Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - COMMODORE AIRPORT HOTEL MAIDENTime: 12:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Red Light District F: 3B(8) W(58.5)Good debut run behind a couple of nice ones and should be better for the run looks a good chance.Main Danger10 Miss Oaks F: 46364B(9) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $2.00Been racing very well. Unlucky not too run second last time and her win is closeNext Best9 Rumour Has It F: X9372B(10) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Much better last start and off that performance won’t be far away in this.Include in Multis8 Last Letter F: 97962B(6) W(56.5)( T- Kenny Moore )Freshened since second over ground ready to run well fresh.Longer Odds4 Monash F: 576X6B(12) W(58.5)( T- Champion/Murphy )WonDividends : $5.60 $2.00Won a trial nicely and off that could run a cheeky race
RemarksFirst race of a 10 race card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 5.60Place1 4 $ 2.00Place2 10 $ 2.00Place3 9 $ 1.70Quinella 4:10 $ 14.00Trifecta 4:10:9 $ 141.30First4 4:10:9:8 $ 1223.10Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 8, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - CANTERBURY LANDSCAPE SUPPLIESTime: 12:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'4 To Love You F: 02117B(10) W(58)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Danny Frye )Made the trip to the bay and wasn’t far away when lacking luck. Put two together well and can win this.Main Danger1 Frankie The Fox F: 43331B(7) W(59)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Mike McCann )WonDividends : $4.10 $1.70Always runs well. Good win last time and the extra distance suits. Won’t be far away.Next Best8 Upscale F: 67X04B(5) W(55.5)( T- Danny Crozier )Much better run last start. Stakes placed as a 3 year old and third up will be ready to go.Include in Multis5 The Growler F: 3X431B(4) W(58)( J- Jason Laking )( T- L & R Didham )Good solid win last time. 1800 should suit and shouldn’t be far off them.Longer Odds6 Ahyum F: 35821B(8) W(56)( T- Champion/Murphy )Always consistent and rounded off her good form with a win and could be the odds runner
RemarksPlenty of last start winners do battle
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.10Place1 1 $ 1.70Place2 11 $ 8.10Place3 7 $ 4.80Quinella 1:11 $ 93.60Trifecta 1:11:7 $ 1601.50First4 1:11:7:3 $ 3271.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACETime: 1:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Ohio Showgirl F: 1B(6) W(56.5)Good winner on debut. Won’t have to improve much to be the one to beat.Main Danger1 Ready For This F: 4B(12) W(57)Did things wrong on debut when hot fav. Trials were excellent and will be improved since then.Next Best6 Laced With Gold F: 2B(10) W(55)Good run on debut and won’t be far away today.Include in Multis7 Queen Of The Prom F: 3B(3) W(55)( J- Lee Callaway )Makes the trip south from Ruakaka where she debuted for third. Chance in this.Longer Odds8 Sweylani F: 4B(1) W(55)Another who debuted well and from the 1 gate can see her in the finish.
Remarks2 year old race with race experience and trial experience
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 13.30Place1 2 $ 3.20Place2 11 $ 10.20Place3 10 $ 6.90Quinella 2:11 $ 304.40Trifecta 2:11:10 $ 7529.80First4 2:11:10:6 $ 16451.20Treble 4/1+/2 $ 655.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - HELSTON & ASSOCIATES MAIDENTime: 1:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Savvy Lad F: 2B(14) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.70Unlucky on debut. Sticky gate but may work in his favour and a clear run looks hard to beat.Main Danger13 Exaltation F:B(12) W(54)WonDividends : $4.10 $1.80Very well bred filly who was good at the trials. Can win on debut.Next Best10 Xplosion F: 4X353B(7) W(54)( J- Corey Campbell )Been racing well without winning. Got a nice gate and very well weighted.Include in Multis9 Touchabeel F: 453X8B(13) W(54)Been only fair Raceday but was excellent at the trials since her last run. Should run well off the recent trial.Longer Odds6 The Buffer F: 30B(3) W(56)Made the trip down from Ruakaka and was good on debut. Had excuses last start and trial was nice to prepare.
RemarksSome very well bred maiden runners here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 4.10Place1 13 $ 1.80Place2 5 $ 1.70Place3 1 $ 4.40Quinella 5:13 $ 11.50Trifecta 13:5:1 $ 208.20First4 13:5:1:11 $ 2338.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 6, 9, 10, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - NZB READY TO RUN SALETime: 2:24 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Clooney F: 85X20B(3) W(59.5)( T- B & R Wilson )PlacedDividend : $3.40Good fresh up disappointing second up. Now third up ready to run a good race.Main Danger1 Mister Mocha F: 13XB(12) W(60)Good winning on debut. Good run during Wellington Cup carnival. Nice trial to prepare.Next Best8 Magnify F: 35273B(2) W(58.5)WonDividends : $4.50 $1.80Blinkers on after a slightly disappointing effort at Ashburton. Maybe the blinkers the key.Include in Multis13 Can't Say Enough F: 1B(10) W(57)( T- Shane Laming )Good winner on debut. Can go back to back but is a tough ask.Longer Odds9 Midsummer Magic F: 6143XB(13) W(58)( J- Kozzi Asano )Fresh up and ended last prep in good form. If fit enough won’t be far away.
RemarksFull field of sprinters
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 4.50Place1 8 $ 1.80Place2 11 $ 2.70Place3 4 $ 3.40Quinella 8:11 $ 18.60Trifecta 8:11:4 $ 308.90First4 8:11:4:13 $ 1860.10Quaddie 1+/2/13/8 $ 2113.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 8, 9, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - JACK THOMPSONTime: 2:58 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Wekaforce F: 810X3B(4) W(57.5)WonDividends : $4.50 $1.80Beaten by some nice gallopers fresh up from an impressive trial. Will be on pace and hard to beat.Main Danger11 Nellie Bly F: 1L532B(5) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $2.30Very honest mare who was good last start in a tough race. Draw to get a nice run and should run a top race.Next Best4 Boundtobehonored F: 41422B(1) W(57.5)Very honest mare who ran well last week. Will be improved and should run well from a good gate.Include in Multis14 Red Chois F: 4X131B(11) W(56)Nice winner in a weaker race last time. Looks to have talent and can handle the step up in grade.Longer Odds7 Hee's Our Secret F: 059X4B(12) W(57.5)( J- Corey Campbell )Very good effort fresh up and will only improve from the run. Will get back and make good late ground.
RemarksGood sprint field with plenty of interest today and in future
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 4.50Place1 6 $ 1.80Place2 11 $ 2.30Place3 9 $ 4.40Quinella 6:11 $ 25.80Trifecta 6:11:9 $ 362.70First4 6:11:9:7 $ 1460.20Double 8/6 $ 15.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 6, 7, 11, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - WAR DECREE STAKESTime: 3:33 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Aotea Lad F: 27X43B(13) W(56.5)( J- Jason Laking )Even though he was beaten a margin. He was excellent in the Hawke’s Bay Guineas. Karaka Million placed at 2 and looks very tough to beatMain Danger4 Sherwood Forest F: 67X15B(11) W(56.5)WonDividends : $4.20 $1.70Another who ran well behind Catalyst and the mile will suit. Good chance with Troy down to ride.Next Best7 Woodcote Lass F: 31X13B(2) W(54.5)Very nice run in the Canterbury Belle over 1200 had a trial since and a very honest filly.Include in Multis2 Charlie Awesome F: 3X341B(6) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )Deserved maiden win last time. This is tougher and we will see his level today.Longer Odds11 Sorceress F: 162B(8) W(54.5)Nice run last time and looks suited at the 1600. Bold run wouldn’t surprise.
RemarksToday’s Feature with one of the last lead ups to 2000 Guineas
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 4.20Place1 4 $ 1.70Place2 3 $ 4.50Place3 6 $ 4.30Quinella 3:4 $ 34.60Trifecta 4:3:6 $ 498.60First4 4:3:6:11 $ 4394.20
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (1) Aotea LadR8 (1) Kiwi Ida(4) Sacred DayR9 (1) Kaharau(3) Dee And Gee (5) Diorissimo (6) ZentessaR10 (2) I Am A Rock(3) Kandari (4) Leaderboard (5) Devious (16) She's GallantQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 7, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - COUPLAND'S BAKERIES MILE TRIAL HANDICAPTime: 4:08 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Sacred Day F: 5311XB(5) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.00Coming back from a successful Queensland campaign and he was fantastic at the trials. Looks ready to run a huge race.Main Danger1 Kiwi Ida F: 1X221B(8) W(60)( J- Kozzi Asano )Very honest mare who is in great form. Well suited to the claim and looks one of the main hopes.Next Best2 He Kin Fly F: 4X054B(6) W(60)( T- Neill Ridley )Improving off every run. Now fourth up ready to show his best.Include in Multis11 Sheezallmine F: 147X1B(10) W(54)( T- Daniel Miller )Won nicely fresh up. Will be on speed. Talented sprinter. 1400? Is the question.Longer Odds5 Camino Rocoso F: 11X35B(2) W(56.5)Good fresh up. Only fair last week but can improve on the quick back up at odds.
RemarksTrial to Coupland Mile and this is a nice field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 25.20Place1 9 $ 5.40Place2 7 $ 7.00Place3 4 $ 1.00Quinella 7:9 $ 208.10Double 4+/9 $ 78.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - CHRISTCHURCH CASINO SPRING CLASSIC HANDICAPTime: 4:43 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Diorissimo F: 2X422B(3) W(53)( T- S & M Smith )All three runs this prep very good. Building to a win and should be hard to beat today.Main Danger3 Dee And Gee F: 1X693B(4) W(55)( T- Charles/Corbett )Very good without luck last time. Near her best and off last time can go close.Next Best6 Zentessa F: 00X32B(8) W(53)PlacedDividend : $2.50Got home well in both runs this prep. Ran well in this run last time and ready to go well hereInclude in Multis1 Kaharau F: 40114B(13) W(60)Both wins before making trip south good. Decent run here last time and shouldn’t be far away.Longer Odds9 Savapak F: 21X04B(6) W(53)( T- L & R Didham )Good run over 1600 last time and will be suited to 2000 today.
RemarksListed event with many lightweight chances.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 10.50Place1 13 $ 2.90Place2 11 $ 5.30Place3 6 $ 2.50Quinella 11:13 $ 87.80Trifecta 13:11:6 $ 2383.90First4 13:11:6:5 $ 9822.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - PRYDE'S EASIFEEDTime: 5:18 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Leaderboard F: 331X4B(5) W(59)Indicative Odds: $3.40Very good fresh up. Will be fitter for that and looks hard to beat.Main Danger2 I Am A Rock F: 36X12B(4) W(59.5)( T- John Blackadder )Indicative Odds: $5.50Won well fresh up and backed that up with a good second. Jasmine going well on this horse and should run well.Next Best5 Devious F: 54X93B(1) W(58.5)( J- Brett Murray )Indicative Odds: $9.50Poor fresh up better last start and third up ready to go a good run today.Include in Multis3 Kandari F: 143X5B(13) W(59)Indicative Odds: $9.50Improving off every run in his career. Good run fresh up and will be fitter for that.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'16 She's Gallant F: 620X6B(14) W(55.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Mike McCann )Indicative Odds: $12.00Very good fresh up. Had a run since which she was scratched due to gate issues. Can go close up to the mile at odds.
RemarksLast race of a very good program
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%