Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - DUNEDIN CITY MOTORS FINANCIAL YEAR END SALE 1600Time: 12:22 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Owen Patrick F: 74763B(4) W(58)( J- Doni Prastiyou )( T- Charles/Corbett )WonDividends : $6.60 $2.60Moves south and its northern form could be good enough to take this out. Drawn well and should be fighting out the finish.Main Danger2 Jin Lu F: 60131B(10) W(59.5)( J- Jason Laking )( T- L & R Didham )Owns two recent wins and that's better form that most in this field. Bookmakers have it at nice odds and it should add good value.Next Best8 Pinup Coup F: 86351B(6) W(57.5)Scored a long overdue win last time out and it could kick on with it now. Drawn to get a nice drag into the race and be competitive.Include in Multis6 Just Push Play F: 14137B(9) W(59)( T- Steve Tyler )Only fair last time out but its form prior was much better. Owns two recent wins and it should be yet another solid each-way chance.Longer Odds11 Crispin F: 76X33B(2) W(54.5)( J- Courtney Barnes )Getting closer to a win with two recent placings. Nicely weighted and drawn well.
RemarksWide open field and punters are getting big value
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 6.60Place1 7 $ 2.60Place2 3 $ 2.30Place3 4 $ 3.30Quinella 3:7 $ 18.40Trifecta 7:3:4 $ 257.50First4 7:3:4:6 $ 477.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 6, 7, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - DUNEDIN CITY MOTORS ON ANDY BAY ROAD 1400Time: 12:57 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 I Got A Rock F: 4B(8) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Has upside after a nice effort for fourth when on debut. Drawn wide but Lisa Allpress takes the ride and there has been money for it.Main Danger2 Malawi F: 02B(5) W(58.5)WonDividends : $4.90 $1.80Didn't fire on debut but improved significantly to run second last time out. Get 1kg off its back and it's likely to be right around the mark.Next Best7 Elva F: 024B(6) W(56.5)( T- Andrew Carston )Last two efforts have been good. Likely to get a patient ride from Chris Johnson and it's another solid each-way chance.Include in Multis8 Chookie's Girl F: 43B(4) W(56.5)Knocking on the door after a solid third placing last start. Better for two runs in and it's only going to get better with more experience.Longer Odds6 Haka Star F: 24044B(11) W(56.5)( J- Terry Moseley )( T- Ellis Winsloe )Tough draw but it has been going well enough of late to consider at the odds.
RemarksAnother huge field with value throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.90Place1 2 $ 1.80Place2 9 $ 1.60Place3 3 $ 6.90Quinella 2:9 $ 8.30Trifecta 2:9:3 $ 383.30First4 2:9:3:8 $ 1269.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 6, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - DUNEDIN CITY FORD FINANCIAL YEAR END SALE 1200Time: 1:32 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Turncoat F: 410X1B(1) W(59.5)Resumed with an impressive win last start and that's a good sign going forward. Gets the inside draw and it won't have to come around a runner.Main Danger3 Miss Brahmos F: 51X25B(2) W(58)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )PlacedDividend : $1.80Ended its last campaign with a win and hasn't been too far away this campaign. Owns plenty of talent and that could show up here.Next Best5 Exemplar F: 80011B(6) W(56)WonDividends : $4.50 $2.70Back-to-back wins coming into this. That bodes well and it's another good ride for Allpress. Right in this.Include in Multis6 Juliette F: 1X7X4B(5) W(55.5)( T- Terry Kennedy )Sparingly raced which is concerning but there's plenty to like about its progressiveness. Could show up nicely in this.Longer Odds7 Nellie Bly F: 71281B(3) W(55.5)Owns a last start win and that's tough to overlook.
RemarksOnly a small field but it's one of the better fields of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.50Place1 5 $ 2.70Place2 3 $ 1.80Quinella 3:5 $ 8.60Trifecta 5:3:1 $ 44.40First4 5:3:1:2 $ 248.70Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - DUNEDIN CITY MAZDA FINANCIAL YEAR END SALE 1100Time: 2:07 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Don't Be Cheeky F: 830X3B(2) W(57.5)( J- Amless Bohorun )( T- Stephen Blair-Edie )Nice resuming run and it gets 3kg off its back. Drawn well and the odds on offer makes it a nice each-way pick.Main Danger5 Little Flick F: 1X426B(7) W(57.5)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )Yet to win this campaign but has looked good at times. 1kg off its back and its best form sees it winning this race.Next Best2 Supatwista F: 16755B(5) W(58.5)( T- Bruce Tapper )PlacedDividend : $2.70Struggling a touch this campaign but the 3kg helps and it has a win to its name this preparation. Right in this with some slight improvement.Include in Multis1 Campo F: 8150XB(3) W(59)Fresh up and fresh with a 3kg claimer. Yet to show fresh up form but it could run a good race with some luck in running.Longer Odds6 Out Of Aces F: 891B(9) W(57.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Graeme Mee )Improved significantly to win last start and the penny might have dropped.
RemarksPlenty of well favoured types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 9.30Place1 3 $ 2.70Place2 11 $ 2.50Place3 2 $ 2.70Quinella 3:11 $ 26.50Trifecta 3:11:2 $ 516.40First4 3:11:2:1 $ 2822.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - DUNEDIN CITY USED CARS FINANCIAL Y/END SALE 2200Time: 2:41 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Slammer F: 63X81B(3) W(59)Much-improved run to win last time out. Likely to kick on with it now and punters are getting good odds. Right in this.Main Danger13 Baby Menaka F: 50492B(1) W(56)Much better effort for second last start. In-form rider in the saddle and the inside draw is a positive. Should be fighting out the finish.Next Best8 Manhattan Fire F: 74120B(13) W(58)Not sure what went wrong last start but it wasn't its usual self. Good win three back and the 3kg helps. Nice odds on offer.Include in Multis6 Grant F: 28413B(2) W(58.5)( J- Daniel Bothamley )( T- John Blackadder )Doesn't know how to run a bad race. Did the business two starts ago and it's not without a hope again here.Longer Odds12 The Style F: 33265B(6) W(56.5)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Robert Dennis )Finding it tough to win but it could run a nice race at double-figure odds.
RemarksEven field to kick off the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 14 $ 26.30Place1 14 $ 8.20Place2 5 $ 5.30Place3 3 $ 3.40Quinella 5:14 $ 298.80Trifecta 14:5:3 $ 8692.10First4 - $ 0.00
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (4) Slammer(6) Grant (8) Manhattan Fire (13) Baby MenakaR6 (4) Shezatoucha(6) Ablaze (10) Smiling AssassinR7 (1) Kiwi Ida(6) MoyrabellaR8 (1) Fire Show(4) Reevederci (7) Sainted Pearl (8) MontserratQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 6, 8, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - FORD RANGER NZ NO1 VEHICLE 2200Time: 3:16 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'4 Shezatoucha F: 03203B(5) W(56.5)Not having the most consistent season but that was a nice effort last start. Going well enough and it should be around the mark.Main Danger10 Smiling Assassin F: 93454B(2) W(54)PlacedDividend : $1.70Will appreciate the drop in weight to 54kg with Lisa Allpress in the saddle. Drawn well and it could add some value in this.Next Best6 Ablaze F: 59727B(4) W(55.5)Chris Johnson rides and although not consistent, it could add some value here. Track suits and we're expecting a tidy effort.Include in Multis1 Shakti F: 42155B(9) W(60)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )Impressive performance three back and hasn't been far off since. Big weight but gets some help and it shouldn't be too far off.Longer Odds2 The Gordonian F: 45302B(7) W(59.5)PlacedDividend : $5.70Put the writing on the wall last start and there's nothing wrong with that form.
RemarksLoose favourite and it's quality value race for punters
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 13.90Place1 12 $ 4.00Place2 10 $ 1.70Place3 2 $ 5.70Quinella 10:12 $ 39.10Trifecta 12:10:2 $ 1158.50First4 12:10:2:9 $ 18105.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - ALL NEW MAZDA 3 - 1ST JUNE 1400Time: 3:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Kiwi Ida F: 02413B(7) W(60)WonDividends : $3.70 $1.80Burst through the pack to win two back and hit the line well enough last start. Valuable 3kg off its back and expect another top effort.Main Danger6 Moyrabella F: 12X14B(8) W(54.5)PlacedDividend : $2.00Two wins from its last four starts and dropping to 54.5kg is going to help. Big chance here and it's paying odds worth taking.Next Best7 Zawhip F: 7X605B(1) W(54)( T- B & R Wilson )Inside draw and light weight. Those two factors always help and that was a handy effort for fifth last start. Worth including.Include in Multis8 Dreaming Easy F: 12612B(2) W(54)( J- Tanya Jonker )( T- Steve Tyler )Form reads well and it's another light weight chance at 52kg. Going well and it could handle the rise in class.Longer Odds4 Raise You Ten F: 24X08B(12) W(58)( J- Corey Campbell )Better for two runs in this campaign and the fitness levels are up now. Chance.
RemarksBest form race of the day and it should be an exciting contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.70Place1 1 $ 1.80Place2 10 $ 5.10Place3 6 $ 2.00Quinella 1:10 $ 38.20Trifecta 1:10:6 $ 415.90First4 1:10:6:11 $ 2579.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - DUNEDIN CITY MOTORS BIGGEST EVER SALE NOW 1400MTime: 4:21 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Fire Show F: 45736B(2) W(60)Finding it tough to win a race but gets its best chance for some time here. Apprentice takes 3kg off and it's right in this.Main Danger4 Reevederci F: 5X779B(9) W(59)( J- Brett Murray )( T- Jo-Anne Dalton )Not the best form coming into this but this class shouldn't pose too many problems. 2kg off and every chance to win.Next Best7 Sainted Pearl F: 16693B(11) W(57.5)( J- Jason Laking )( T- L & R Didham )Returned to form with a good third placing last start. On the way up again and it just needs some luck from out wide.Include in Multis10 Queen Jetsun F: 386X2B(12) W(56.5)( J- Kylie Williams )( T- T & L Prendergast )PlacedDividend : $3.20Resumed with a tidy effort for second last start. Tough draw but there's good betting support and it could run well.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'8 Montserrat F: 02232B(5) W(57)Four consecutive placings coming into this. Worth including at odds.
RemarksEach way all day field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 8.20Place1 5 $ 3.10Place2 10 $ 3.20Place3 2 $ 6.10Quinella 5:10 $ 37.10Trifecta 5:10:2 $ 1077.10First4 5:10:2:14 $ 5698.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 7, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%