Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - LANGSFORD - N & G LTD MAIDEN 1200Time: 12:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Motley Crue F: 47732B(2) W(57)( T- E & D Browne )PlacedDividend : $1.30Indicated that a win isn't far off when placing at its last two. Drawn to get a good run and Opie takes the ride.Main Danger1 Foo An Songs F: 6X002B(9) W(58.5)( T- Shane Crawford )Much better run for second last time out and it could go on with it now. Has the talent and shouldn't stay in maiden ranks too much longer.Next Best5 Son Of Sasanof F:B(3) W(58.5)( T- Jim Collett )Has been well backed to win on debut and that's a good sign. Could add some nice value.Include in Multis2 Western Choice F: 4B(4) W(58.5)( T- Alex Oliveira )WonDividends : $5.10 $1.70Fair enough effort on debut and it could produce a similar effort. Only needs to lift a touch to be winning this.Longer Odds8 Kate Louise F: X0004B(5) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Ralph )Good run last start so consider on that.
RemarksMany of these will break through soon
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 5.10Place1 2 $ 1.70Place2 6 $ 1.30Place3 13 $ 2.40Quinella 2:6 $ 4.60Trifecta 2:6:13 $ 57.30First4 2:6:13:1 $ 132.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - RANDAL JUDD MEMORIAL MAIDEN 1200Time: 1:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Vladivostok F:B(3) W(57.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Andrew Campbell )PlacedDividend : $1.70Has looked the goods at the trials and we're expecting it to start as the favourite. In the right hands to make a winning debut.Main Danger4 Americo F:B(7) W(57.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Peter McKay )Bred to show early speed, as it has done at the trials. Every chance of winning this race and there is money coming for it.Next Best6 O'Charm F: 327X4B(5) W(55.5)( T- Stephen McKee )PlacedDividend : $2.30Speedy type which has race day experience. Shouldn't take long to get off the mark and the odds on offer are worth taking.Include in Multis8 Mabilis F: 20B(1) W(55.5)( J- Danielle Johnson )( T- P & D Williams )Extremely disappointing when dropping away in the straight last start. Could bounce back off the inside draw.Longer Odds10 Striking F: 37B(2) W(55.5)( T- Jim Collett )Look for an improved run.
RemarksSome rising types lining up here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.10Place1 7 $ 1.40Place2 6 $ 2.30Place3 5 $ 1.70Quinella 6:7 $ 10.80Trifecta 7:6:5 $ 62.50First4 7:6:5:11 $ 1191.30Double 2/7+ $ 20.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 6, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - REVITAL GROUP MAIDEN 1400Time: 1:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'2 Sham On Toast F: 232X6B(11) W(58.5)( T- Steven Reid )Had its chance last start but will only get benefit from the run. Drawing wide doesn't help but it has the most ability and should break maidens soon.Main Danger1 On The Nighttrain F: 5X435B(4) W(58.5)( T- Clinton Isdale )Never far away and only needs to find a little bit extra to win. Drawing barrier four helps and it should be right around the mark.Next Best6 Peace Train F: 67XB(3) W(58.5)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- R & R Rogers )WonDividends : $5.20 $2.10All aboard the Peace Train. Fair efforts last campaign but by all accounts has returned a stronger type. Good signs for this.Include in Multis3 Stratius F: 00X3B(9) W(58.5)( T- Graeme Cameron )Turned around some poor form last season with a handy third placing. Should be able to reproduce that effort and go close.Longer Odds5 Mr Bazamour F: 9948XB(5) W(58.5)( T- Scott Wenn )Worth including at the odds.
RemarksNot much covering this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 5.20Place1 6 $ 2.10Place2 7 $ 5.00Place3 4 $ 4.10Quinella 6:7 $ 50.90Trifecta 6:7:4 $ 808.90First4 6:7:4:10 $ 3773.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - MARSH RACING MAIDEN 1400Time: 2:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Cicciolina F: 783X3B(1) W(57.5)Isn't far off a win and it gets a good chance here. Good third when resuming and getting the inside draw with Opie helps. Top chance.Main Danger5 Cerys F:B(8) W(57.5)( T- Catherine Cameron )Trial winner by Tavistock and that demands attention straight off the bat. Has been well backed and that's a good sign on debut.Next Best9 Starring Role F: X40X2B(7) W(56)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- Glenn Old )PlacedDividend : $1.80Wasn't beaten far when second upon resuming. Gets some weight off its back and it should be going close once again.Include in Multis10 Origineel F: 3B(9) W(56)( T- Lance Noble )Did enough on debut to suggest a win is just around the corner. Drawn awkwardly but that's the only negative.Longer Odds7 Amelia Grace F:B(3) W(57.5)( T- Mark Blackie )Could show up at odds.
RemarksEach way odds throughout this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 8.20Place1 6 $ 2.60Place2 9 $ 1.80Place3 15 $ 7.70Quinella 6:9 $ 19.70Trifecta 6:9:15 $ 976.80First4 6:9:15:13 $ 7509.80Double 6/6 $ 43.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 7, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - PORRITT SAND MAIDEN 1600Time: 2:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Drake Bay F: 33352B(11) W(58.5)( J- Jonathan Riddell )( T- Margaret Falconer )PlacedDividend : $1.40Edging closer towards a win after another placing last start. Doesn't need to find much to beat this field, so put on top.Main Danger3 Captive F: 0330B(6) W(58.5)( T- Robert Priscott )WonDividends : $3.70 $1.50Disappointing last start but it has bounce back claims. There is good betting support and that's a positive sign. Chance.Next Best15 Meghan F: 0X43B(9) W(55)( T- Lance Noble )Warming up after running a good third last start. Was always going to need a couple of runs and it could be time to strike now.Include in Multis8 Sword Of Freedom F: 5B(10) W(57)( T- Lauren Brennan )Fair run for fifth on debut but it has a lot of room for improvement. Each-way odds on offer here so consider.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'5 Piping Hot F: 5X5B(12) W(58.5)( J- Troy Harris )( T- E & D Browne )Just needs some luck from the draw to run well.
RemarksOpen market for the first leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.70Place1 3 $ 1.50Place2 1 $ 1.40Place3 11 $ 4.80Quinella 1:3 $ 6.20Trifecta 3:1:11 $ 111.00First4 3:1:11:5 $ 1678.10
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Drake Bay(3) Captive (8) Sword Of Freedom (15) MeghanR6 (2) Wordsworth(8) AalaaluneR7 (1) Germanicus(8) Ripley (11) Rip Em UpR8 (6) Masque(7) Pimms 'N' Pearls (9) Witchery (15) Master ParkQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 8, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - WENTWOOD GRANGE MAIDEN 1600Time: 3:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'8 Aalaalune F: 20404B(7) W(55.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- TeamRogerson )WonDividends : $2.20 $1.30If Aalaalune doesn't win this race, it's the most overrated horse in the country. No reason why it couldn't put lengths on this field. Must go close.Main Danger2 Wordsworth F: 2B(1) W(57.5)( T- Margaret Falconer )PlacedDividend : $1.40Gets the inside draw after running well for second on debut. Has more scope than many of these and should be around the mark.Next Best3 Seven Aajes F: 3B(11) W(57.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )Paying good odds considering it ran well on debut for third. Better for the run and it only needs cover from the draw.Include in Multis14 Seven Seas F: X0576B(8) W(55.5)( T- Tony Pike )Has shown ability but hasn't quite lived up to it. This is an even field and it could improve nicely.Longer Odds6 Mongolian Sun F: 7B(2) W(57.5)( T- Baker/Forsman )PlacedDividend : $3.70Should be given another chance here at odds.
RemarksCan Aalaalune finally win?
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 2.20Place1 8 $ 1.30Place2 2 $ 1.40Place3 6 $ 3.70Quinella 2:8 $ 4.70Trifecta 8:2:6 $ 51.80First4 8:2:6:3 $ 165.50Double 3/8+ $ 10.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 8, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - COGSWELL SURVEYS 1600Time: 4:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Germanicus F: X1420B(4) W(59.5)( J- Troy Harris )( T- Danica Guy )WonDividends : $4.40 $1.80Form has come around some nice types and it could rebound after a last-start failure. Drawn well and should be respected.Main Danger11 Rip Em Up F: 55X51B(10) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )PlacedDividend : $1.80Scored an overdue win last start and that could be the confidence it needed. Could go back-to-back so consider.Next Best8 Ripley F: X7X04B(2) W(57.5)That was a much better run for fourth last time out. Only going to improve with the fitness and that could pay off here.Include in Multis15 Anna Cecelia F: 1X050B(8) W(54.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Lauren Brennan )PlacedDividend : $3.40Mixing its form but at its best, it would worry many of these. Paying nice odds and could be worth including for multiples.Longer Odds14 Van Diamond F: 26048B(11) W(56)( T- Shane Crawford )Always a chance of causing an upset.
RemarksSome nice types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.40Place1 1 $ 1.80Place2 11 $ 1.80Place3 15 $ 3.40Quinella 1:11 $ 8.90Trifecta 1:11:15 $ 167.40First4 1:11:15:16 $ 1962.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 8, 11, 14, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - ANDERSON ACCOUNTING FAST TRACK $5K BONUS 1200Time: 4:39 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Pimms 'N' Pearls F: 22X27B(5) W(57.5)( T- Ross McCarroll )WonDividends : $5.30 $1.80Caved in under pressure last start but its form prior was very good. Break through win should come soon and it could come here.Main Danger9 Witchery F: 2435XB(1) W(57)Looked good last season but didn't win all that often. However, faced some tough fields and that could show up here. Big danger.Next Best6 Masque F: 48X37B(6) W(58)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- TeamRogerson )Mixing its form but the ability is there. Just needs to get a good run in transit to let down in the straight.Include in Multis15 Master Park F: 1376XB(9) W(58)( T- Stephen Marsh )Shows good tactical pace and that could be the winning of the race here. Must be included in this open field.Longer Odds11 Kainui Rose F: 3194XB(2) W(56.5)( T- Wayne Hillis )Could show good form fresh up.
RemarksEven field to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 5.30Place1 7 $ 1.80Place2 2 $ 3.30Place3 17 $ 5.50Quinella 2:7 $ 26.00Trifecta 7:2:17 $ 656.20First4 7:2:17:9 $ 3519.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's6, 7, 9, 11, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%