Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - KNOTTINGLY FARM MAIDEN STEEPLECHASETime: 12:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Little Macs F: X5332B(4) W(68)Just beaten in his last steeple start and was good prior looks the one to beat.Main Danger1 Crackthegoodstuff F: 05642B(6) W(68)( T- Phillip Stevens )PlacedDividend : $2.20Been racing well and looks one of the better chances in this.Next Best5 She Said Yes F: 76P33B(1) W(68)( T- Maxim Van Lierde )Nice enough effort last start and the same effort sees this horse in the finish.Include in Multis4 Kangaroo F: 47374B(5) W(68)( J- Toni Moki )WonDividends : $4.50 $2.40Likely to set the pace. Been racing well enough to go a nice race today.
RemarksFirst race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 4.50Place1 4 $ 2.40Place2 1 $ 2.20Quinella 1:4 $ 12.60Trifecta 4:1:5 $ 72.50First4 4:1:5:2 $ 129.60Treble 4/4/8 $ 605.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - EPIC JOURNEYS MAIDEN HURDLETime: 1:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Jochen Rindt F: 73L82B(4) W(68)( T- Terry Wenn )PlacedDividend : $1.20Been knocking on the door to win one. Got beat by a good one last start and was placed in Manawatu Hurdles in June.Main Danger2 Country Bumpkin F: 52293B(5) W(68)( T- Niall Quinn )Very good effort leading most of the way on hurdle debut. Looks the only horse who can beat my top pick.Next Best4 Each Way F: 54726B(1) W(68)WonDividends : $7.00 $1.70Making hurdle debut. Can jump a bit I’ve been told and would have done plenty to prepare.Include in Multis8 Wagner F: 55087B(9) W(68)( T- Tarissa Mitchell )PlacedDividend : $2.00Nothing known from this galloper but I doubt the trainer would start him over fences if he wasn’t good enough.Longer Odds5 Freewheeler F: 98677B(7) W(68)( J- Gary Walsh )( T- Kevin Dell )Was ok last start and looks one of the blow out chances.
RemarksThe first of two maiden hurdles
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 7.00Place1 4 $ 1.70Place2 8 $ 2.00Place3 1 $ 1.20Quinella 4:8 $ 23.20Trifecta 4:8:1 $ 147.40First4 4:8:1:2 $ 254.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - WEE BISKIT MAIDEN HURDLETime: 1:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Donardo F: 36554B(7) W(68)( T- Lucy de Lautour )PlacedDividend : $1.70Good in open hurdle to run fourth behind Zentangle. Will have improved from the outing and looks a good chance.Main Danger2 Ali Baba F: 54983B(4) W(68)( T- Moroney/Gerard )Always promised to be good hurdler and was much better last start. Can go close hereNext Best6 Bak Da Master F: 42268B(5) W(68)( J- Michael Roustoby )( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.70Capable flat horse from a stable who never jumps horses. Has placed in jump trials during the season.Include in Multis7 Battle Royal F: 80026B(3) W(68)( T- P & J Brosnan )Making jumps debut and comes from a stable who is having good success this season.Longer Odds3 Blanco Bay F: 20535B(1) W(68)( T- Rae/Williams-Tuhoro )Nice run on hurdle debut. Will have improved from the run and looks over the odds.
RemarksA race that lacks value
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 13.00Place1 8 $ 2.80Place2 6 $ 1.70Place3 4 $ 1.70Quinella 6:8 $ 37.50Trifecta 8:6:4 $ 361.00First4 8:6:4:2 $ 567.20Double 4/8 $ 53.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - PAUL BIBBY MEMORIAL MARAMARUA HUNT HURDLETime: 2:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Trisha Lea F: 1011PB(3) W(67)( J- Charlie Studd )( T- Kylie Little )WonDividends : $2.70 $1.80Won both starts very impressively before pulling up in Great Northern. Back to a better trip today and looks hard to beat.Main Danger4 Magic Cannon F: 33314B(5) W(68)( T- Mark Brosnan )Won a maiden easy two starts back and run a cheeky race in the Great Northern. Must be a good chance here.Next Best1 Just Got Home F: 13354B(1) W(68)( J- Buddy Lammas )( T- Rudy Liefting )The old campaigner. Struggled last start but the prior form was very nice. Won’t be far away today.Include in Multis2 He's Dan F: X0871B(2) W(68)( T- Andrew Meikle )Bit of a boil over last start when winning. Shorter today and off last start he won’t give up easy.Longer Odds6 Flyingwithoutwings F: 9P257B(6) W(67)( T- Logan Hall )Hasn’t been far away in maiden hurdles. Stepping up in grade but can run a nice race.
RemarksSmart open hurdle race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.70Place1 5 $ 1.80Place2 3 $ 3.50Quinella 3:5 $ 11.20Trifecta 5:3:7 $ 135.70First4 5:3:7:2 $ 513.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - CAPISTRANO LODGE MAIDEN 2200Time: 2:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick12 Global Diamond F: 58530B(1) W(66)( J- Ryan Elliot )Been going well enough lately. Stepping up in distance and has the right rider to go a bold one here.Main Danger4 Kipling F: 20405B(6) W(68)( J- Buddy Lammas )( T- John Mason )WonDividends : $5.20 $1.70Only fail came over 1400m but form over ground is good enough to go close here.Next Best1 Gingee F: F3083B(7) W(68)( T- Andrew Meikle )Been consistent enough during his career wasn’t bad last time making nice ground and could run well here.Include in Multis8 Alfred George F: 44780B(8) W(68)( T- K & G Opie )Has shown ability in the past and his best chance to show itLonger Odds7 Mataro F: 055X0B(10) W(68)Has staying potential and needed resuming run expect a big improvement.
RemarksThe first flat of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 5.20Place1 4 $ 1.70Place2 5 $ 2.40Place3 9 $ 3.10Quinella 4:5 $ 16.70Trifecta 4:5:9 $ 251.90First4 4:5:9:1 $ 770.50Double 5+/4 $ 9.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 7, 8, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - MIKE FRASER-JONES 2200Time: 3:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'7 Keepella Heights F: 41052B(6) W(67)( J- Scott Wenn )( T- Simon Rees )Good when winning maiden three back. Nice run last start and looks good each way chance without Scotty on.Main Danger4 In A Minute F: 62242B(5) W(68)( J- Scotty MacNab )PlacedDividend : $2.30Been racing very consistently this prep. Good run when out longer odds last time and well priced in the market again.Next Best5 Red John F: 51774B(4) W(68)( J- Jacqui Fillmore )( T- Hilary Pryce )Won well four back and hasn’t had luck since in his races. In a winnable race here.Include in Multis6 Barbara F: 0031B(8) W(67)( J- Dean Parker )( T- Kylie Grass )PlacedDividend : $2.10She keeps improving. Loving going over ground and looks a good chance in this with Dean having his first race ride.Longer Odds3 Zedcrest F: 48716B(2) W(68.5)( J- Luke Myers )Won well two back and has Luke Myers who is usually very competitive in these races.
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie with my best each way
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 12.00Place1 10 $ 3.30Place2 6 $ 2.10Place3 4 $ 2.30Quinella 6:10 $ 55.40Trifecta 10:6:4 $ 581.90First4 10:6:4:11 $ 3977.00Double 10/10 $ 89.30Treble 5+/4/10 $ 160.80
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (4) In A Minute(5) Red John (6) Barbara (7) Keepella HeightsR7 (1) Raisafuasho(5) Caballo Noir (11) Old CountessR8 (1) Tipical(4) Humble Pie (7) SeemaxR9 (1) ParisianQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - BAYLEYS WAIKATO HUNT CUP STEEPLECHASETime: 4:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Raisafuasho F: 75115B(1) W(69)PlacedDividend : $1.80Won two races in a two very impressively before a nice effort in the Pakuranga Hunt Cup. Back in grade and the horse they all have to beat.Main Danger5 Caballo Noir F: 02P13B(11) W(68)( J- Toni Moki )PlacedDividend : $2.00Good winning here two back. Nice third over the hurdles last start and must be a good chance here.Next Best11 Old Countess F: 41661B(2) W(67)( J- Michael Roustoby )( T- P & J Brosnan )A mare who racing very well in this grade. Has been when sixth both times in the top grade but back in this grade and can figure in the finish.Include in Multis3 The Arabian Duke F: 53527B(6) W(68)( J- Gary Walsh )( T- Karyn McQuade )Hasn’t been far away all season. Very good when second in Pakuranga. Distance in the Great Northern but back in distance and grade here.Longer Odds4 Kings Kite F: 87LP2B(4) W(68)( J- Bradley Thomas-Rantall )( T- Stephen Beatson )Huge run in the Great Northern at massive odds. The tab have got him at a big quote here.
RemarksLast steeplechase until next year
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 14.20Place1 10 $ 4.00Place2 5 $ 2.00Place3 1 $ 1.80Quinella 5:10 $ 36.90Trifecta 10:5:1 $ 412.10First4 10:5:1:7 $ 3407.60Double 10/10 $ 89.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - MAKE-A-WISH NEW ZEALAND 1600Time: 4:44 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Seemax F: 42901B(5) W(67.5)( J- Charlie Studd )( T- Michael Wallace )PlacedDividend : $1.60Won very well last start. Form prior had been good at stages and looks well placed here.Main Danger1 Tipical F: 57254B(2) W(69.5)( J- Aaron Kuru )( T- Tony Pike )WonDividends : $3.10 $1.40Tony Pike brings this runner to Te Aroha to find a weak race. Places in everything and his best chance to win one.Next Best6 Pierian Spring F: 85330B(1) W(68)( J- Ryan Elliot )PlacedDividend : $2.40Disappointing in amateur but form prior was good and with Aruba back on could spark him into form.Include in Multis9 Bella Blue F: 675X5B(4) W(66.5)Will be fitter for first up run when fifth can go well enough here.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'4 Humble Pie F: 66X80B(9) W(68)( J- Hamish McNeill )( T- Adrian Bull )Got the ability just been fair this season. In the right race to return back to good form
RemarksCompetitive race here.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.10Place1 1 $ 1.40Place2 6 $ 2.40Place3 7 $ 1.60Quinella 1:6 $ 12.20Trifecta 1:6:7 $ 70.60First4 1:6:7:4 $ 374.70Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - GEOFF BRINDLEY MEMORIAL MAIDEN 1600Time: 5:18 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Parisian F: 227B(3) W(68.5)( J- Bailey Rogerson )WonDividends : $2.00 $1.40Been awesome in three starts to date. Hard to beat in a race that very much suited to our top pick.Main Danger3 Hey Happy F: 4484XB(11) W(68.5)( J- Luke Myers )PlacedDividend : $2.10Very good winning at the recent Foxton trials and must be a chance fresh up.Next Best2 Diogenes F: 420B(9) W(68.5)( J- Dean Parker )( T- Nigel Tiley )Good when fourth and second. No luck last time and Tiley has faith in Dean to do a good job today.Include in Multis4 Abu Dhabi F: 544B(2) W(68.5)( J- Jessica Grundy )PlacedDividend : $2.10Has promised enough in three runs that he can win one soon. Worst one came last start but watch for him to run home today.Longer Odds12 Shahana F: 49859B(12) W(66.5)( J- Scott Wenn )( T- Scott Wenn )Form isn’t the best but has shown enough on occasions and has a Scotty to help today.
RemarksLast race of a good day of racing.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.00Place1 1 $ 1.40Place2 3 $ 2.10Place3 4 $ 2.10Quinella 1:3 $ 6.00Trifecta 1:3:4 $ 45.50First4 1:3:4:2 $ 83.80Double 1+/1+ $ 5.10Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%