Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - HYGAIN/MITAVITE PREMIERTime: 11:40 | Distance: 2000m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Smiling Assassin F: 99345B(9) W(60.5)Not in winning form but it hasn't been too far behind them. Big weight but has the class edge and should run well.Main Danger9 Upscale F: 14226B(8) W(56.5)( J- Dylan Turner )( T- Danny Crozier )Has always threatened to win a few more races than it is. Consecutive placings before running sixth last start so include.Next Best8 The Lustre F: 2P321B(3) W(56.5)( T- Robert Dennis )Comes into this on the back of a deserved win and that form should stack up nicely. Gets a good run from the draw.Include in Multis4 Red Rose Warrior F: 12703B(1) W(58)Not the most consistent type but it has the ability to beat this field. Drawn the rail and it should kick nicely in the straight.Longer Odds7 Princess El Jay F: 88716B(4) W(57)Has upset credentials, as shown two back when winning.
RemarksEven and big betting field in the first
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 11.30Place1 3 $ 3.30Place2 6 $ 4.70Place3 10 $ 7.60Quinella 3:6 $ 104.90Trifecta 3:6:10 $ 3088.00First4 3:6:10:1 $ 1842.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - BLUE STAR TAXIS PREMIERTime: 12:10 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Almo Costa F: 31B(16) W(59)( T- Mike Breslin )Drawn wide so it's going to need to cover some ground, but it comes into this off a win. Looks a nice type in the making.Main Danger1 Irish Express F: 46631B(14) W(59.5)( T- Ellis Winsloe )WonDividends : $5.40 $2.30Capped off some solid form with a win last start. Would prefer slightly wetter conditions but the confidence is up so don't discount.Next Best8 Thom Brown F: 66X43B(3) W(58)( T- Steven Woodsford )Comes into this nicely on the back of two good showings. Improving this campaign and another tidy effort should be on the cards.Include in Multis5 The Growler F: 85324B(17) W(59)( J- Jason Laking )( T- L & R Didham )PlacedDividend : $2.10Hasn't won for awhile now and although drawn wide, there has been good money come. Looks an each-way chance.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'10 Gloss F: 20922B(7) W(57)( J- Jillian Morris )Not far off a win after consecutive second placings. Worth including.
RemarksTalented field with winning form throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.40Place1 1 $ 2.30Place2 11 $ 5.80Place3 5 $ 2.10Quinella 1:11 $ 84.00Trifecta 1:11:5 $ 767.20First4 1:11:5:17 $ 6925.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - EL DOUTE RISING STARS PREMIERTime: 12:44 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Morweka F: 12271B(3) W(54.5)( T- Terri Rae )WonDividends : $2.50 $1.40Scored a deserved win last time out and it's the type that could kick on with it. Drawn well and Lisa Allpress has hit form.Main Danger13 Clara F: X3121B(8) W(54)( T- Terri Rae )Meets a tough field here but that was an impressive win last time out. 54kg with Johnson on the back is ideal. Goes close again.Next Best8 On Point F: 181X4B(4) W(56.5)( T- Lance Robinson )PlacedDividend : $2.10Was always going to need a run to get fit this campaign. Got that under the belt last start and it could add some value at nice odds.Include in Multis11 Czarista F: 71310B(10) W(54)( T- Mark Harris )Needs to lift a touch after a disappointing run last time out. Win prior was good and it could run a good race at nice odds.Longer Odds12 Vendima F: 61067B(1) W(54)( J- Doni Prastiyou )PlacedDividend : $5.30Has ability to cause an upset and we wouldn't overlook its chances.
RemarksPlenty of form in this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 2.50Place1 10 $ 1.40Place2 12 $ 5.30Place3 8 $ 2.10Quinella 10:12 $ 34.50Trifecta 10:12:8 $ 325.30First4 10:12:8:7 $ 2543.50Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's8, 10, 11, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - FAREWELL PROM QUEENTime: 1:17 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Suggestive Loox F: 22430B(12) W(57.5)Might not have the most attractive form in this race but it's a talented type. Has some quality wins on the board and it could add another.Main Danger6 Funny Face F: X2215B(6) W(56.5)( J- Corey Campbell )( T- Lance Robinson )Got the job done nicely two back and was making ground last time out. Gets some weight off its back and that all helps.Next Best2 Little Flick F: 1X42B(2) W(57.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )Lacking experience but not lacking in ability. Won on debut nicely and has returned to form with a good last-start placing.Include in Multis4 Titanium Jack F: 02198B(14) W(57.5)( J- Doni Prastiyou )Last couple of starts have been moderate but it's better than that. Might get a drag into the race and storm home late.Longer Odds12 She's Gallant F: 010X6B(1) W(56)( T- Mike McCann )PlacedDividend : $4.90Gets the inside draw and some weight off its back. Worth including.
RemarksNo clear favourite in this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 11.70Place1 8 $ 3.40Place2 12 $ 4.90Place3 7 $ 2.90Quinella 8:12 $ 100.70Trifecta 8:12:7 $ 1498.50First4 8:12:7:13 $ 3593.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 6, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - BERKLEY STUD CHAMPAGNE STAKESTime: 1:52 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'5 All About Magic F: 5112B(9) W(54.5)WonDividends : $2.20 $1.10Didn't lose any admirers when running second last start and its form prior was top notch. Gets a light weight and it should be going close.Main Danger2 Light Up F: 1B(7) W(56.5)( T- Mike Breslin )Scored a good debut win and it has a few more wins in store. Drawn nicely and it should be going close.Next Best6 Our Rosette F: 55323B(8) W(54.5)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )Beaten as the odds-on chance last time out but it might benefit from the bigger field here. Carries a light weight.Include in Multis4 Buck Shellfish F:B(6) W(56.5)( T- Sabin Kirkland )PlacedDividend : $2.10This stable knows how to get them ready. There's some good betting support and that's a good sign. Goes into the mix.Longer Odds8 Kitty Power F: 4B(5) W(54.5)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- K & A Tyler )Tough field but it ran nicely on debut.
RemarksThere's some nice types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.20Place1 5 $ 1.10Place2 9 $ 7.60Place3 4 $ 2.10Quinella 5:9 $ 46.90Trifecta 5:9:4 $ 297.40First4 5:9:4:3 $ 3085.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - ANGUS MEATS GREAT AUTUMN PREMIERTime: 2:26 | Distance: 2500m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Residential F: 31122B(3) W(60)It's a tough customer and tough to not put on top. Led nicely to score consecutive wins and although beaten twice since, it hasn't been by much.Main Danger9 Diorissimo F: 46211B(6) W(53)( J- Corey Campbell )( T- Sarah & Matthew Smith )PlacedDividend : $1.80Back-to-back winner coming into this and with only 51kg on the back, it has a massive weight advantage. That could be enough.Next Best3 Dee And Gee F: 52043B(4) W(55.5)( J- Tanya Jonker )( T- Charles/Corbett )WonDividends : $3.40 $1.50Running good races without winning. Gets a nice run from the draw and it also gets weight off its back. Right in the mix.Include in Multis2 Shakti F: 34215B(2) W(57.5)Nice winner two back and it always possesses a threat. Should be right around the mark once again.Longer Odds7 Lady Bealey F: 54154B(8) W(53)( T- Steven Woodsford )Recent winner which could add some value.
RemarksAn intriguing affair
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.40Place1 3 $ 1.50Place2 9 $ 1.80Place3 5 $ 2.10Quinella 3:9 $ 9.80Trifecta 3:9:5 $ 79.50First4 3:9:5:7 $ 674.00Treble 8/5+/3+ $ 111.50
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Residential(3) Dee And Gee (9) DiorissimoR7 (1) Showpin(4) Caprikosa (5) Neeson (7) HerengaweR8 (1) Disturbance(2) Prince Oz (4) He Kin Fly (5) Kiwi IdaR9 (1) Carson River(3) Final Say (4) King KaneQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - DAVID EMERSON ACCOUNTANT & CONSULTANT PREMIERTime: 3:01 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Neeson F: 15961B(6) W(56.5)( T- Stephen McKee )PlacedDividend : $1.90Scored a deserved win last time out and it has northern form to boast. Looks to be right in this and it has drawn nicely.Main Danger1 Showpin F: 31211B(10) W(59.5)( T- T & L Prendergast )In hot form after posting three wins and a second placing from its last four starts. Big weight but the jockey is riding in good form.Next Best4 Caprikosa F: 4286XB(5) W(56.5)( J- BB Hong )Talented type on its day and it drops to 53.5kg after the 3kg claim. Too good to leave out here and it could make a winning resumption.Include in Multis7 Herengawe F: 31X14B(3) W(56)( T- Joanne Moss )Knows how to get the job done and it's another good ride for Lisa Allpress. Shouldn't be too far off them.Longer Odds2 Hoofbeat F: 97612B(9) W(57)( J- Leah Hemi )In good form and it's paying nice odds. Every chance in this.
RemarksEach way all day type of field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 23.20Place1 12 $ 5.70Place2 5 $ 1.90Place3 9 $ 2.80Quinella 5:12 $ 50.60Trifecta 12:5:9 $ 1496.00First4 12:5:9:10 $ 3426.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - DAPHNE BANNAN MEMORIAL GREAT EASTER STAKESTime: 3:41 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Prince Oz F: 11072B(7) W(59.5)Very talented when everything goes its way in the run. Returned to form with a good placing last start and it deserves to go on top.Main Danger4 He Kin Fly F: 4L111B(8) W(58.5)( J- Lee Callaway )WonDividends : $4.10 $1.80Flying at the moment with three consecutive runs. That's tough form to overlook and it should go close again,Next Best1 Disturbance F: X1113B(10) W(60)( J- Dylan Turner )( T- Kennedy/Furlong )Rattled off three consecutive wins before running third last time out. Big weight but is capable of carrying that to victory.Include in Multis5 Kiwi Ida F: 30241B(2) W(58)PlacedDividend : $1.90Booming win last time out and it will likely settle off the speed and hope they go quickly up front. Chance if they do.Longer Odds3 Elfee F: 17303B(1) W(59)Owns ability and it could utilise the inside draw.
RemarksBest race of the day and there's some quality about it
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 4.10Place1 4 $ 1.80Place2 11 $ 7.30Place3 5 $ 1.90Quinella 4:11 $ 80.80Trifecta 4:11:5 $ 911.60First4 4:11:5:9 $ 8189.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - RACECOURSE HOTEL & MOTOR LODGE PREMIERTime: 4:20 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Carson River F: 73611B(12) W(61.5)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )Looking for three consecutive wins and we're not backing against it. Gets 3kg off its back and it's worth including.Main Danger4 King Kane F: 81314B(5) W(60)Owns plenty of talent and bookies are offering good odds. Should be right in the mix with a good ride.Next Best3 Final Say F: 23372B(7) W(60)( J- Kozzi Asano )( T- B & R Wilson )Finding it tough to win a race but it gets a valuable 4kg off its back and it could run a good race. Nice chance.Include in Multis2 Trudeau F: 15130B(1) W(60.5)( J- Jacob Lowry )( T- T & L Prendergast )Needs to turn around a poor showing last start but it's capable of that. Shouldn't be too far away from them.Longer Odds5 Nopele F: 21438B(10) W(59.5)Always owns upset claims so include.
RemarksHuge field and huge value
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 24.00Place1 7 $ 7.00Place2 6 $ 8.00Place3 10 $ 2.90Quinella 6:7 $ 273.10Trifecta 7:6:10 $ 3870.50First4 - $ 0.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%