Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - RACECOURSE HOTEL & MOTOR LODGE SYDENHAM HURDLESTime: 11:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Bad Boy Brown F: X6132B(5) W(67)( T- Harvey Wilson )PlacedDividend : $2.00Good beating a good group of hurdlers three back. Great run for second in Wellington Hurdles, beating Laekeeper He can be aggressive during running but talented and looks the one to beatMain Danger1 Laekeeper F: 3X533B(1) W(70)( J- Emily Farr )( T- Simon Rees )Was too aggressive in the Wellington Hurdles. Won this race last year with 2kg less. If he settles will be hard to beat.Next Best4 El Disparo F: 52981B(6) W(66)( J- Shaun Phelan )( T- Mark Brooks )HB Hurdles track was too good. Easy winner at Te Aroha and will love the track conditions. Looks good chance.Include in Multis2 No Change F: 10541B(2) W(70)( T- Nelson/McDougal )Easy winner of the HB Hurdles. Has had a minor let up since and does struggled on testing ground. Can go close in this.Longer Odds5 Guy Fox F: 63702B(7) W(65)( J- Mathew Gillies )WonDividends : $8.00 $3.10Good race last start at Awapuni. Has struggled at the top grade but looks the best of the rest.
RemarksGood jumping race to start the day. Major lead up to Grand National Steeplechase
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 8.00Place1 5 $ 3.10Place2 3 $ 2.00Quinella 3:5 $ 10.90Trifecta 5:3:4 $ 123.40First4 5:3:4:6 $ 1408.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - EL DOUTE AT STUD CASHMERE PLATETime: 11:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'5 Far Site F: 1B(1) W(56.5)( J- Kin Kwo )( T- Neill Ridley )Very good debut win after some nice trials. Looks hard to beat.Main Danger3 The Gaffin F: 4B(5) W(57)Good run first start on testing ground. Stood in the gates by 5 lengths and beaten under 7 lengths. Jumps with them today has to be very hard to beat.Next Best4 Hasler Lad F: 8X58B(4) W(57)( J- Robert Hannam )Both runs have been good without much luck. Latta has a good record at Riccarton and during carnival time and could be the each way bet here.Include in Multis1 Chuck A Luck F: 34B(2) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.50Good debut and next start was nice enough for fourth. Has to improve a bit to beat Far Site but back on home track.Longer Odds2 Lightning Jack F: 4B(6) W(57)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )PlacedDividend : $2.10Made good ground on debut late. Should handle the track and will improve from his first start.
RemarksFirst flat race of the day and it's a very nice race of promising horses
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 15.10Place1 6 $ 3.60Place2 1 $ 1.50Place3 2 $ 2.10Quinella 1:6 $ 32.90Trifecta 6:1:2 $ 377.90First4 6:1:2:8 $ 4583.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - BRIAN WILSON 51 YEARS A FARRIER PREMIERTime: 12:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Gifted F: X2116B(8) W(58)( J- Tanya Jonker )( T- Taylor Burnett )Very good winning two in a row. Good sixth in the Ashburton Cup. Dropping back in grade and looks a nice each way chance.Main Danger3 Torre Del Greco F: 13231B(5) W(59)( J- Kozzi Asano )PlacedDividend : $1.90In great form loving the Winter tracks. Had a very quiet trial during the week and could be part of a very good week for K.Myers.Next Best8 Red Forest F: 01314B(13) W(57.5)( T- Marilyn Paewai )Racing very well this prep. Won well two back and was good for fourth in a good 3yo race.Include in Multis1 Rock Island Line F: X9541B(12) W(60.5)( J- BB Hong )Built to a good win at New Plymouth from a good ride. Stays in the same grade and gets 3kg off. Can go back to backLonger Odds2 Our Teddy Boy F: 26265B(1) W(59.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Steve Tyler )PlacedDividend : $4.20Racing well. Good run in a tough race last start. Dropping back in grade and I think will be in the finish.
RemarksVery competitive race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 11.50Place1 10 $ 3.80Place2 2 $ 4.20Place3 3 $ 1.90Quinella 2:10 $ 98.10Trifecta 10:2:3 $ 1394.50First4 10:2:3:12 $ 14824.00Treble 5/6/10 $ 1124.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - MANELINE SAFETY TRACKX RACEPLATES MAIDEN STPLTime: 1:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Ooee F: 7X443B(13) W(68)( T- Nelson/McDougal )Looked the winner on Chase debut but got tired late. Will be fitter for the run; only concern is the track.Main Danger6 Mesmerize F: 62185B(4) W(68)( T- Raymond Connors )PlacedDividend : $2.40A horse who has taken a while to win a race. Has struggled over the hurdles of late. But loves the bigger fences and usually runs well.Next Best9 El Fernando F: 24725B(3) W(68)( J- Mathew Gillies )( T- Mark Brooks )Wasn't bad on Chase debut. Will improve from the run and looks to have a good jumping career ahead.Include in Multis5 Macklemore F: 72004B(8) W(68)( J- Emily Farr )( T- John Wheeler )Returning from Aussie. John always had an opinion on this horse and will be a chance hereLonger Odds13 The Great Guru F: 65274B(6) W(68)( J- Shaun Fannin )WonDividends : $9.80 $2.90Good jumper on his day. Bigger fences may help and Shaun has been schooling him. Will be the odds runner
RemarksFirst Steeplechase race of the week
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 9.80Place1 13 $ 2.90Place2 6 $ 2.40Place3 1 $ 4.00Quinella 6:13 $ 48.90Trifecta 13:6:1 $ 1135.50First4 13:6:1:7 $ 8071.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 6, 7, 9, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - YESBERG INSURANCE SERVICES KORAL STEEPLECHASETime: 1:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 It's A Wonder F: 14312B(6) W(65)( J- Shaun Phelan )( T- Harvey Wilson )WonDividends : $4.10 $1.50Got lost at Te Rapa but was very game behind Shamal. This looks to suit this race and if he figures this jumping game out will be hard to beat.Main Danger3 Des De Jeu F: X93L2B(3) W(66)( T- Mark Oulaghan )One of the jumping stars. Talented chaser and without his fall two starts back his form is near faultless. Looks a big hope.Next Best6 Napoleon F: 49114B(7) W(65.5)( J- Shaun Fannin )A good young jumper who form is very good leading into this. Was very plain last start at Te Aroha but his jumping form before that is very good. Had a trial this week to keep him ready for this.Include in Multis1 Crash Bandicoot F: 4X754B(5) W(69)Talented jumper who needed his last start. Will be in the finish and look out next week.Longer Odds5 Doctor Hook F: 154X1B(8) W(65.5)( J- Toni Moki )( T- Adrian Bull )PlacedDividend : $2.30Good winner after more than 2 years off the scene. Looks over the odds.
RemarksThe main lead up to the Grand National Steeplechase in 7 days time
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 4.10Place1 7 $ 1.50Place2 4 $ 2.90Place3 5 $ 2.30Quinella 4:7 $ 26.30Trifecta 7:4:5 $ 299.10First4 7:4:5:1 $ 1275.50Quaddie 6/10/13/7 $ 12241.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - DYER DECORATING PREMIER SPRINTTime: 2:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Heni F: 5345XB(7) W(57.5)( J- Danielle Hirini )( T- Mike Breslin )Lovely honest mare who is the winner of 11. Trial during the week was excellent and looks a great bet on a track she has a good record at (13 - 6 - 5)Main Danger7 Exemplar F: 01111B(6) W(53)Winner of her last 4. Loves being ridden cold. Seems to handle the heavy tracks, well weighted and will be flashing home again.Next Best8 Tabard F: 24542B(5) W(53)PlacedDividend : $1.60Always races well without winning. Comes into this very well weighted and will be in the finish.Include in Multis3 Dynamic F: 76531B(1) W(56)( J- Terry Moseley )PlacedDividend : $3.10Been in the best form he has been in for a while. Won well prior to a good third. Will be in the mix.Longer Odds5 Saber F: 25328B(4) W(53)( J- Tanya Jonker )Just beaten two back. No luck when wide next and will lead and could be hard to pass at big odds.
RemarksVery nice group of up and coming sprinters on the minimum
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 13.80Place1 1 $ 3.40Place2 8 $ 1.60Place3 3 $ 3.10Quinella 1:8 $ 40.70Trifecta 1:8:3 $ 706.80First4 1:8:3:9 $ 3356.60Double 7/1 $ 63.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - GOLD CLUB PREMIERTime: 2:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Dutch Courage F: 25612B(13) W(59.5)( J- Jason Laking )( T- Malcolm Price )Racing very well. Good win two back and his last start second was solid. Won't mind the track and looks a good hope in an even raceMain Danger2 Middagurd F: 0X88XB(6) W(60)( J- Ryan Elliot )WonDividends : $8.50 $3.00Hasn't been the same since his fall. Had a trial during the week that was ok. Was going good this time last year and can return to that form.Next Best1 Frankie The Fox F: 12674B(12) W(60)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Mike McCann )PlacedDividend : $2.40His manners in the race has cost him some wins but racing well enough. I think he will handle the track and will be in the finish.Include in Multis8 Regent Street F: X3341B(5) W(57.5)( J- Rahul Beeharry )( T- Amanda Schwarz )Built to her last start win. Was a good sprint on a heavy track at Wingatui. This is tougher but racing well.Longer Odds15 Iffida F: 85724B(16) W(55.5)( J- Tina Comignaghi )( T- Charles/Corbett )Racing well enough and a bold run would not surprise.
RemarksVery open and hard Quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 8.50Place1 2 $ 3.00Place2 14 $ 5.30Place3 1 $ 2.40Quinella 2:14 $ 75.50Trifecta 2:14:1 $ 1171.50First4 - $ 0.00
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (1) Frankie The Fox(2) Middagurd (3) Dutch CourageR8 (2) Rosewood(11) HerengaweR9 (10) Reliable Glow(14) Ahyum (16) Francesca Kate (17) To Love YouR10 (1) Forged(7) Montserrat (8) Ophelia Lee (10) I'llav Bubbles (11) AnimatorQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 8, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - WINNING EDGE PRESENTATIONS 122ND WINTER CUPTime: 3:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'11 Herengawe F: 40113B(12) W(53)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Joanne Moss )In very good form winning two in a row before a good third in Opunake Cup. Gets in well at the weights and looks a great chanceMain Danger2 Rosewood F: 82192B(1) W(56.5)( T- Marilyn Paewai )PlacedDividend : $1.90She is in great form leading into this. Didn't handle Tauranga in a good field but won well at Awapuni and was very good in Opunake Cup behind Helena Baby. Watch for her storming home.Next Best12 Red Sierra F: 22714B(13) W(53)( J- Samantha Collett )Very honest mare who won well at Otaki before a nice fourth in Opunake Cup. Can figure in the finish.Include in Multis7 Flying Sardine F: 40971B(5) W(53)( J- Corey Campbell )PlacedDividend : $3.90Won the Whyte Handicap at Trentham. Very fit and well travelled could work in her favour.Longer Odds4 Elfee F: 84685B(6) W(54)Made good ground in the Ashburton Cup. Weighted better than recent runs and always race well in this race.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 6.60Place1 9 $ 2.50Place2 2 $ 1.90Place3 7 $ 3.90Quinella 2:9 $ 12.30Trifecta 9:2:7 $ 265.00First4 9:2:7:12 $ 2246.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 7, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - NZB INSURANCE SPONSOR OF PEARL SERIES PREMIERTime: 3:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Reliable Glow F: 13701B(6) W(57.5)Good winning at Timaru from back. I'm expecting another top effort todayMain Danger17 To Love You F: X8413B(8) W(56.5)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Danny Frye )Good win before a very good third making good ground late. Will run another good race.Next Best14 Ahyum F: X5532B(1) W(56.5)( J- Lee Callaway )( T- Champion/Murphy )PlacedDividend : $3.20Never runs a bad race improving off every run and I expect she will be figuring in the finish today.Include in Multis16 Francesca Kate F: X3471B(16) W(56.5)( J- Samantha Collett )Blinkers helped this horse last start. Blinkers could be the key for this runner going two in a row.Longer Odds13 Our Boy Baz F: 52802B(4) W(57.5)( J- Kozzi Asano )Good run at Timaru. Kelvin Tyler usually has a good carnival and this could be value here
RemarksAnother tough race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 9.40Place1 9 $ 3.20Place2 15 $ 6.30Place3 14 $ 3.20Quinella 9:15 $ 97.90Trifecta 9:15:14 $ 1904.50First4 9:15:14:5 $ 4002.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's10, 13, 14, 16, 17RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - SPEIGHT'S PREMIERTime: 4:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Ophelia Lee F: 48823B(6) W(56.5)Starting to race in form. Brings good form into this with two good placings behind Obsessive. Looks a good winning hopeMain Danger1 Forged F: 05544B(14) W(60.5)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Mike McCann )Racing in good form. Nice effort for fourth in Ashburton Cup. Drops in grade and increase in distance looks ideal.Next Best11 Animator F: X0712B(8) W(56)( J- Chris Johnson )( T- Brendon Hawtin )PlacedDividend : $2.40Good run at Taranaki after a good jumping win. Can figure in the finish.Include in Multis7 Montserrat F: 25311B(13) W(57.5)( J- Jacob Lowry )( T- B & S Anderton )In winning form. Jake Lowry knows her well. Handles the track in good form can go close.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'10 I'llav Bubbles F: 8X052B(9) W(56)( J- Kylie Williams )( T- Andrew Carston )Likes off tracks. Good second last start and I expect her to run very well today at good odds.
RemarksTough way to end the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 7.80Place1 5 $ 2.60Place2 3 $ 4.20Place3 11 $ 2.40Quinella 3:5 $ 81.20Trifecta 5:3:11 $ 997.50First4 5:3:11:8 $ 3974.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 7, 8, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%