds
RemarksPlenty of heavy track form here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 19.30Place1 1 $ 5.80Place2 10 $ 2.70Place3 13 $ 4.10Quinella 1:10 $ 80.60Trifecta 1:10:13 $ 1806.00First4 - $ 0.00Treble 4/1+/1 $ 1780.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - THE CRAIC IRISH BAR ON RICCARTON ROADTime: 1:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Thom Brown F: 06632B(14) W(58.5)( T- Steven Woodsford )Racing well enough. Good second last time and should get through the track better than most.Main Danger1 Frankie The Fox F: 74333B(13) W(60)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Mike McCann )WonDividends : $3.40 $1.70Always runs a good race with out winning. Question mark at a mile but should go a good race none the less.Next Best7 True Elegance F: 05715B(10) W(57)( J- Tina Comignaghi )( T- Bruce Tapper )Won maiden on a heavy track. Has performed on decent going in the past and I think she will run well.Include in Multis4 Publicist F: 105X0B(2) W(58.5)High priced yearling from Te Akau. Very ordinary fresh up but on his best form can go wellLonger OddsThe 'Best Roughie'12 Gloss F: 52606B(8) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $3.50Form isn't the worst leading into this. Was good last start on heavy going and prefers better track. Could be the odds runner here
RemarksBig open field with many chances. Could be worth playing 'muilts'
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.40Place1 1 $ 1.70Place2 3 $ 3.70Place3 12 $ 3.50Quinella 1:3 $ 19.70Trifecta 1:3:12 $ 419.90First4 1:3:12:2 $ 6789.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 7, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - JANET FRANCISTime: 2:23 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Fabulous Flight F: 582X5B(11) W(60)( J- Jason Laking )Indicative Odds: $5.00Good run fresh up for fifth. Showed ability in the north over similar distances and could be hard to beat.Main Danger3 Pickup F: X4322B(8) W(60)( T- Kevin James )Indicative Odds: $4.40Very consistent and gaining fitness off every run. Going well and should go close here.Next Best7 Tuilana F: 63652B(13) W(58)( T- Neil Coulbeck )Indicative Odds: $16.00Nice second last time. Been going well enough before then. Looks well placed to run well.Include in Multis9 Bojangles F: 54331B(14) W(57.5)Indicative Odds: $6.00Nice winner last time in the south. Prefers a wetter track but can run a nice race.Longer Odds5 Sulcifera F: 2165XB(1) W(58.5)Indicative Odds: $15.00Showed good staying ability last prep ending with runs in Wellington Cup and Dunedin Cup. If fit enough could run a bold race
RemarksOpen Staying race
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - CHRISTCHURCH CASINO NEW ZEALAND CUP TRIAL HCPTime: 3:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Owen Patrick F: 42333B(6) W(56)( J- Doni Prastiyou )( T- Charles/Corbett )PlacedDividend : $1.80In top form running on dead tracks and heavy tracks. Fit horse who should get through the ground. Should go close to winningMain Danger6 Pamir F: 0X341B(1) W(54)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- John Luxton )Built to a nice win last time. Looks well placed to keep that formNext Best7 Diorissimo F: 112X4B(8) W(54)( T- Sarah & Matthew Smith )PlacedDividend : $2.10Was in great form last prep and resumed with a nice fourth got further improvement and expect a big run.Include in Multis2 Orepuki Lad F: 1152XB(7) W(58.5)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- G & M Eade )Top staying horse who is fresh up. Distance maybe too short and could need the run.Longer Odds5 Shezatoucha F: 037X7B(4) W(55.5)( J- Tina Comignaghi )WonDividends : $11.20 $2.90Was in great form during her last prep. Needed her run fresh up and you could see a big improvement
RemarksGood fitness run for some New Zealand Cup hopefuls
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 11.20Place1 5 $ 2.90Place2 7 $ 2.10Place3 4 $ 1.80Quinella 5:7 $ 33.90Trifecta 5:7:4 $ 369.30First4 5:7:4:8 $ 4913.60Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - FLAIR OPEN SPRINTTime: 3:39 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 Kiwi Ida F: 131X2B(5) W(58.5)( J- Rahul Beeharry )PlacedDividend : $1.90Talented mare who was good fresh up when second. Got home well and looks hard to beat todayMain Danger3 Prince Oz F: 262X3B(10) W(59)WonDividends : $4.70 $1.60Put a string of wins together last season with one in the Group 3 Stewards. Good sprinter who was good for third fresh upNext Best2 Johnny Jones F: 2377XB(8) W(59)Nice sprinter who was an easy trial winner. Big run expected freshInclude in Multis1 He Kin Fly F: 114X0B(2) W(60)Stakes winner from last season who you can forgive his first up run being in the Tarzino. Claiming and dropping back in grade.Longer Odds7 Saber F: 28824B(7) W(54)Front runner who is the outsider. Could be hard to pass in that role.
RemarksNice sprinting race to start the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 4.70Place1 3 $ 1.60Place2 4 $ 1.90Place3 6 $ 2.70Quinella 3:4 $ 9.10Trifecta 3:4:6 $ 147.90First4 3:4:6:8 $ 393.50
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (4) Kiwi IdaR8 (1) Miss Federer(3) Woodcote Lass (4) Folk DressR9 (1) Express Rip(3) Dreamtesta (12) Miss Ricky Bobby (13) Red ChoisR10 (6) Belle Fascino(8) Abrahams (14) Tantalising (15) UpscaleQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - NEW ZEALAND BLOODSTOCK CANTERBURY BELLE STAKESTime: 4:14 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Miss Federer F: 181X2B(13) W(56.5)( J- Kylie Williams )( T- Andrew Carston )WonDividends : $3.90 $1.70Resumed with a top second behind Woodcote Lass. Will improve fitness wise and will like the firmer track.Main Danger3 Woodcote Lass F: 31X1B(14) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Autridge )PlacedDividend : $1.70Won beating a similar field here. Talented filly who will go very well.Next Best4 Folk Dress F: 2114XB(16) W(56.5)Another talented filly owned by Coolmore. Trialed well leading into this and showed her worth in the north as a 2 year oldInclude in Multis9 Bronte Beach F: 517X4B(3) W(56.5)Very good fourth fresh up will improve fitness wise and a big run is expectedLonger Odds2 All About Magic F: 214X5B(9) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $2.40Had a great 2 year old year. Went a nice race fresh up and could be the odds runner for the Pitman stable
RemarksGood lineup of fillies in today's feature
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.90Place1 1 $ 1.70Place2 2 $ 2.40Place3 3 $ 1.70Quinella 1:2 $ 12.70Trifecta 1:2:3 $ 72.40First4 1:2:3:7 $ 1227.30Double 3/1 $ 18.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - PRYDE'S EASIFEEDTime: 4:49 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Dreamtesta F: 220X3B(18) W(59)Indicative Odds: $8.50Was good as a filly last prep. Was very good when third fresh up and wouldn't surprise if she won here.Main Danger13 Red Chois F: 324X1B(3) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Autridge )Indicative Odds: $4.50Very good winning on NZ debut. Coming down on a firmer surface but her UK form would suggest no problem.Next Best12 Miss Ricky Bobby F: 192B(8) W(57)Indicative Odds: $7.50Better run when just beaten on decent ground. Will like track conditions and a big run is expected.Include in Multis1 Express Rip F: 1X596B(15) W(60)( J- Kin Kwo )( T- Neil Coulbeck )Indicative Odds: $17.00Dorpping back in class when not back in his most previous start. Looks over the odds.Longer Odds4 Clooney F: 0185XB(4) W(59)( T- B & R Wilson )Indicative Odds: $21.00Showed ability as a 3 year old. Won his maiden well and performed well since. had two nice trials to prepare and watch for him making good ground late
RemarksBig open sprinting race
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - RACECOURSE HOTEL & MOTOR LODGETime: 5:24 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Belle Fascino F: 458X1B(10) W(58)Won her fresh up run in outstanding fashion. Looks well placed here and will enjoy the better track.Main Danger8 Abrahams F: 1132XB(15) W(58)Fresh up and was very honest last prep. Had some fair trials to prepare and if he has last preps form could give these a shakeNext Best14 Tantalising F: 1308XB(11) W(56)A talented mare who tackled some tough races at the end of her prep. Improved nicely since winning her trial.Include in Multis15 Upscale F: 2267XB(6) W(56)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Danny Crozier )Fresh up after a strong 3 year old season. Nice trial to prepare and lovely run is expected.Longer Odds5 Miss Doherty F: 856X1B(13) W(58.5)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- Danny Crozier )Had ability in the north before winning southern debut. Could go back to back at odds
RemarksFinal race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 8.20Place1 9 $ 3.00Place2 3 $ 11.80Place3 11 $ 3.40Quinella 3:9 $ 207.60Trifecta 9:3:11 $ 4045.50First4 - $ 0.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 6, 8, 14, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%