Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - RICCARTON PARK FUNCTION CENTRE MAIDEN HURDLETime: 11:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Abacus F: 63442B(8) W(68)PlacedDividend : $1.50Knocking on the door after a good placing last time out. Only a matter of time and an in-form jockey is in the saddle. Good chance.Main Danger3 Quaff F: 052F7B(2) W(68)( J- Shaun Phelan )Stablemate to the top pick so betting will be interesting. Recent form has been a touch average but it could bounce back to win the maiden.Next Best5 Revolution F: X6803B(3) W(68)( J- Aaron Kuru )WonDividends : $4.50 $2.10Indicated that a win wouldn't be far off when running third last time out. Aaron Kuru is riding well and he could make the difference.Include in Multis10 Tittletattle F: 6532B(7) W(66)( J- James Seivwright )Made up big ground to run another placing last start. On the rise and it shouldn't take long to break its maiden status. Chance.Longer Odds2 Keyboard Warrior F: 064P2B(6) W(68)( J- Buddy Lammas )( T- Pam Robson )Handy effort last start so consider at odds.
RemarksWide open hurdle to start the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.50Place1 5 $ 2.10Place2 1 $ 1.50Place3 6 $ 4.60Quinella 1:5 $ 6.80Trifecta 5:1:6 $ 205.80First4 5:1:6:8 $ 2242.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - CLASSIC VILLATime: 11:58 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'2 Tabard F: 45422B(9) W(59.5)( J- Rosie Myers )Has its finger on the pulse after placing at its last two starts. Myers will have it ready to fire and the betting suggests it will go well.Main Danger6 Monza Circuito F: 03321B(2) W(54)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Mike McCann )WonDividends : $3.00 $1.50Got the job done nicely last start and that could open the floodgates now. Gets in with only 51kg on the back and has every chance.Next Best1 Showpin F: 11532B(7) W(59.5)( J- BB Hong )( T- T & L Prendergast )Rarely runs a bad race and looked good winning consecutive races earlier this campaign. Gets some weight off its back which is needed.Include in Multis9 Shanzino F: 94413B(10) W(54)Nothing wrong with its form and it just needs to find a half-length to take this out. Chance down in the weights off the inside.Longer Odds10 So Brazen F: 11X79B(6) W(54)( J- Sam Weatherley )Expect better now after two fair efforts.
RemarksNice form race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 3.00Place1 6 $ 1.50Place2 8 $ 1.90Place3 7 $ 2.90Quinella 6:8 $ 10.50Trifecta 6:8:7 $ 120.60First4 6:8:7:2 $ 435.90Double 5/6+ $ 24.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - RACECOURSE HOTEL & MOTOR LODGE STEEPLECHASETime: 12:32 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Mr Enthusiastic F: 53731B(7) W(68.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Got the chocolates last start and could well win again. Has been respected in the market and it should handle conditions nicely.Main Danger6 Ooee F: X4434B(5) W(67)( J- Aaron Kuru )Has been a little behind the eight ball this preparation. Doesn't need to lift much to beat this field and it should go close. Has class.Next Best4 Eion F: 54323B(4) W(67)( J- Buddy Lammas )( T- Ken Duncan )Never far away from the prize but does find it tough to win. It's day in the sun will come soon and we wouldn't rule it out here.Include in Multis3 Who Can Tell F: X8P13B(6) W(68.5)( J- Kayla Veenendaal )Recent form has been solid, which includes a win two back. Backed that up with a strong placing so consider at each-way odds.Longer Odds5 Tell Me More F: 76005B(10) W(67)( J- Shaun Fannin )WonDividends : $15.90 $3.60Better run for fifth last start. Chance at knocking them out.
RemarksLooks a competitive steeplechase
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 15.90Place1 5 $ 3.60Place2 2 $ 1.50Place3 7 $ 4.20Quinella 2:5 $ 41.20Trifecta 5:2:7 $ 1880.50First4 5:2:7:8 $ 3747.10Treble 5/6+/5 $ 510.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - NZB INSURANCETime: 1:07 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'6 Strad F: 31711B(6) W(56.5)( J- Jacob Lowry )( T- Alex Cowan )In career-best form with three wins from its last four starts. Has been well-backed throughout the week and it looks well placed.Main Danger3 Londonderry Air F: 15152B(1) W(58)( J- Jason Laking )Hasn't had much luck this campaign but could easily take out a race like this. Gets a comfortable run off the inside and should threaten them.Next Best5 Look Out F: 06117B(4) W(57)( J- Samantha Collett )PlacedDividend : $3.10Put two wins together earlier. Only fair last start but it can bounce back and be a factor in this race. Include at the odds.Include in Multis2 Albut Me F: 21210B(9) W(58)( J- Sanu Toolooa )( T- K & P Hughes )Faced tough competition last time out in the Winter Cup. On the quick back up and that could help its chances. Too good to ignore.Longer Odds1 The Gordonian F: 23995B(8) W(59)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )( T- Jo-Ann Gordon )Tough customer which is worth including at the odds.
RemarksPlenty of form runners lining up here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 5.20Place1 7 $ 1.90Place2 5 $ 3.10Place3 4 $ 2.60Quinella 5:7 $ 33.90Trifecta 7:5:4 $ 527.00First4 7:5:4:3 $ 2964.40Double 5/7 $ 142.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - NAUTICAL INSURANCE GRAND NATIONAL AMATEUR CHAMPSTime: 1:42 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Karm 'N' Easy F: 26001B(4) W(69)( J- Jacqui Fillmore )( T- K & A Tyler )Comes into this with a last-start win and that should have the horse in good stead. Nice odds on offer and punters could cash in.Main Danger2 Itemize F: 0X631B(6) W(68.5)( J- Emma Anderton )Built nicely towards the win last time out and that bodes well for this. Nothing wrong with that form and it should go close.Next Best8 Sir Ritchie F: FX582B(7) W(67)( J- Scotty MacNab )PlacedDividend : $1.90Capable rider in the saddle which always helps in these races. Indicated a return to winning form when running second last start.Include in Multis3 Maestro Blu F: 8X621B(9) W(68.5)( J- Scott Wenn )( T- Simon Rees )WonDividends : $2.70 $1.50Scott Wenn is a solid rider and it hit form last time out when winning. Short in the market is the only negative.Longer Odds4 Nathan Detroit F: 81844B(3) W(68)( J- Martin Dunne )( T- Pam Robson )PlacedDividend : $2.60Has been just around the mark and it has upset credentials.
RemarksThe amateur riders races can always throw up some results
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 2.70Place1 3 $ 1.50Place2 8 $ 1.90Place3 4 $ 2.60Quinella 3:8 $ 8.20Trifecta 3:8:4 $ 74.50First4 3:8:4:5 $ 790.50Quaddie 6+/5/7/3+ $ 4266.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - ELMWOOD TRADING CO MAIDENTime: 2:17 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Cee Sharp F: 3X252B(7) W(56.5)( J- Sam Weatherley )PlacedDividend : $2.20Looks set to break through after two second placings from three starts this campaign. Drawn well enough and there's good money for it.Main Danger12 Floral Art F: 66X42B(1) W(56.5)( T- Peter Didham )WonDividends : $4.30 $1.90Won't take long to exit maiden grades after its run for second last time out. Chris Johnson rides and his patience works in a big field like this.Next Best11 Figeameout F: 56472B(18) W(56.5)( T- Lance Robinson )Turned around some fairly moderate form with a good second placing coming into this. Drawn the car park so needs luck but include.Include in Multis5 Password F: 5XB(9) W(58.5)( J- Corey Campbell )( T- Harvey Wilson )Showed some ability on debut before being put away. Has been specked in the market which is a positive sign. Chance.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'1 Ajay Lincoln F: 80X63B(17) W(58.5)( J- Robert Hannam )Only going to improve with more racing under the belt. Chance from out deep.
RemarksMassive field with massive value
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 4.30Place1 12 $ 1.90Place2 4 $ 5.10Place3 10 $ 2.20Quinella 4:12 $ 41.00Trifecta 12:4:10 $ 443.10First4 12:4:10:5 $ 1844.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 10, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - MCMILLAN EQUINE MAIDENTime: 2:52 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Blue F: 64B(7) W(58.5)( J- Jason Laking )( T- Ross Beckett )Has had its chances at its first two starts, but should be fitter now. Drawn well and Jason Laking should put it into a good position.Main Danger6 Pure Class F: 633B(12) W(56.5)( J- Rahul Beeharry )( T- Kenny Moore )WonDividends : $4.20 $2.00Warming up after consecutive third placings. Drawn wide but the jockey is in good form and the claim helps. Nice odds.Next Best4 She'll Cat Choux F: 6X333B(9) W(56.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Ashley Frye )Has a win in store sometime this winter. Has looked good running three straight third placings and could improve here.Include in Multis5 Faux Pas F: X8442B(4) W(56.5)( T- Sharon Robertson )Has improved nicely since running eighth fresh up. Indicated a win wouldn't be far off when running second last start. Include.Longer Odds12 Athene F: 7B(13) W(56.5)( J- BB Hong )( T- Neill Ridley )PlacedDividend : $8.40Chance to improve on its debut effort. Good chance to score an upset.
RemarksAnother big field for the maiden contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 4.20Place1 6 $ 2.00Place2 9 $ 6.30Place3 12 $ 8.40Quinella 6:9 $ 52.50Trifecta 6:9:12 $ 2379.30First4 6:9:12:11 $ 5328.90Double 6+/7 $ 89.40
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (2) Blue(4) She'll Cat Choux (6) Pure ClassR8 (1) Laekeeper(3) Bad Boy Brown (4) Guy Fox (8) The Great GuruR9 (1) Raise You Five(10) Jildi Jildi (11) SpectraR10 (4) Lincoln Hills(6) Miss Brahmos (8) Torre Del Greco (10) Paddy BourkeQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 6, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - HOSPITALITY NZ CBRY 130TH GRAND NATIONAL HURDLESTime: 3:29 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Guy Fox F: 37021B(4) W(65)( J- Kayla Veenendaal )PlacedDividend : $1.80Looks made for this race after scoring a quality win last time out. Nice odds on offer and it will give punters a good sight.Main Danger1 Laekeeper F: X533LB(1) W(68)( T- Simon Rees )Came down last Saturday and that's the only worry. The best horse in the race but the confidence may have taken a hit. Should still go close.Next Best3 Bad Boy Brown F: 61322B(3) W(65.5)( J- Isaac Lupton )( T- Harvey Wilson )PlacedDividend : $1.40Has been battling on gamely all season and could cap it off with a big win. Has attracted plenty of attention in the market so keep safe.Include in Multis8 The Great Guru F: 52741B(2) W(65)( J- Shaun Fannin )Could be the new horse on the scene. Good win last time out and Shaun Fannin could get it over the line. Include in the mix.Longer Odds9 Adequacy F: 14152B(6) W(65)( J- Mathew Cropp )( T- K & A Tyler )Form reads well and if sees out the distance, it could get some of the prize.
RemarksShould be another great edition of the Grand National Hurdles
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 20.20Place1 7 $ 3.90Place2 3 $ 1.40Place3 4 $ 1.80Quinella 3:7 $ 41.20Trifecta 7:3:4 $ 350.40First4 7:3:4:8 $ 4091.50Double 6+/7 $ 89.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - HOTELIERS CHALLENGE MAIDENTime: 4:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Jildi Jildi F: 30X42B(10) W(56.5)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- Sarah Haisma )Looks set for a nice race following a last-start placing. Good odds on offer and it should give punters a good sight. Nice hope.Main Danger11 Spectra F: 62575B(2) W(56.5)( T- Terry Kennedy )WonDividends : $8.00 $2.80Has been around the mark throughout its career but can't seem to win. Has Johnson in the saddle and it could exit maiden grades.Next Best1 Raise You Five F: 43X98B(9) W(58.5)( J- Jacob Lowry )Two starts this time in have been poor, but it's better than that. Drawn a touch wide but has time to find cover. Include in win bets.Include in Multis4 Wholetthefoxout F: 60X34B(12) W(58.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )Hasn't done much wrong since resuming. Has upside and could score an overdue maiden win with the right run throughout.Longer Odds2 Steele Canyon F: 72436B(3) W(58.5)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Danny Crozier )PlacedDividend : $4.50Never all that far away. Include at double-figure odds.
RemarksAnother maiden but another good race for punters
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 8.00Place1 11 $ 2.80Place2 2 $ 4.50Place3 8 $ 5.70Quinella 2:11 $ 56.60Trifecta 11:2:8 $ 1878.20First4 11:2:8:1 $ 6166.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - LINDAUERTime: 4:39 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Lincoln Hills F: 14215B(7) W(55.5)Nice type which was too good for them two back. Has multiple wins this winter and could add another here.Main Danger6 Miss Brahmos F: 52481B(5) W(54.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Terri Rae )Scored an overdue win with ease last start. Could kick on with it now and repeat the dose. Right in this.Next Best10 Paddy Bourke F: 72222B(1) W(54)( J- Lisa Allpress )( T- Mark Oulaghan )Four consecutive second placings coming into this. Good chance to go one better and reward loyal punters.Include in Multis8 Torre Del Greco F: 32313B(4) W(54)( J- Kozzi Asano )Drops down to 50kg with the claim and it's a dangerous type at those weights. Deserves to win another race.Longer Odds3 Saber F: 53288B(8) W(59)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )PlacedDividend : $6.70Good enough to cause an upset.
RemarksLooks a good form race to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 12.00Place1 9 $ 3.00Place2 3 $ 6.70Place3 7 $ 4.10Quinella 3:9 $ 67.40Trifecta 9:3:7 $ 2262.20First4 9:3:7:8 $ 26394.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 6, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%