Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - ONCEUPONATIME & MORE FM MAIDENTime: 12:24 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Exclaim F: 4X234B(2) W(56.5)( T- Lance Robinson )PlacedDividend : $1.20Didn't quite pick up last start but this is slightly easier. Has the race fitness on its side and that could be enough here.Main Danger7 Arnage F: 89424B(5) W(56.5)( T- Jackie Burrows )Gets a valuable 2kg off its back and it has been knocking on the door for some time now. Gets its chance to break through here.Next Best6 Montreux Miss F: 80432B(12) W(56.5)( J- Kozzi Asano )Getting warm this campaign with consecutive placings. Drops down in weight with the 4kg off its back. Every chance to win.Include in Multis2 Battle Man F: 80B(10) W(58.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Danny Crozier )Hasn't been close in two starts to date but there has been some specking for it. Another with a claimer in the saddle.Longer Odds1 Dal Lad F: 6B(3) W(58.5)( T- White/Callaway )Did enough on debut and it's not striking a classy field second up.
RemarksThree runners have attracted the most attention
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 41.20Place1 10 $ 7.60Place2 8 $ 3.40Place3 5 $ 1.20Quinella 8:10 $ 227.50Trifecta 10:8:5 $ 2535.70First4 - $ 0.00Double 10/1 $ 327.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - TEMUKA SEED (1984) LTD MAIDENTime: 12:59 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Highland Lady F: 023X8B(4) W(56.5)( T- Terri Rae )Cost punters a bit last time out but it didn't get the best of rides. Matthew Cameron takes over here and that could make the difference.Main Danger1 Bernini F: 776X3B(10) W(58.5)( J- Corey Campbell )( T- T & L Prendergast )WonDividends : $3.50 $1.60Much better effort fresh up when running third. Gets 2kg off its back and there has been good money for it throughout the week.Next Best2 Just Tickety Boo F:B(9) W(58.5)( T- Ross Beckett )PlacedDividend : $2.50Has fitness via the way of trials. Won its most recent and although it has a big weight, it could make a winning debut.Include in Multis10 Overcoat F: X7066B(3) W(56.5)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )( T- Mickle Weastell )Form doesn't appear overly good but it hasn't been too far away this season. Drawn well and it could shift wide in the straight and work home.Longer Odds6 Smoke 'Em Wilson F: 0X008B(12) W(58.5)( T- Leonard Stewart )Capable of an upset and these conditions could suit.
RemarksA few of these should break maidens soon. Better field than the opener.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.50Place1 1 $ 1.60Place2 3 $ 3.10Place3 2 $ 2.50Quinella 1:3 $ 13.80Trifecta 1:3:2 $ 149.90First4 1:3:2:7 $ 556.80Double 10/1 $ 327.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - TEMUKA TRANSPORT 1967 LTD SPRINTTime: 1:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'6 On Point F: 81X43B(1) W(56.5)( T- Lance Robinson )WonDividends : $2.60 $1.30Drawn to get a nice run in transit and it has been suggesting a win isn't far off. Looks tough to beat and punters are getting nice odds.Main Danger10 Vendima F: 10672B(10) W(54)A little unlucky not to win last time out. Gets a nice weight on its back and it will have its supporters come race day.Next Best7 Caprikosa F: 286X9B(2) W(56)( J- BB Hong )Didn't show much last time out but with the lighter weight on its back, it could run into contention. Another each-way chance.Include in Multis4 Wize Act F: 88X20B(7) W(57.5)( J- Kin Kwo )( T- B & R Wilson )Better than what it has been showing recently. Include here at odds.Longer Odds5 Mighty Solomon F: 908X0B(8) W(57)Just struggling a touch but this is the race where it could turn its form around.
RemarksPlenty of value on offer in the market
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 2.60Place1 6 $ 1.30Place2 2 $ 4.90Place3 9 $ 2.50Quinella 2:6 $ 21.40Trifecta 6:2:9 $ 184.50First4 6:2:9:8 $ 2902.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - GERALDINE VILLAGE INN SPORTS BAR DASHTime: 2:09 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Suggestive Loox F: 24305B(14) W(57.5)Hasn't won recently but the outside draw could actually work for it. Nicely backed and it's another handy ride for Cameron.Main Danger11 Starmaker F: 01374B(10) W(56)( T- Steven Woodsford )Won't need to improve much to figure in the finish here. Impressive winner four back and an in-form jockey takes the ride.Next Best6 Happy Hitter F: 15553B(7) W(57)( T- John Blackadder )Hasn't run a bad race for awhile now and that's good form for this. Drawn to get a nice sit in the run and strike.Include in Multis7 Dutch Courage F: 57X06B(1) W(57)( T- Malcolm Price )PlacedDividend : $2.30Needed both runs back and the inside draw should see it sit close to the pace and kick strongly. Nice chance.Longer Odds10 Swiss Eire F: 52866B(5) W(57)( T- M & M Pitman )Gets 3kg off its back and it could turn around some moderate form.
RemarksAnother wide open field in this sprint
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 17.30Place1 8 $ 5.20Place2 7 $ 2.30Place3 5 $ 4.70Quinella 7:8 $ 58.20Trifecta 8:7:5 $ 2045.20First4 8:7:5:2 $ 2627.90Double 6+/8 $ 41.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 6, 7, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - NEIL KINGSTON & DAVE GRANT MAIDEN MILETime: 2:44 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Zurafaa F: X3242B(10) W(56.5)( T- Laurie Jarvis )PlacedDividend : $1.40Three times placed already this campaign and it could finally turn consistent form into winning form. Drawn deep but that won't worry it.Main Danger2 Billabong Billy F: 36082B(4) W(58.5)( T- Russell McKay )WonDividends : $5.20 $2.10Looked much better when second last time out. Gets a good run from the draw and it could be right around the mark.Next Best3 Aristotle F: 0X003B(5) W(58.5)Turned around some awful form with a third placing last time out. Should be able to handle this opposition and run well.Include in Multis6 Take The Deel F:B(14) W(58.5)( T- Brian Court )Nicely bred type which has shown ability at the trials. Needs to navigate the wide draw but that shouldn't be too much of an issue.Longer Odds9 Pop Diva F: 0X250B(9) W(56.5)( J- Kozzi Asano )Chance to rebound after a disappointing effort last start.
RemarksBig field with many improving maiden types
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 5.20Place1 2 $ 2.10Place2 12 $ 8.10Place3 7 $ 1.40Quinella 2:12 $ 85.40Trifecta 2:12:7 $ 715.90First4 2:12:7:1 $ 8179.10
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (2) Billabong Billy(3) Aristotle (7) ZurafaaR6 (2) Manhattan Fire(3) Valentia (6) Major Ish Choux (8) ZayzayR7 (2) Princess El Jay(3) Baban (4) Yamato NadeshikoR8 (1) King Of The Dance(8) Hard But Fair (11) Nifty (12) Sulu SeaQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - THE JOLLY POTTER & SUPREME EQUINE FEEDS HCPTime: 3:19 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'2 Manhattan Fire F: 77412B(11) W(58.5)( T- J & K Parsons )In good form with a win two back and a good placing last time out. Gets some weight off its back and it could run well here.Main Danger6 Major Ish Choux F: 02862B(5) W(56.5)( J- Kylie Williams )Trying hard to win after two second placings from its last four starts. Each way money on offer for this consistent type.Next Best8 Zayzay F: 36661B(7) W(56.5)( T- Murray Tapper )Comes into this off a win and it could go bang bang. Has betting support and every chance to win again.Include in Multis3 Valentia F: 54805B(9) W(58)( T- L & R Didham )Hasn't won or placed for some time now but it has been threatening. This could be the right race to strike at nice odds.Longer Odds7 Reliable Glow F: 30341B(3) W(56.5)( T- M & M Pitman )PlacedDividend : $3.803kg claim helps and it comes into this after a win. Worth including.
RemarksPunters are getting good odds for most runners in this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 8.70Place1 13 $ 3.00Place2 11 $ 5.60Place3 7 $ 3.80Quinella 11:13 $ 96.50Trifecta 13:11:7 $ 1977.10First4 13:11:7:14 $ 2056.70Double 2/13 $ 54.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - CENTRAL SI OWNERS & TRAINERS ASSN HCPTime: 3:52 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Princess El Jay F: 87160B(5) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Good win three back but has struggled since. Better chances of winning against this level of opposition.Main Danger3 Baban F: 53710B(7) W(55)( T- J & K Parsons )Got taken on in front last start and it capitulated in the straight. Shouldn't have too much pressure here and the 3kg claim helps.Next Best4 Yamato Nadeshiko F: 87076B(4) W(54.5)( T- Jackie Burrows )Gets in with 52.5kg on the back and every chance to turn around its form. Made some ground from the back last time out.Include in Multis5 Villeret F: 37570B(1) W(54)( T- Aaron Taylor )Inside draw and light weight. Has a recent placing to boast and it could score a minor upset.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'6 Head Office F: 55860B(2) W(54)( T- Charles/Corbett )WonDividends : $19.60 $5.40Needs to find form and quickly, but this race is there for the taking.
RemarksSmall field with money with the top three runners
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 19.60Place1 6 $ 5.40Place2 2 $ 1.50Quinella 2:6 $ 18.10Trifecta 6:2:5 $ 304.90First4 6:2:5:8 $ 1709.20Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - JOHNNY WALSH & THE HANLEY FORMULA STAYERS MAIDENTime: 4:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 King Of The Dance F: 80272B(5) W(58.5)( T- Charles/Corbett )WonDividends : $3.70 $1.80Two placings from its last three starts. Has more form than most in this field and that should shine through here. Nice chance.Main Danger11 Nifty F: 56533B(12) W(56.5)( T- Steven Woodsford )PlacedDividend : $2.30Looking for three consecutive placings but it could go a touch better than that. Tricky draw but weight comes off so consider.Next Best12 Sulu Sea F: 63539B(9) W(56.5)( J- Gee Saejorhor )( T- Champion/Murphy )PlacedDividend : $2.40Needs to overturn a rather poor effort last start but the 4kg claim helps. Could break through soon and this would be the race to do it.Include in Multis8 Hard But Fair F: 23630B(11) W(56.5)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Danny Crozier )Didn't fire last time out but its form prior was good. Capable on its day and it shouldn't be too far away from them.Longer Odds13 Eliza Long F: 49094B(10) W(56.5)More than capable of causing a big upset at odds.
RemarksAnother maiden field to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.70Place1 1 $ 1.80Place2 12 $ 2.40Place3 11 $ 2.30Quinella 1:12 $ 12.20Trifecta 1:12:11 $ 99.50First4 1:12:11:2 $ 2531.20Double 6/1+ $ 80.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 8, 11, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%