Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - MCMILLAN EQUINE FEEDS & MORE FM MAIDEN SPRINTTime: 12:29 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Just Tickety Boo F: 33XB(12) W(58.5)( J- Kin Kwo )( T- Ross Beckett )PlacedDividend : $1.90Showed ability last prep with two thirds. Trialed very well and can win fresh up.Main Danger5 Exclaim F: 02824B(10) W(56.5)( J- Yong Chew )PlacedDividend : $1.50Nice run for fourth with apprentice on last time. Form prior was good and looks a chance from even with the wide gate.Next Best9 Rocket Ship F:B(13) W(56.5)( J- Sanu Toolooa )( T- K & P Hughes )WonDividends : $21.90 $5.50Trialed excellent at Riccarton and can make a winning debut.Include in Multis3 Are There F:B(11) W(57)( T- Bruce Tapper )Nothing known but very well supported. WatchLonger OddsThe 'Best Roughie'14 So You Reign F:B(5) W(55)( T- Terri Rae )Making debut from a stable whose runners are always competitive. Chance at odds.
RemarksFirst race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 21.90Place1 9 $ 5.50Place2 1 $ 1.90Place3 5 $ 1.50Quinella 1:9 $ 46.60Trifecta 9:1:5 $ 422.50First4 9:1:5:13 $ 3052.80Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 9, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - CATERING SOUTH CANTERBURY 1200Time: 1:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Running Man F: 60X57B(8) W(58.5)( J- Samantha Wynne )Unlucky fresh up. Wide the trip last time but battled well and looks well placed to winMain Danger2 Alonzo F: 70X01B(6) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.40Dead heat winner last start. Always shown ability and stable confident today.Next Best7 Titanium Jack F: X0900B(10) W(58.5)Struggling but the runs two and three back had merit and meets the right race today.Include in Multis5 Lincoln Zephyr F: 00750B(9) W(58.5)( T- Cheri Trembath )Capable on his day and that could be todayLonger Odds12 Miss Maxipark F: 40X80B(3) W(56.5)( J- Amless Bohorun )( T- Stephen Blair-Edie )PlacedDividend : $2.70Been disappointing this prep but now third up might be ready to show her best.
RemarksThe 1 win horses do battle here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 39.40Place1 6 $ 7.50Place2 12 $ 2.70Place3 2 $ 1.40Quinella 6:12 $ 149.10Trifecta 6:12:2 $ 1789.20First4 6:12:2:5 $ 9712.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 7, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - ONCEUPONATIME & NIGHT N DAY PARK DASHTime: 1:39 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'7 Wekaforce F: X3162B(2) W(56)( T- Terri Rae )WonDividends : $2.00 $1.30Beaten hot fav two back. Strong run race didn’t suit last time but was game in defeat. Got a great draw and if she gets a soft lead will be hard to beat.Main Danger2 Mr Typhon F: X4001B(11) W(58)Hard track at Cromwell reason for improved performance. Good 3 today and he was very impressive winning last time.Next Best8 Vendima F: 5X762B(12) W(54)Much better last time when second. Got a big finish on her day and should be running home today.Include in Multis1 Killarney F: 74404B(8) W(59)PlacedDividend : $2.40Been only fair his last two but been freshened and meets a weaker field than previous runs.Longer Odds3 Nowhere Man F: 7653XB(9) W(57.5)Good galloper who can run well in a fresh state today.
RemarksVery competitive sprint race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 2.00Place1 7 $ 1.30Place2 1 $ 2.40Place3 5 $ 3.60Quinella 1:7 $ 9.00Trifecta 7:1:5 $ 129.00First4 7:1:5:2 $ 674.00Double 6/7+ $ 80.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - WILLOW GLEN STUD & MONGOLIAN FALCON MAIDEN 1600Time: 2:14 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Charlie Brown F: 2B(9) W(58.5)( T- Michael Daly )Very game run on debut when second. Likely to go forward and could take some beating.Main Danger1 Aristotle F: 8X082B(10) W(58.5)Good run when second last time at Riccarton. Chance today if he gets a nice run.Next Best8 Kandhu F: 68902B(13) W(56.5)WonDividends : $4.10 $1.90Much better when second last time if she holds her form will go close today.Include in Multis10 Rockwithme F: X553XB(1) W(56.5)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )( T- Ashley McKay )Was in good form last prep. If fit enough can make her presence felt.Longer Odds12 Succoso Segreto F: 40X60B(5) W(56.5)( J- Brett Murray )PlacedDividend : $5.70Good effort fresh. Disappointing last time and can run well at odds.
RemarksFull field with some nice maiden runners
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 4.10Place1 8 $ 1.90Place2 12 $ 5.70Place3 9 $ 4.70Quinella 8:12 $ 49.10Trifecta 8:12:9 $ 933.90First4 8:12:9:7 $ 5116.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 8, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACETime: 2:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Fine And Dandee F: 17X73B(12) W(58)( T- Nicky Lloyd )Huge run last time at Riccarton. Now third up looks ready to win.Main Danger4 Gloss F: 63429B(13) W(58)Has been very honest this prep. Been freshened since last racing and I expect her to be running home strongly.Next Best2 Mowenna F: 010X4B(1) W(58.5)Won well three back in her previous prep. Returned with a nice fourth fresh up and got the right draw today.Include in Multis7 Thunder Bay F: 180X6B(4) W(57.5)WonDividends : $4.90 $2.10Solid run fresh up when sixth. Both fails last prep came in Stakes races.Longer Odds14 Boyslightup F: 62656B(6) W(56)( T- Danny Frye )Going well enough this prep. Got home well last time and suited by the distance.
RemarksVery even field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 4.90Place1 7 $ 2.10Place2 1 $ 2.90Place3 9 $ 5.50Quinella 1:7 $ 20.90Trifecta 7:1:9 $ 555.00First4 7:1:9:10 $ 9094.80Double 8+/7+ $ 17.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 7, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - DOMINATOR DOORS WIN A WATCH MAIDEN 1600Time: 3:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'7 Wondering F: X2785B(5) W(56.5)( J- Terry Moseley )Made southern debut last time and was quite unlucky. Showed ability in the north and looks a good chance at each way oddsMain Danger4 Too Ferlaxed F: 44042B(4) W(56.5)( T- Steven Woodsford )WonDividends : $4.20 $1.80Good second last time at Ashburton. Prior form was good and looks a good chance hereNext Best13 Nymphadora Tonks F: 5X964B(1) W(55)Has really improved with Blinkers on with two strong finishes suited by the 1600 and should go close today.Include in Multis2 Jack Be Quick F: 55B(6) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.80Both fifths have been good and suited the increase in distance.Longer Odds6 Figeameout F: 23477B(9) W(56.5)( J- Yong Chew )On her day she can ready gallop and the short trip may help chances here.
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 4.20Place1 4 $ 1.80Place2 14 $ 3.80Place3 2 $ 1.80Quinella 4:14 $ 24.60Trifecta 4:14:2 $ 203.10First4 4:14:2:9 $ 5492.90Treble 8+/7+/4+ $ 88.60
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (2) Jack Be Quick(4) Too Ferlaxed (7) Wondering (13) Nymphadora TonksR7 (2) He Kin Fly(4) Ticket To Ride (5) Monza CircuitoR8 (1) Forged(2) The Growler (7) Khimar WarR9 (3) Miss Diorella(5) MetasequoiaQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 6, 7, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - CRAIGMORE SUSTAINABLE HOLDINGS LTD TIMARU CUPTime: 4:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Ticket To Ride F: 26181B(5) W(55)In career best form winning Valachi Breeders three back. Was a solid winner last start and brings the right form to win this.Main Danger5 Monza Circuito F: 11144B(4) W(53)( T- Mike McCann )PlacedDividend : $2.50Too far last time but form prior when winning three in a row and that fourth two back in Valachi Breeders is the right form for this.Next Best2 He Kin Fly F: 54849B(7) W(57)( J- Lee Callaway )Coming back from Group 1 company. Good fourth in Couplands and that’s the right form for this.Include in Multis1 Who Dares Wins F: 1170XB(2) W(60)( J- Samantha Wynne )( T- T & L Prendergast )WonDividends : $8.00 $2.80Class galloper who is fresh up from a strong trial win. A bold run is expected.Longer Odds9 Savapak F: 49003B(3) W(53)Nice run at Invercargill over this trip and could be in it at odds
RemarksToday’s feature the Timaru Cup
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 8.00Place1 1 $ 2.80Place2 5 $ 2.50Place3 10 $ 7.90Double 4+/1 $ 27.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - CHAMPIONS OF SEADOWN MILETime: 4:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Khimar War F: 98582B(5) W(57.5)Building to a win after a good second behind Magnify. Can run a top race to win here.Main Danger1 Forged F: 440X3B(3) W(60)( T- Mike McCann )PlacedDividend : $2.50Good effort fresh up. No reason why we can’t see the right improvement for this race.Next Best2 The Growler F: 31016B(1) W(60)( J- Jason Laking )Good winner during Cup week two back. Was ok at Invercargill but the dryer track will help chances.Include in Multis11 Pop 'n' Rock F: 00233B(4) W(55.5)( T- T & L Prendergast )PlacedDividend : $2.00In career best form since entering the south never running a bad one. Should run another good consistent race here.Longer Odds6 Jin Lu F: 9X050B(10) W(57.5)Good effort two back when fifth. Only fair last time but can go close here at odds.
RemarksVery competitive leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 5.40Place1 10 $ 2.00Place2 11 $ 2.00Place3 1 $ 2.50Quinella 10:11 $ 14.20Trifecta 10:11:1 $ 170.30First4 10:11:1:2 $ 749.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 7, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - CENTRAL SI OWNERS & TRAINERS ASSN STAYERSTime: 5:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Miss Diorella F: X0852B(7) W(56)( J- Terry Moseley )( T- S & M Smith )Went a huge race last start for second. Dropping back in grade and should take some beating in the last.Main Danger5 Metasequoia F: 67682B(2) W(55.5)WonDividends : $4.80 $1.70Much improved effort last time for second. In the sort of race where she will run well.Next Best2 Stop Making Sense F: 66233B(4) W(56.5)( T- Steven Woodsford )Racing very honestly without winning. I expect a bold run today.Include in Multis4 Leuluai F: 58654B(6) W(56)( T- Charles/Corbett )Been racing well last three. The smaller field will help chances here.Longer Odds6 Scooby F: 70087B(5) W(55.5)( T- Champion/Murphy )PlacedDividend : $3.50Been struggling this prep but meets the right race to get back in form.
RemarksSmaller field to end the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.80Place1 5 $ 1.70Place2 1 $ 2.80Place3 6 $ 3.50Quinella 1:5 $ 26.50Trifecta 5:1:6 $ 388.80First4 5:1:6:2 $ 2163.70Double 10/5 $ 16.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%