Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - CALOUNDRA CUP TOUR 2019 - BOOK NOW MAIDENTime: 12:00 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick12 Calling Us Home F: 33B(10) W(55)PlacedDividend : $1.20Has run two good placings against much stronger opposition than what it faces here. Way too short in the market but it should be winning.Main Danger5 Clooney F: 7B(2) W(57)( T- B & R Wilson )Only a fair seventh on debut but it wasn't far away from the winner at Timaru. Nicely bred to show some early toe so consider.Next Best1 Lincoln Zephyr F: 40557B(6) W(58.5)( T- Cheri Trembath )Has an experience edge which could count in this field. Chris Johnson being in the saddle won't hurt its chances either.Include in Multis8 Vouch F: 05X64B(7) W(56.5)Improving run for fourth last time out and it could score at nice odds. Likely to firm in on the day as punters get cautious with the favourite.Longer Odds7 Smart Garden F: 65X26B(2) W(56.5)( T- Leonard Stewart )Has produced some good efforts to date and it just needs to find a length to win at double-figure odds.
RemarksAll the money with the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 22.90Place1 13 $ 4.10Place2 6 $ 7.80Place3 12 $ 1.20Quinella 6:13 $ 560.10Trifecta 13:6:12 $ 3526.50First4 - $ 0.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 7, 8, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - PUNTERS CHALLENGE 6 APRIL - ENTER NOW MAIDENTime: 12:15 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Ataahuadreamsrfree F: 342X2B(14) W(56.5)( T- Neill Ridley )Indicative Odds: $3.40Had every chance to win last start but gets a better chance here. Nice type, tough draw but it should enjoy the apprentice claim.Main Danger2 Jiminy Cricket F: 0X044B(2) W(58.5)( T- Lance Robinson )Indicative Odds: $6.50Should have delivered a placing this campaign but it gets a good chance to improve on its recent fourths. Drawn well with an experience rider in the saddle.Next Best7 Rita Aura F: 94X45B(13) W(56.5)Indicative Odds: $6.50Probably not as talented as its name sake but it could offer some value here. This stable often has success when coming south.Include in Multis13 Bellarosina F: 7X05B(10) W(55)( T- Steven Woodsford )Indicative Odds: $14.00Hasn't had much experience compared to many of these but it gets in well at 53kg and it ran well enough to win last start.Longer Odds10 Cinto Bay F: 00X6B(1) W(56.5)Indicative Odds: $13.00Much better showing last start and it has each-way claims in this.
RemarksAnother huge betting field with only a handful of runners quoted at single-figure odds
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 6, 7, 10, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIESTime: 12:50 | Distance: 800m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'5 Vino Bella F: 4XB(4) W(57)( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.50Backed and beaten on debut up north but that form should translate well against this opposition. Stable is firing.Main Danger2 Miss Sweet Pee F: 62B(7) W(57)( T- Fraser Auret )PlacedDividend : $1.30Much better effort for second at Otaki last start after running sixth behind Aotea Lad on debut. Not easy here but it's a good chance.Next Best3 Our Rosette F: 2B(2) W(57)Didn't face much on debut but did hit the line with good purpose. Drawn well and senior rider Andrew Calder in the saddle is a positive.Include in Multis4 Emma's Chance F: 3B(3) W(57)( T- Pat Collins )Third on debut and gets an apprentice claim in this. Might need to find a length or two but it has had only one start so it could improve.Longer Odds7 Take A Risk F: 5B(1) W(57)( T- Sharon Robertson )Not too far behind them last start and it could add some value at odds.
RemarksThere should be some nice types to come out of this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 8.60Place1 1 $ 2.60Place2 2 $ 1.30Place3 5 $ 1.50Quinella 1:2 $ 11.70Trifecta 1:2:5 $ 130.20First4 1:2:5:4 $ 443.90Treble 13/6+/1 $ 852.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - NZB SOUTH ISLAND SALE 29 APRILTime: 1:25 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Lake Chalice F: X1175B(3) W(57.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Kennedy/Furlong )PlacedDividend : $1.70Needs to lift on its last couple of efforts but it should find this slightly easier. Form prior was good and the 3kg claim makes it tough to beat.Main Danger3 Strowan F: L1237B(5) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Another which needs to rebound after a sub-par effort last start. More than capable of doing that and it should be right around the mark.Next Best7 Odisha F: 7676XB(1) W(57.5)Inside draw is ideal and it could show some cheek fresh up. Former northerner so it brings in that solid form line.Include in Multis2 Flytime F: 93433B(6) W(59)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )( T- Ashley McKay )WonDividends : $6.60 $2.30Back-to-back placings coming into this and it gets some weight off its back. Has class and a win wouldn't surprise many here.Longer Odds1 Enzedjewel F: 58X05B(9) W(59.5)Better effort when fifth last start and it's a knockout chance with the claimer in the saddle.
RemarksVery even market with many winning chances
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 6.60Place1 2 $ 2.30Place2 6 $ 1.70Place3 3 $ 1.70Quinella 2:6 $ 13.90Trifecta 2:6:3 $ 112.40First4 2:6:3:5 $ 490.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - ENZO'S LAD DUAL GROUP 1 WINNERTime: 2:00 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Pinup Coup F: 34442B(9) W(56.5)Hasn't won for a little while but a win isn't far away. Just needs a good ride from Johnson and it could finish over the top of them.Main Danger8 Rockoneve F: 51674B(2) W(55.5)Big run for fourth last start and it's capable of producing a similar effort again. Odds are attractive but it has obvious winning claims.Next Best1 Final Say F: 17X42B(7) W(60.5)( T- B & R Wilson )PlacedDividend : $2.20Improved with the run for second at Kurow and it's another good ride for BB Hong with the 3kg claim. Tough to beat and the odds appeal.Include in Multis2 Forged F: 43695B(3) W(59.5)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )( T- Mike McCann )Gets a good draw and that could be key in a race like this. Can win and it would boost payouts nicely.Longer Odds7 Showpin F: 03013B(5) W(56)( T- T & L Prendergast )WonDividends : $7.40 $2.00Nothing wrong with its form and if it gets a good ride, it's right in the mix at nice odds.
RemarksTwo runners well-favoured and they're quality types
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 7.40Place1 7 $ 2.00Place2 9 $ 2.90Place3 1 $ 2.20Quinella 7:9 $ 32.70Trifecta 7:9:1 $ 529.50First4 7:9:1:8 $ 1045.90Quaddie 6+/1/2/7 $ 3185.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - NZB NATIONAL YEARLING SALES SERIES STARTS 27 JANTime: 2:35 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 King Kane F: 40246B(8) W(59.5)Form doesn't indicate it but it's rarely far away from the finish. Gets a must-needed claimer in the saddle and it looks the best of a moderate field.Main Danger3 Abrahams F: 87031B(4) W(58.5)( T- Terri Rae )WonDividends : $6.90 $2.20Scored an overdue win last start and it might kick on with it now. Evenly drawn and should be in a top position to strike late.Next Best4 Attimo F: 00361B(11) W(58)( T- Kenny Moore )Another last start winner which ran some slick time at Reefton. Not always the best form guide for Riccarton but include on that performance alone.Include in Multis7 Perfidia F: 27548B(12) W(56.5)( J- Courtney Barnes )Slightly out of form but it won't take much to turn that around. Drawn wide but there should be plenty of chances to get cover in this.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'5 Ride The Storm F: 80317B(3) W(58)Did the job nicely two back and a return to that form takes it close. Goes into the mix at the odds.
RemarksAnother even betting field on paper. Punters will have no trouble finding value with most runners.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 6.90Place1 3 $ 2.20Place2 11 $ 3.20Place3 6 $ 2.60Quinella 3:11 $ 37.10Trifecta 3:11:6 $ 431.40First4 3:11:6:7 $ 2717.00Treble 2/7/3 $ 542.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - CHRISTCHURCH CASINO DUNEDIN GOLD CUP TRIALTime: 3:12 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Anythingcouldhappn F: X5111B(6) W(54)( T- Steven Woodsford )PlacedDividend : $1.30Tough to overlook its recent form. On a winning streak and it could be the next staying star to come from the south. Weight helps.Main Danger1 Kaharau F: 51837B(5) W(60)No doubting its ability but it does have to jump a significant weight of 58kg. Likely to get back and come into the race down the lengthy straight.Next Best6 Smoke House Bay F: 51041B(8) W(54)( T- John Blackadder )Scored nicely last start and with only 52kg on the back, it surely has to come into contention. Include for value.Include in Multis3 Shezatoucha F: 04134B(2) W(54)WonDividends : $8.30 $2.30Rarely runs a bad race and it wasn't too far away from them last start. Good win three back and it should go close again in an even contest.Longer Odds2 Five Kings F: 92162B(7) W(54)( J- Rahul Beeharry )( T- Bruce Tapper )Always possesses the ability to flash home at big odds. That could happen here.
RemarksGood Cup trial with some promising stayers in the mix
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 8.30Place1 3 $ 2.30Place2 4 $ 1.30Place3 5 $ 4.70Quinella 3:4 $ 10.00Trifecta 3:4:5 $ 342.30First4 3:4:5:8 $ 1922.70
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (1) Kaharau(4) AnythingcouldhappnR8 (2) Acekingsuited(7) Saronic Miss (9) Tee Cee Coup (14) Hapi EllaR9 (5) Kiwi Ida(7) The Precious One (11) Get SchroederR10 (1) Overthetop(3) Red River Rock (10) Lady ByronQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - HELSTON & ASSOCIATESTime: 3:47 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'9 Tee Cee Coup F: 09X1B(3) W(55.5)Indicative Odds: $5.50Showed its true ability last time out and it could go on with it now. In the right hands and punters are getting a serious price.Main Danger14 Hapi Ella F: 56772B(10) W(54)Indicative Odds: $9.00Possesses plenty of speed but isn't the biggest. Just needs some clear air and it could finish with a big burst. Well-related type.Next Best2 Acekingsuited F: 38727B(4) W(58.5)( J- Jacob Lowry )( T- Ross Beckett )Indicative Odds: $7.50A nice hand to look at and punters will be hoping to hit the high card here. Mixes form but has the talent to towel this field up. Nice odds.Include in Multis7 Saronic Miss F: 4360XB(11) W(57)( J- Mubs Kareem )Indicative Odds: $7.50Not an easy race to kick off your campaign. Has shown ability at higher levels and a 4kg claimer rides. Each way all day.Longer Odds10 Fascino Lass F: X8942B(5) W(55.5)Indicative Odds: $11.00Much better run last start and it should be around the mark once again.
RemarksHuge numbers once again and multiples will pay handsomely
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 7, 9, 10, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - SPEIGHT'S TIMARU STAKESTime: 4:22 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Get Schroeder F: 10821B(2) W(53)( T- Fraser Auret )Comes down south with a nice win under its belt last time out. There's some big opinions of this runner and it could be worth following.Main Danger7 The Precious One F: X1252B(10) W(53)( T- Claire Anderton )No doubt that it has the best exposed form. Gets in well off at the weights with 53kg and it just needs to live up to expectations.Next Best5 Kiwi Ida F: 12115B(11) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.80Lets the race unfold and then comes with a big run. Will it be big enough to run some smart types down? History says possibly.Include in Multis1 Son Of Maher F: 56674B(8) W(60)Group-performed runner which needs to regain that confidence. Big weight won't help but with a smart ride, it could steal this in the straight.Longer Odds3 El Bee Darci F: 91137B(9) W(58)( J- Courtney Barnes )( T- Russell McKay )Always capable of blowing them away at odds. Goes into the mix at big odds.
RemarksBest race of the day and there's some stakes form throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 24.30Place1 10 $ 5.20Place2 6 $ 5.40Place3 5 $ 1.80Quinella 6:10 $ 224.40Trifecta 10:6:5 $ 2235.80First4 10:6:5:8 $ 28500.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 7, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - RACECOURSE HOTEL & MOTOR LODGETime: 4:55 | Distance: 1800m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Overthetop F: 5614B(10) W(59)WonDividends : $4.40 $1.70Good win two back and although unable to follow that up, it deserves another chance. Well backed and rightfully so.Main Danger3 Red River Rock F: 32335B(15) W(58)Continues to burn through the pockets of punters but it has to be included. Needs pace on up front and a smarter ride wouldn't hurt.Next Best10 Lady Byron F: 00372B(5) W(56)( T- Danny Frye )Improved effort for second last start and it could be right in the thick of the action. Another good ride for Johnson.Include in Multis5 O'Kiwi F: 4408XB(12) W(58)PlacedDividend : $3.10Fresh up form reads OK and there's some solid money coming for it. Has been backed in from a big price so consider for win options.Longer Odds4 Blanco Bay F: 04317B(9) W(58)Won well enough two back to suggest the same could happen again.
RemarksThe get out stakes has some nice types competing
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.40Place1 1 $ 1.70Place2 8 $ 4.50Place3 5 $ 3.10Place6 1,7,9/3,6,11/3,4+,5/4,9+,13/5, $ 533.10Quinella 1:8 $ 52.10Trifecta 1:8:5 $ 640.30First4 1:8:5:12 $ 3513.60Treble 4/10/1+ $ 2960.90Quaddie 3/4/10/1+ $ 18352.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%