Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - CHRISTCHURCH CASINO PREMIERTime: 12:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Mondorani F: 26556B(2) W(54)( J- Kozzi Asano )PlacedDividend : $1.30Too heavy last time. Prior form very good and at the weights looks the one to beatMain Danger1 Frankie The Fox F: 33311B(5) W(59)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Mike McCann )PlacedDividend : $1.60Very consistent and has won last two. No reason he can't go back to backNext Best8 Pop 'n' Rock F: 60002B(7) W(54)( J- Kylie Williams )( T- T & L Prendergast )Relegated last start after winning and in a similar race hereInclude in Multis6 To Love You F: 21177B(8) W(55)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- Danny Frye )Only fair last time. Put two together well and should get a piece of it.Longer Odds3 Sitarist F: 16704B(1) W(56.5)( J- Tina Comignaghi )( T- J & K Parsons )WonDividends : $6.90 $2.00Wasn't bad on Sunday and can figure in the finish
RemarksFirst of a great Carnival
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 6.90Place1 3 $ 2.00Place2 7 $ 1.30Place3 1 $ 1.60Quinella 3:7 $ 8.80Trifecta 3:7:1 $ 73.30First4 3:7:1:6 $ 352.70Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - GARRARDS HORSE & HOUND PREMIERTime: 12:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Nellie Bly F: L5322B(4) W(57)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )WonDividends : $4.90 $2.10Been in very good form. Just beaten after storming home over 1200. !400 today and looks hard to beat.Main Danger5 Hee's Our Secret F: 59X44B(1) W(57.5)( J- Kozzi Asano )( T- Andrew Carston )PlacedDividend : $1.80Likely to get back even from the draw. Making good ground over 1200 and the distance suits here.Next Best3 Awesome Al F: 6X853B(8) W(57.5)( T- Benner/Wynyard )Good third last time. Nice before then and some stable confidence.Include in Multis2 Tryfan F: 16333B(6) W(58)Going well since arriving south and looks well placed in today's raceLonger Odds9 Pinup Coup F: 517X5B(3) W(57)Tough run fresh up. Talented mare who can run well at decent odds here
RemarksNot the biggest field and lacks value
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 4.90Place1 8 $ 2.10Place2 6 $ 2.10Place3 5 $ 1.80Quinella 6:8 $ 14.40Trifecta 8:6:5 $ 124.80First4 8:6:5:9 $ 1094.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - DAKINS GROUP PREMIER MAIDENTime: 1:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Savvy Lad F: 22B(4) W(57)WonDividends : $3.40 $1.40Good on debut. Very good for second last start and the distance makes him hard to beat here.Main Danger1 Capodanno F: 222B(15) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Another who has only ran second in all career starts to date. Just beaten in all three. May need to do some work from the gateNext Best3 Albaron F: 85X43B(12) W(58.5)Good fresh up. Didn't get all favours at New Plymouth and could add to Kevin's total this CarnivalInclude in Multis2 Sligo F: X50X3B(11) W(58.5)( T- Neill Ridley )Been close without winning one. Good fresh up and should be close today.Longer Odds14 Our Girl Gilly F: 55B(10) W(56.5)Nice run on debut. Good on Sunday when making good ground from back. McNab on and looks a longer odds runner here
RemarksGreat these 30k maidens and look at the field sizes.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.40Place1 7 $ 1.40Place2 1 $ 1.60Place3 16 $ 6.30Quinella 1:7 $ 4.20Trifecta 7:1:16 $ 118.30First4 7:1:16:6 $ 2284.50Treble 3/8+/7 $ 139.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 7, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - AVONHEAD TAVERN PREMIERTime: 1:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'10 Tee Cee Coup F: 1215XB(4) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $1.90Showed plenty at three over sprint distances. Been set for this race and looks a good bet.Main Danger11 Woodcote Lass F: 1X130B(7) W(54.5)( T- Stephen Autridge )WonDividends : $3.50 $1.60Talented 3 year old filly whose been freshened since War Decree Stakes. Can figure in the finishNext Best5 Desert Magic F: 28X71B(1) W(57.5)( T- Mike Breslin )Won nicely on heavy ground last time. From the draw should be in the money.Include in Multis6 Magnify F: 52731B(10) W(57.5)Blinkers done the trick last start. Suited to sprinting and watch for a quick burst.Longer Odds9 Pipiana F: 73X90B(8) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $4.70Better than her forms read. Third up and could run well at odds
RemarksSmall but open sprint field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 3.50Place1 11 $ 1.60Place2 9 $ 4.70Place3 10 $ 1.90Quinella 9:11 $ 49.20Trifecta 11:9:10 $ 322.50First4 11:9:10:6 $ 1070.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 6, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - YESBERG INSURANCE SERVICES PEGASUS STAKESTime: 2:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Don Carlo F: 1122XB(9) W(58)( J- Kylie Williams )( T- Michael Daly )Very good sprinter 18 months ago. On recovery from injury and off his trials he can make it a winning return.Main Danger4 Sensei F: 2130XB(5) W(58)WonDividends : $5.20 $2.00Talented sprinter fresh up. Have been very good at the trials and will run a bold race freshNext Best10 Sheezallmine F: 47X10B(2) W(53)( J- Samantha Wynne )( T- Daniel Miller )PlacedDividend : $3.00Won nicely fresh. Gates manners cost her next. Jumps today has to be a chanceInclude in Multis5 Disturbance F: 135X5B(1) W(57.5)( T- Kennedy/Furlong )Nice run for fifth fresh up. Will be fitter and can go well in this.Longer Odds12 Vinnie's Volley F: 58X24B(6) W(53)Good fresh up too keen next. On minimum and 1000m suits
RemarksFirst Stakes race of the Carnival
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 5.20Place1 4 $ 2.00Place2 10 $ 3.00Place3 3 $ 3.10Quinella 4:10 $ 31.00Trifecta 4:10:3 $ 470.50First4 4:10:3:8 $ 4822.70Quaddie 8+/7/11+/4 $ 257.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - ENERGY EVENTS CENTRE ROTORUA PREMIERTime: 3:03 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'5 Duke Of Plumpton F: 2X411B(2) W(55.5)Very easy winner at Wellington. This looks a weaker race and if he travels down well he should win again.Main Danger4 Upperhand F: X1683B(5) W(56.5)( J- Jacob Lowry )( T- Brian Court )PlacedDividend : $2.00Drops back in grade after a good third and the same performance see this horse in the moneyNext Best2 Albut Me F: 10719B(1) W(59)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- K & P Hughes )PlacedDividend : $2.00Likely leader. Poor last time but if he's on top of his game. Can run well although he has been up a long time.Include in Multis3 Remington F: 3X776B(8) W(59)( T- Jamie Richards )Getting better each run this prep. Was in outstanding form 12 months back and could be near his best.Longer Odds1 Shadow King F: 400X5B(4) W(59.5)Very good fresh up and always run good at this carnival.
RemarksSmall field but our top pick looks a good bet
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 11.70Place1 7 $ 2.60Place2 2 $ 2.00Place3 4 $ 2.00Quinella 2:7 $ 35.60Trifecta 7:2:4 $ 354.40First4 7:2:4:5 $ 1121.80Double 4/7 $ 29.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - AL BASTI EQUIWORLD 47TH NEW ZEALAND 2000 GUINEASTime: 3:43 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Catalyst F: 1X111B(2) W(56.5)( T- Clayton Chipperfield )WonDividends : $1.20 $1.00Dominant winner of El Roca Trophy, Whangarei Breeders and HB Guineas. Looks to do the sameMain Danger3 Callsign Mav F: 1612B(4) W(56.5)( J- Craig Grylls )Chased hard behind Catalyst in HB Guineas. Will be doing the same today.Next Best2 Harlech F: 3X121B(11) W(56.5)( T- Moroney/Gerard )PlacedDividend : $2.40Talented colt who was good winning Sarten last time. Wide draw today is less than idealInclude in Multis4 Sherwood Forest F: 7X151B(1) W(56.5)( T- Tony Pike )PlacedDividend : $2.70Good winning War Decree stakes last start and looks a good chance today.Longer Odds6 Run To Perfection F: 212B(3) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )Made huge ground in the Sarten. Suited by the mile and a very good place bet.
RemarksGroup 1 feature with Superstar Catalyst
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 1.20Place1 1 $ 1.00Place2 2 $ 2.40Place3 4 $ 2.70Quinella 1:2 $ 4.40Trifecta 1:2:4 $ 26.50First4 1:2:4:6 $ 92.40Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (1) CatalystR8 (1) The Swiss Maestro(2) Clooney (9) Fascino Lass (14) On ShowR9 (5) Felaar(7) Duplicity (8) Zentessa (9) King Of The DanceR10 (2) Roll The Dice(3) I Am A Rock (13) GlossQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - GOLD CLUB PREMIERTime: 4:23 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Clooney F: 5X203B(4) W(59.5)( J- Terry Moseley )( T- B & R Wilson )WonDividends : $6.40 $2.30Good fresh up. Second up syndrome next and was good again for third last start. I expect him to run very well in this.Main Danger14 On Show F: 1X360B(5) W(55)( J- Craig Grylls )3 year old filly who is stepping back from Stakes level. On speed horse who is good in the sprint races.Next Best1 The Swiss Maestro F: 107X0B(9) W(60)PlacedDividend : $3.40Needed resuming run. Back to 65 where he has won during Wellington Cup Carnival. Wouldn't surprise if he ran really well today.Include in Multis5 Somewhere Man F: 221X5B(3) W(59)( T- Josh Shaw )Went a good race fresh up for fifth. Will be fitter for the run and should run nicelyLonger Odds9 Fascino Lass F: 222X2B(14) W(57)( J- Jason Laking )( T- L & R Didham )PlacedDividend : $5.30In great form last prep and moved into this prep. Hardest race she been in for a while but off the form can discount.
RemarksGood 2nd leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 6.40Place1 2 $ 2.30Place2 1 $ 3.40Place3 9 $ 5.30Quinella 1:2 $ 32.40Trifecta 2:1:9 $ 823.50First4 2:1:9:14 $ 2848.90Double 1+/2 $ 7.40Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 9, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - REDWOOD METROPOLITAN TROPHY HANDICAPTime: 5:03 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Duplicity F: 58062B(7) W(56.5)( T- Ashley Meadows )WonDividends : $5.80 $2.40Good second in Feilding Cup. Looks on track and looks one of the main hopes.Main Danger8 Zentessa F: 0X323B(5) W(55)( T- Kennedy/Furlong )Talented staying mare who was good in the Spring Classic and looks nicely suited to 2500mNext Best5 Felaar F: 6X069B(9) W(58)( J- Samantha Wynne )( T- Stephen Marsh )Had no form when running second last year. Been running on and the 2500 suitsInclude in Multis1 Dee And Gee F: X6935B(6) W(59)( T- Charles/Corbett )PlacedDividend : $3.80Last years winner of this race. Top weight less than ideal but good two back and looked on track. Ok last start but looks ready for the distanceLonger OddsThe 'Best Roughie'9 King Of The Dance F: 12312B(3) W(55)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Charles/Corbett )Been in very honest form who was excellent last start in Spring Classic. At good odds here
RemarksMain led up to the NZ Cup
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 5.80Place1 7 $ 2.40Place2 1 $ 3.80Place3 11 $ 2.90Quinella 1:7 $ 40.60Trifecta 7:1:11 $ 577.60First4 7:1:11:3 $ 7153.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - BLUE STAR TAXIS PREMIERTime: 5:41 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 I Am A Rock F: 6X123B(7) W(59.5)( J- Jason Laking )( T- John Blackadder )Has been super all three runs this prep. Won very impressively fresh up. Good second just beaten. Very good third up and looks a good chance hereMain Danger13 Gloss F: 06342B(6) W(56.5)Been racing very well. Good second last start and looks nicely placed hereNext Best2 Roll The Dice F: 04X06B(1) W(60)( T- Benner/Wynyard )Stepping back in grade. Ran nicely on a track that didn't suit. Back on better ground todayInclude in Multis7 Billy Mav F: 43145B(4) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.40Made good ground on the fence at Te Rapa. Unlucky two back and should run very well today.Longer Odds12 Splendior F: 5X824B(13) W(57)( J- Corey Campbell )( T- S & M Smith )Good second two back. Good behind Leaderboard last time and is at longer odds
RemarksOpen field to end the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 11.00Place1 5 $ 3.40Place2 9 $ 9.20Place3 7 $ 2.40Quinella 5:9 $ 224.20Trifecta 5:9:7 $ 2624.40First4 5:9:7:12 $ 13227.20Double 7/5 $ 66.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 7, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%