Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - WAIRARAPA TIMES AGE R72 1000MTime: 1:41 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Magico F: 0X852B(2) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.30Just beaten on Manawatu Cup day. Likely to lead and should take some beating.Main Danger4 Desert Magic F: X7177B(3) W(57)( J- Danielle Hirini )( T- Mike Breslin )WonDividends : $4.50 $2.00Won nicely three starts back. Both sevenths cane during NZ Cup week. Freshened and can run well TodayNext Best2 Grand Mayson F: 1355XB(1) W(61)Consistent galloper who is fresh up today. May need further but can run well in a fresh state
RemarksOnly five contest race 1
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 4.50Place1 4 $ 2.00Place2 3 $ 1.30Quinella 3:4 $ 3.70Trifecta 4:3:2 $ 13.60First4 4:3:2:1 $ 43.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - VALLEY PLUMBING MDN 1000MTime: 2:16 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 He's A Gold Digger F: X857XB(5) W(57.5)( J- Malcolm Hill )( T- Malcolm Hill )WonDividends : $4.60 $2.20Stable changed since last raced. Trialed super but did when in the north. Will run well off his trial.Main Danger6 Showbourne F:B(1) W(57)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- N & H Auret )PlacedDividend : $2.60Making debut and chased home our top pick in latest trial. Chance here.Next Best7 Meritorious F: 5X3X8B(2) W(55.5)( T- Jamie Richards )Been disappointing Raceday when trialing well. Gets her chance today.Include in Multis2 Me F:B(3) W(57.5)( T- Lowry/Cullen )First starter with no disclosed form. Well bred with Parkes on.Longer Odds4 Mini Maxine F:B(7) W(57)Was ok at the trials and could run well on debut.
RemarksGoing to be a sprint to the finish line
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.60Place1 1 $ 2.20Place2 6 $ 2.60Quinella 1:6 $ 11.50Trifecta 1:6:7 $ 48.30First4 1:6:7:2 $ 107.90Double 4/1 $ 18.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - THE HITS &LIFE MEMBERS R82 2050MTime: 2:51 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Amorata F: 66240B(4) W(55)WonDividends : $5.70 $2.50Disappointing in Marton Cup. Prior form was good with a second at Wanganui and fourth in Waipukurau Cup. Good chance here.Main Danger7 Lincoln Fury F: 968X1B(3) W(54)Nice winner fresh up at Otaki. Can make it two from two this prep.Next Best3 Hank Moody F: 02520B(2) W(56)Another who was ordinary in Marton Cup. Never far away in this grade and I expect the same again.Include in Multis1 Balham F: 63750B(7) W(59)Dropping back from a poor run in Marton Cup. Prior form was good enough to run well here.Longer Odds6 Trending F: 6X960B(6) W(54.5)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Bryce Newman )Been disappointing this prep but improving in his work and could be a chance with a soft lead.
RemarksLooks a competitive staying lineup
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 5.70Place1 4 $ 2.50Place2 2 $ 5.40Quinella 2:4 $ 54.30Trifecta 4:2:3 $ 276.40First4 4:2:3:1 $ 2232.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - PUKEMANU BAR & EATERY MDN 1300MTime: 3:26 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Vineyard McPhee F: 25B(5) W(58.5)( T- Adrian Bull )PlacedDividend : $1.50Huge on debut over 1200 at Awapuni. Found the 1600 too far at Riccarton. Freshened and looks hard to beat today.Main Danger6 Streak Of Power F: 5643B(4) W(57)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- N & H Auret )WonDividends : $2.90 $1.90Raced well enough before blinkers went on last time. Did things wrong which cost her side winkers on today and looks a good win hope.Next Best7 Authentic Charm F: 3566XB(2) W(56.5)Looked close to breaking maidens last campaign. Trialed well and looks chance fresh.Include in Multis3 Horopito F: 4B(6) W(58.5)( J- Holly Andrew )Good run on debut when fourth at Otaki. Will improve from the run.Longer Odds8 Silent Approach F: 9XB(7) W(55)Has shown ability and could be the odds runner
RemarksVery keen on our top pick
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 2.90Place1 6 $ 1.90Place2 2 $ 1.50Quinella 2:6 $ 3.70Trifecta 6:2:3 $ 27.10First4 6:2:3:7 $ 54.60Double 4/6 $ 15.20Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - COTTER & STEVENS MDN 3YO 1400MTime: 4:01 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Regal Reward F: 26X42B(4) W(57.5)WonDividends : $1.80 $1.10Likely leader who was beat by the stable mate on Boxing Day. Only concern is if he can run a strong 1400.Main Danger10 Voralto F: 7XB(3) W(55.5)( T- Mike Breslin )Has been going well at Levin Jumpouts and been well supported in the market.Next Best6 Colyton Sky F: 9655B(1) W(55.5)( J- Mereana Hudson )PlacedDividend : $2.60Has improved off every run in career and has the blinkers on today.Include in Multis4 Velarde F:B(5) W(57.5)( T- Lowry/Cullen )PlacedDividend : $2.10Wasn’t the worst at the trials and could be a chance on debutLonger OddsThe 'Best Roughie'5 Ginger Jane F: 3B(8) W(55.5)( J- Rebecca Goldsbury )( T- Aaron Bidlake )Good effort on debut when third. Looks a good chance at odds if she can get a soft run from the draw.
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 1.80Place1 1 $ 1.10Place2 6 $ 2.60Place3 4 $ 2.10Quinella 1:6 $ 9.60Trifecta 1:6:4 $ 49.50First4 1:6:4:5 $ 200.80Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Regal Reward(5) Ginger JaneR6 (6) Take That(9) Run Lee (11) La Mia SirenaR7 (5) Den BoschR8 (1) You're Welcome(2) Master Lincoln (3) Ritzy Sparkle (5) Super GirlQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - BOULCOTT SUITES CHALLENGE MDN 2050MTime: 4:36 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Take That F: 72B(7) W(57)( T- Fraser Auret )Good second last time at Waipukurau. Suited by the distance and looks well placed.Main Danger9 Run Lee F: 43372B(1) W(56.5)Knocking on the door for a while. Looked the winner last time before she was run down. Should go close.Next Best11 La Mia Sirena F: X3349B(5) W(55)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Bryce Newman )WonDividends : $5.60 $1.50Ran three good races prior to last start. Stepping up in distance today.Include in Multis7 Altar Boy F: 98634B(9) W(57)( J- Madan Singh )( T- Gerald Innes )PlacedDividend : $1.80Both runs over ground have been good with a third and fourth. Chance in this again.Longer Odds2 Ammons F: 87B(3) W(58.5)( T- Geoff Haigh )PlacedDividend : $12.40Poor Raceday. Trial nicely before last start run and bred to stay.
RemarksOnly four runners supported in this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 5.60Place1 11 $ 1.50Place2 2 $ 12.40Place3 7 $ 1.80Double 1+/11 $ 6.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 6, 7, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - SOUTH WAIRARAPA VET SERVICES MDN 1600MTime: 5:11 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Den Bosch F: 543B(3) W(57)( T- Peter Didham )WonDividends : $1.90 $1.20Huge when third in tougher race last time. Looked good in his first two career starts and looks very tough to beat today.Main Danger4 Dalmatia F: 27B(8) W(57)( J- Jonathan Riddell )Good second on debut at Taranaki with Riddell on. Did things wrong at Otaki and a chance today.Next Best1 Yeah Right F: 27X45B(4) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.10Showed ability last prep. Has looked decent in both runs back this prep and should run well today.Include in Multis7 Love Potion F: X9863B(7) W(56.5)Has ran two nice races in her last couple. Nice sixth at Awapuni then a good effort for third last time.Longer Odds3 Whiteout F: 869X8B(5) W(58.5)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Herb Renall )Showed ability last prep. Will be fitter for fresh up run.
RemarksOur top pick looks a class above
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 1.90Place1 5 $ 1.20Place2 9 $ 2.30Place3 1 $ 2.10Quinella 5:9 $ 10.10Trifecta 5:9:1 $ 63.90First4 5:9:1:4 $ 198.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - JACKSON ST BAR R65 1600MTime: 5:38 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'2 Master Lincoln F: 3277XB(4) W(57)( J- Jonathan Riddell )Has shown ability in the past. Ran some top races last prep. Had a trial and if fit enough could go close today.Main Danger3 Ritzy Sparkle F: 54435B(8) W(56.5)WonDividends : $2.90 $1.50Hasn’t been far away since moving to Royden Bergersons. Looks well placed to beat our top pick.Next Best1 You're Welcome F: 5X044B(6) W(58.5)( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.40Looked good when he won on debut 12 months ago. Has struggled since but found a soft race today.Include in Multis5 Super Girl F: 59103B(3) W(56)( J- Madan Singh )( T- Gerald Innes )Won well at Otaki three back. Good run when third last start and doesn’t loom the worst of chances in the lastLonger Odds6 Maidstone Park F: 4996XB(2) W(55.5)May need moisture but she seemed to gain confidence since breaking maidens and could be the odds runner.
RemarksFinal race of the day and it’s a tough one
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 2.90Place1 3 $ 1.50Place2 7 $ 3.00Place3 1 $ 1.40Quinella 3:7 $ 14.90Trifecta 3:7:1 $ 76.00First4 3:7:1:2 $ 389.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%