Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACE MAIDEN 1200Time: 1:02 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Just A Girl F: 97X32B(3) W(57)( T- Danny Crozier )Back-to-back placings coming into this race, which is good form. Drawn well and it gets the services of Chris Johnson. Top chance.Main Danger1 Exclaim F: 24344B(1) W(57.5)( J- Yong Chew )( T- Lance Robinson )PlacedDividend : $1.80Right around the mark its entire career. Gets the inside draw and it gets a valuable 4kg off its back. Goes close.Next Best7 Sombra Deamor F: 525X9B(12) W(57)Didn't fire last time out but it showed enough form last preparation to warrant attention. In-form jockey rides.Include in Multis6 Clubcard F: X4394B(5) W(57)Handy placing three back and it returned to good form last start. Capable of producing a winning effort.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'5 Our Rosette F: 00327B(4) W(57)WonDividends : $14.00 $3.40Speedy on its day and it could run well at double-figure odds.
RemarksOpen maiden to kick off the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 14.00Place1 5 $ 3.40Place2 1 $ 1.80Place3 9 $ 3.20Quinella 1:5 $ 35.40Trifecta 5:1:9 $ 920.70First4 5:1:9:10 $ 2911.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - PUNTERS CHALLENGE 4 APRIL - ENTER NOW 1200Time: 1:37 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Mediterranean Star F: 34262B(6) W(60)Should have won more races but gets its chance to do so here. 2kg comes off the back and this race is there for the taking.Main Danger4 Rocket Ship F: 145B(5) W(57)( T- K & P Hughes )Impressive winner on debut before running a couple of good races. Drawn well, weighted well, and it shouldn't be far away.Next Best7 Skaaboom F: 393X4B(4) W(56.5)( T- John Blackadder )WonDividends : $5.50 $1.90Could go boom here after showing good fight fresh up. Each-way odds available and it could go close.Include in Multis9 Miss Tilly Winks F: 13776B(9) W(55.5)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- Russell McKay )Better than what it has been showing its last few starts. Gets an in-form rider in the saddle and it can make the difference.Longer Odds10 Sainted Pearl F: 8600XB(11) W(55)( J- Yong Chew )( T- L & R Didham )Owns upset claims. Drops to 51kg, which is a big help.
RemarksIt's a competitive field with nice odds throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 5.50Place1 7 $ 1.90Place2 2 $ 3.20Place3 5 $ 2.80Quinella 2:7 $ 34.10Trifecta 7:2:5 $ 556.10First4 7:2:5:8 $ 5463.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 7, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - DAPHNE BANNAN MEMORIAL 1800Time: 2:12 | Distance: 1800m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Pop 'n' Rock F: 32766B(5) W(56.5)( J- Kylie Williams )( T- T & L Prendergast )Small field helps its chances and we could see a turnaround in form. Likely to sit just off the speed and come with a good run.Main Danger1 Pinup Coup F: 46333B(2) W(59)PlacedDividend : $1.50Owns the most talent in this race but continues to find a couple better than it. Claim helps and punters are confident of a good run.Next Best3 Red River Rock F: 04130B(1) W(56.5)( T- Andrew Carston )Gets back in the run, which can be tricky in these small fields. Has the talent to win and we wouldn't be surprised if it did.Longer Odds5 Shock And Awe F: X6180B(3) W(54)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- Bruce Tapper )More than capable after dropping to 53kg in the weights.
RemarksSmall field but it could turn into a very good race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 13.20Place1 6 $ 4.00Place2 1 $ 1.50Quinella 1:6 $ 12.60Trifecta 6:1:5 $ 97.00First4 6:1:5:3 $ 356.10Double 7/6 $ 62.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - CANTERBURY EQUINE CLINIC MAIDEN 1800Time: 2:47 | Distance: 1800m | Prize $
- Top Pick13 Zipitsweetie F: 8382B(10) W(56)WonDividends : $2.10 $1.30Punters have to take short odds but that was a nice performance last start. Looks set to break maiden grades soon and it could come here.Main Danger1 Five Princes F: 95223B(7) W(58.5)( T- Centaine Spittles )Had every chance to win last start but couldn't run down the winner. It will break maiden grades soon and the odds are generous.Next Best12 Vivace Lady F: 78220B(2) W(56)( T- Kennedy/Furlong )Needs to rebound after showing very little last time out. Form prior was good, which included back-to-back placings. Chance.Include in Multis11 Star Wars Princess F: 03696B(8) W(56.5)( J- Corey Campbell )( T- Suzanne McCarty )The force isn't the strongest, but strong enough to cause an upset. Has shown glimpses of form good enough to take it out.Longer Odds3 Mr Fahrenheit F: 44557B(9) W(58.5)( T- Stephanie Clark )Always there or there abouts. Include at the odds.
RemarksMost of the money coming for the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 2.10Place1 13 $ 1.30Place2 9 $ 6.60Place3 6 $ 6.00Quinella 9:13 $ 32.50Trifecta 13:9:6 $ 607.20First4 13:9:6:1 $ 4826.60Quaddie 5/7/6/13+ $ 9428.20
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR4 (1) Five Princes(13) ZipitsweetieR5 (1) Hombre(6) Keep Quiet (9) Recommended Flight (10) AtheneR6 (1) Effervescent(6) Baby Menaka (7) Sure IsR7 (1) Augustace(2) Charlie Awesome (3) Highly UnlikelyQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 11, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - CLARE YARDLEY BARRISTER MAIDEN 1400Time: 3:21 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Hombre F: 95242B(8) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Went close last start and it looks a good chance of finally breaking through. A good ride from Johnson should get it home.Main Danger6 Keep Quiet F: 6XB(5) W(58)( T- Andrew Carston )Went fairly on debut before being immediately spelled. Should come back a stronger type and there is specking in the market.Next Best10 Athene F: 5X563B(13) W(56.5)( T- Neill Ridley )WonDividends : $6.60 $2.20Improving effort when third last start. Starting to put it all together now and it only needs luck from the wide draw.Include in Multis9 Recommended Flight F: 40534B(14) W(56.5)( T- Ross Beckett )Always around the mark and it's more than capable of winning this race. Shouldn't be left out.Longer Odds4 Mr Tool F: 48X47B(9) W(58.5)( T- Fiona Robertson )Gets a claim and that will help. Worth adding at the price.
RemarksAnother open maiden field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 6.60Place1 10 $ 2.20Place2 1 $ 1.50Place3 5 $ 8.40Quinella 1:10 $ 8.20Trifecta 10:1:5 $ 458.30First4 10:1:5:7 $ 4814.70Double 13+/10 $ 9.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 6, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - WALKER DAVEY SEARELLS LTD CHARTERED ACCTS. 2000Time: 3:57 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Effervescent F: 75821B(10) W(59)( J- Brett Murray )PlacedDividend : $1.70Coming off a win and that form could continue. Drawn a touch wide but it looks set to go well again. Odds are fair given its form.Main Danger7 Sure Is F: 03002B(6) W(55)Not the most consistent type but it's coming off a nice effort to run second. Nicely weighted and it looks well-placed to score.Next Best6 Baby Menaka F: 043X5B(4) W(55.5)( J- Corey Campbell )WonDividends : $5.30 $2.00Did enough fresh up to be considered as a winning chance. Drops down in weight and it's another type that could go to the next level.Include in Multis5 Run Forrest Run F: 07726B(9) W(56)( J- Rahul Beeharry )( T- Stephanie Clark )Can run on its day. Valuable 3kg comes off its back and that could be all it needs to win. Worth including.Longer Odds3 Jack Be Quick F: 55310B(8) W(58)Was quick two starts back, so consider on that effort.
RemarksEach-way odds throughout the field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 5.30Place1 6 $ 2.00Place2 1 $ 1.70Place3 10 $ 3.70Quinella 1:6 $ 13.70Trifecta 6:1:10 $ 232.80First4 6:1:10:3 $ 1512.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - RACECOURSE HOTEL & MOTOR LODGE 1600Time: 4:37 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Charlie Awesome F: 19064B(6) W(58.5)Form has been a touch inconsistent but the ability is there. Has a claimer riding and everything helps. Nice chance.Main Danger1 Augustace F: 80232B(2) W(60)( T- Sharon Robertson )PlacedDividend : $1.80Three consecutive placings coming into this race. Another with a claimer in the saddle and it deserves a winning turn.Next Best3 Highly Unlikely F: 02339B(7) W(58)Looking to bounce back after battling last start. Form prior was good and we're expecting it to be right in the thick of the finish.Include in Multis5 Ataahuadreamsrfree F: 05207B(1) W(56.5)( J- BB Hong )( T- Neill Ridley )PlacedDividend : $2.00Looked handy when first starting off. Form has tapered off a touch of late, but it gets all favours off the inside draw.Longer Odds7 Miss Tanira F: 63085B(5) W(54.5)( T- Bruce Tapper )Could add some value at odds.
RemarksMost of the money at the top of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 9.60Place1 4 $ 2.60Place2 1 $ 1.80Place3 5 $ 2.00Quinella 1:4 $ 27.60Trifecta 4:1:5 $ 335.00First4 4:1:5:9 $ 4852.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%