Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - MORE FM DASH MAIDENTime: 11:02 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Highland Lady F: 3X842B(3) W(56.5)( T- Terri Rae )Really should have won a race by now but gets its best chance here. Good run for second last start and it should be going close.Main Danger1 Liam F: 5240XB(5) W(58.5)( J- Tanya Jonker )( T- M & M Pitman )WonDividends : $6.40 $2.70Fresh up and it has an improved rider in the saddle. Gets some weight off its back and that bodes well for this.Next Best7 Castlereigh F: X0265B(6) W(56.5)( J- Kylie Williams )( T- Cheri Trembath )Looked the goods three back when running second. Battling efforts since but it should go close here with a good ride.Include in Multis2 Leonardo F: 4765XB(1) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $3.20Gets the inside draw for its fresh up run. Showed enough last preparation to suggest it could go close here. Include at each-way odds.Longer Odds8 Faux Pas F: 0X844B(11) W(56.5)( T- Sharon Robertson )PlacedDividend : $3.00Has been pressing on well of late and it could go close.
RemarksWide open maiden to start the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 6.40Place1 1 $ 2.70Place2 8 $ 3.00Place3 2 $ 3.20Quinella 1:8 $ 42.80Trifecta 1:8:2 $ 503.60First4 1:8:2:5 $ 1007.40Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - EQUINE VETERINARYSERVICES SPRINT MAIDENTime: 11:32 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Kandhu F: 2B(7) W(56.5)Handy enough on debut when running second and a maiden win won't be far off. Chris Johnson rides and it looks a strong chance.Main Danger6 Altamente F: 0X062B(4) W(56.5)( J- Doni Prastiyou )( T- Mark Harris )Turned around some moderate form with a second placing last start. Heading in the right direction and it's well weighted to score.Next Best1 Gerry Joyce F: 25B(2) W(58.5)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )( T- Jo-Ann Gordon )Placed on debut and wasn't all that far away last time out. Drawn well and the odds on offer makes it a play here.Include in Multis2 Tap 'n' Go F: 3B(5) W(58.5)( T- White/Callaway )PlacedDividend : $2.30Right around the mark on debut on this track. That helps and we're expecting another solid effort.Longer Odds13 Wynmoore F: 657B(1) W(56.5)( J- Tanya Jonker )( T- Kenny Moore )WonDividends : $9.90 $3.30Has upside and the inside draw. Could add some value.
RemarksMany of these will break maiden grades soon
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 9.90Place1 13 $ 3.30Place2 2 $ 2.30Place3 10 $ 4.40Quinella 2:13 $ 27.70Trifecta 13:2:10 $ 660.40First4 13:2:10:4 $ 3651.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 7, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - MCINTOSH CATERING HANDICAPTime: 12:02 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'7 Miss Ricky Bobby F: 1B(6) W(57)( T- Terri Rae )Nicely-bred type which drifted in the betting on debut but scored easily. Heading through the grades and it could remain unbeaten.Main Danger3 Take Me There F: X0762B(11) W(58.5)( T- Ross Beckett )Drawn deep but with a good ride it should be in the finish. Indicated a return to form when running second last start. Chance here.Next Best2 Dutch Courage F: 62561B(10) W(59.5)( T- Malcolm Price )PlacedDividend : $3.20Last start winner which could kick on with it now that it has broken through. Punters are getting good odds and they're worth taking.Include in Multis14 Miss Tanira F: 91003B(2) W(55.5)( T- Bruce Tapper )Gets in well off on the weights with 51.5kg on its back. Has won this campaign and could add another at nice odds.Longer Odds9 Don't Be Cheeky F: 0X397B(8) W(56.5)( J- Amless Bohorun )( T- Stephen Blair-Edie )Good third when fresh and a similar run sees it go close.
RemarksPlenty of money with the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 18.10Place1 6 $ 6.20Place2 2 $ 3.20Place3 12 $ 6.60Quinella 2:6 $ 83.60Trifecta 6:2:12 $ 2958.00First4 6:2:12:1 $ 6502.50Double 6/6 $ 86.00Treble 1/13/6 $ 1817.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 7, 9, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - ONCEUPONATIME 1200Time: 12:37 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Black Label F: 1X117B(3) W(58)( J- Kylie Williams )( T- Steve Tyler )Scored three consecutive wins before running seventh last time out. Paying nice odds to win here and it could rebound nicely.Main Danger8 Vasiliki F: 6X212B(1) W(56)( T- Lance Robinson )PlacedDividend : $2.00In good form with two second placings and a win this campaign. Gets the inside draw here and it should have every chance to win again.Next Best1 Celtic Cross F: 63232B(2) W(59.5)PlacedDividend : $1.90Comes into calculations with the 4kg claimer. In consistent form with four straight placings and it should enjoy the conditions.Include in Multis2 Nakyama F: X4786B(10) W(59)Another which should enjoy the conditions. 3kg coming off its back and it only needs to navigate the wide draw.Longer Odds7 Express Rip F: X11X5B(8) W(57.5)( T- Neil Coulbeck )Has ability and could show that at nice odds in this.
RemarksThe first eight runners are quoted at single-figure odds
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 5.20Place1 6 $ 2.10Place2 8 $ 2.00Place3 1 $ 1.90Quinella 6:8 $ 15.10Trifecta 6:8:1 $ 122.30First4 6:8:1:5 $ 1118.60Double 6/6 $ 86.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - PHIL EDWARDS MILE MAIDENTime: 1:12 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Itemize F: 30X63B(9) W(58.5)WonDividends : $4.50 $1.40Requires a good ride from out wide but it has time to get in. Better run for third last start and that was a good sign going forward.Main Danger7 Jandles F: 30572B(5) W(56.5)( T- Terry Kennedy )Might need the gumboots instead but that was a nice effort for second last start. Looks set for a win and the money is on.Next Best8 Figeameout F: X5647B(2) W(56.5)( T- Lance Robinson )PlacedDividend : $1.60Battling efforts of late but it has found a winnable race here. Gets a good run from the draw and there has been good money placed. Chance.Include in Multis6 Barzellar F: 55025B(10) W(56.5)( J- Rahul Beeharry )( T- John Blackadder )Gets some valuable weight off its back and that could help turn the tables. Doesn't need to improve too much to win.Longer Odds3 My Cashier F:B(4) W(58.5)( T- G & M Eade )Could cash in on debut. Nice odds.
RemarksAnother big field of maiden runners
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.50Place1 1 $ 1.40Place2 8 $ 1.60Place3 5 $ 11.10Quinella 1:8 $ 8.00Trifecta 1:8:5 $ 457.20First4 1:8:5:4 $ 3355.60Quaddie 13/6/6/1 $ 6194.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - ASCOT SPORTSHOUSE & EATERY MAIDENTime: 1:47 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Battle Man F: 04225B(4) W(58.5)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Danny Crozier )Back-to-back placings earlier this campaign before running fifth last time out. Right in this with a good run in transit. Top chance.Main Danger12 Elva F: 48306B(11) W(56.5)Needs a lift in confidence but this would be the race to do it. Drawing wide but not be all that bad this time of the day. Johnson rides.Next Best2 Brother Will F: 99030B(2) W(58.5)( J- Doni Prastiyou )Not the most consistent runner in the world but has enough talent on its day to win this. Punters are getting each-way odds.Include in Multis6 Dundee Flag F: 0X057B(1) W(58.5)( J- Jacob Lowry )Has an inside draw and hasn't been all that far away to date. Betting suggests a good run is on the cards.Longer Odds3 Sounds Promising F: 46X9B(5) W(58.5)( T- Leda Beck )PlacedDividend : $4.10Chance given the weight coming off its back.
RemarksAnother huge field with good odds on offer
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 6.20Place1 11 $ 2.10Place2 3 $ 4.10Place3 5 $ 4.90Quinella 3:11 $ 43.70Trifecta 11:3:5 $ 1034.80First4 11:3:5:12 $ 7901.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - SOUTH CANTERBURY SADDLERY 1600Time: 2:22 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Manhattan Fire F: 12092B(4) W(58.5)Handles the conditions and is currently paying each-way odds to win. Should be right around the mark following its last start placing.Main Danger6 Mowenna F: 35301B(9) W(57.5)Comes into this with an impressive last start win. Could easily kick on with it now and be right around the mark. Top chance.Next Best10 Stellacanto F: 19928B(6) W(56)( T- Maurice Forde )Hasn't had the best of luck this preparation but does have the talent. Gets some weight off the back to help here.Include in Multis5 Whiskey In The Jar F: 80X45B(2) W(58.5)( T- Steven Woodsford )Much better runs this time in since resuming after a spell. Heading in the right direction and it should be around the mark.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'1 Thom Brown F: 30106B(3) W(59)( T- Steven Woodsford )Has ability on its day and is worth including at the price.
RemarksCracking field to kick off the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 18.40Place1 9 $ 4.30Place2 3 $ 6.10Place3 11 $ 2.70Quinella 3:9 $ 130.40Trifecta 9:3:11 $ 4404.60First4 9:3:11:7 $ 3219.50Double 9/2+ $ 59.30
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (2) Manhattan Fire(5) Whiskey In The Jar (6) Mowenna (10) StellacantoR8 (2) Albut Me(4) Jin Lu (7) Irish ExpressR9 (2) Londonderry Air(3) Locally SaucedR10 (3) Midnite Kaos(6) Roc The Cradle (7) Valentia (9) Ballet ChouxQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - AGRICOM HANDICAPTime: 2:57 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Albut Me F: 62212B(10) W(61)WonDividends : $2.70 $1.40Hasn't been out of the first two home at its last four starts. That's tough form to overlook and it gets 3kg off its back. Right in this.Main Danger4 Jin Lu F: 31933B(9) W(59)Good win four back and it has been going close since. Doesn't need to improve all that much to beat this field. Include in win bets.Next Best7 Irish Express F: 66311B(6) W(58.5)( T- Ellis Winsloe )PlacedDividend : $2.10Searching for three wins on the bounce after posting two good wins. Likes the conditions and it should be tough to beat once again.Include in Multis6 Tuilana F: 76016B(12) W(58.5)( T- Neil Coulbeck )Impressive winner two back and although beaten last start, it wasn't disgraced. Could add some value at nice odds.Longer Odds3 The Man F: 09797B(3) W(60)Drawn to get a nice run and it gets some weight off its back.
RemarksShould be a good form race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 2.70Place1 2 $ 1.40Place2 7 $ 2.10Place3 8 $ 4.30Quinella 2:7 $ 8.30Trifecta 2:7:8 $ 150.60First4 2:7:8:5 $ 1192.60Double 9/2+ $ 59.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - RACE IMAGES (CHCH) 2200Time: 3:37 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Locally Sauced F: 90833B(5) W(55)( T- G & T Shaw )Should enjoy racing against this level of opposition and the money has been piled on. Looks tough to beat.Main Danger2 Londonderry Air F: 31515B(4) W(58)( J- Jacob Lowry )PlacedDividend : $1.60Wasn't given much of a chance to win last time out. Is better than that and punters should look to its prior form. Big danger.Next Best4 Pamir F: 4420XB(2) W(54)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- John Luxton )Fresh up and it doesn't take long to find form. Punters are getting good odds due to the money on the favourites. Include.Include in Multis1 The Gordonian F: 02399B(6) W(59.5)( T- Jo-Ann Gordon )Just out of form a touch but it could be the quick improver of the field. Chance in this at double-figure odds.Longer Odds7 Jildi Jildi F: 30X42B(8) W(54)( T- Sarah Haisma )Handy run for second and it could cope with this class. Chance.
RemarksAnother terrific form race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 22.90Place1 5 $ 5.60Place2 2 $ 1.60Quinella 2:5 $ 25.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - END OF SEASON STAYERSTime: 4:12 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Midnite Kaos F: X6732B(8) W(58)( J- BB Hong )( T- Andrea Dickson )In good form having placed at its last two. Gets some weight off its back and it shouldn't take long to win. Big chance.Main Danger6 Roc The Cradle F: 86730B(12) W(57.5)Drawn deep but it might settle wide and come down the outside. 4kg claimer in the saddle so expect a nice run here.Next Best7 Valentia F: 59780B(2) W(57)Out of form but it doesn't need to improve too much to score here. Should be right around the mark.Include in Multis9 Ballet Choux F: X4055B(14) W(55.5)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Danny Crozier )Another drawn wide but it has been going through its gears nicely this season. Good chance to score an upset.Longer Odds13 Lady Em F: 85456B(6) W(54)( T- Brett Inglis )Could add some value in this.
RemarksGood each-way value in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 14 $ 7.70Place1 14 $ 2.90Place2 8 $ 4.10Place3 10 $ 3.00Quinella 8:14 $ 58.70Trifecta 14:8:10 $ 1178.00First4 14:8:10:11 $ 4512.90Double 5/14 $ 143.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 6, 7, 9, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%