Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - SPEIGHT'S 2200Time: 12:05 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Feel The Rush F: 91103B(9) W(54)( T- K & A Tyler )Put two together very good. Battled in Dunedin Guineas over 1500m. Good run for third over ground last start. Capable of taking out the firstMain Danger3 Riviera Rock F: 22935B(1) W(59)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- G & M Eade )PlacedDividend : $2.10Talented stayer who placed in Dunedin Gold Cup two back. Descent at Invercargill last start and well placed for a good performance hereNext Best7 Sister Monica F: 01141B(2) W(54.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Won 2 in a row before being disappointing at Gore. Won well last start and looks a hope hereInclude in Multis6 Scooby F: 73111B(4) W(55.5)( T- Champion/Murphy )In career best form winning his last three in good fashion. He keeps raising the bar and shouldn't be far away hereLonger Odds11 Out Of The Park F: 21517B(3) W(54)( T- Robert Dennis )WonDividends : $23.70 $5.50Worked hard the trip over 1600m. Won well over 2000m two back and the extra distance suits.
RemarksHardest race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 23.70Place1 11 $ 5.50Place2 3 $ 2.10Place3 7 $ 1.70Quinella 3:11 $ 65.30Trifecta 11:3:7 $ 800.00First4 11:3:7:10 $ 1841.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 6, 7, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - BOND CLINICAL & SPORTS MASSAGE 820Time: 12:40 | Distance: 820m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Lovebug F: 9110B(2) W(57)Impressive winning two in a row before tackling the Karaka Million. This is easier than that if she has travelled back wellMain Danger4 Chokito F: 261B(3) W(56)( J- Rahul Beeharry )( T- M & W Coles )PlacedDividend : $1.30Has been excellent in all three runs to date. Very good winning her most previous start.Next Best5 Kentucky May F: 2X5B(8) W(54.5)( T- N & B Blatch )Making southern debut. Good on debut at Otaki and on that cd form should be a hopeInclude in Multis2 Koputaroa F:B(5) W(56.5)( J- Chris Johnson )Has made nice ground at the trials placing in two and a win. Chance on debutLonger Odds6 Pikey Princess F: 2B(9) W(54.5)( J- Courtney Barnes )( T- Amanda Schwarz )PlacedDividend : $3.30Good effort for second on debut. Will only but improve on that
RemarksSmart 2 year old race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 12.30Place1 9 $ 2.60Place2 4 $ 1.30Place3 6 $ 3.30Quinella 4:9 $ 21.80Trifecta 9:4:6 $ 408.30First4 9:4:6:1 $ 1037.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - KB CONTRACTING 1200Time: 1:15 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Final Savings F: 09231B(2) W(58.5)( J- Chris Johnson )PlacedDividend : $1.60Hitting top form in his last three runs. Unlucky when second and third. Top effort to win last startMain Danger6 Tee Cee Coup F: X3032B(6) W(56.5)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )WonDividends : $3.40 $1.60Has gone two very good runs, storming home and just missing. In good form and will go closeNext Best4 Vasiliki F: 0X912B(7) W(57)( T- Lance Robinson )Won well here two starts back. Nice effort when second last time and should run well hereInclude in Multis5 Expedition F: 72121B(5) W(56.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- N & B Blatch )In great form winning two out of her last three finishing a good second in the other. Up in grade and will look to lead.Longer Odds1 Barabas F: 60581B(3) W(62.5)PlacedDividend : $3.10Last start winner who usually holds his form. Odds runner.
RemarksSmallish field with plenty of talent
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 3.40Place1 6 $ 1.60Place2 3 $ 1.60Place3 1 $ 3.10Quinella 3:6 $ 8.00Trifecta 6:3:1 $ 81.70First4 6:3:1:7 $ 323.70Treble 11/9/6+ $ 1102.50Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - ADMIN EXPRESS MAIDEN 1600Time: 1:50 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'8 Index F: X9225B(5) W(56.5)Very good when second on both occasions. Average at Southland last time but back on her home track. I think she will take a lot of beating.Main Danger1 Mustard F: 44524B(4) W(58.5)( T- Steven Prince )WonDividends : $4.00 $1.70Racing well. Good here two runs back. Nice effort last time at Invercargill and should run well hereNext Best11 Wondering F: 56837B(12) W(56.5)( T- Neill Ridley )Good third here two back. Made decent ground last time and off her northern form she should be very competitiveInclude in Multis6 Southern Gent F:B(2) W(58.5)( J- Courtney Barnes )Making debut. Comes for a good stable and has been well supported in the market. Expect a good debutLonger Odds3 Senor Moss F: 03795B(14) W(58.5)( T- Rebecca Bevin )Drops back in distance. Both runs three and four back over this trip were good and could surprise at odds even from a wide gate
RemarksPretty keen on my top pick
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.00Place1 1 $ 1.70Place2 13 $ 3.20Place3 2 $ 3.50Quinella 1:13 $ 23.90Trifecta 1:13:2 $ 409.70First4 1:13:2:4 $ 2005.70Double 6+/1 $ 11.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - NIND ELECTRICAL 1600Time: 2:25 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Killarney F: 21810B(6) W(58)PlacedDividend : $1.50Easy winner of the White Robe. Found Otaki WFA G1 too tough but looks hard to beat hereMain Danger5 Shirley Maude F: 92421B(8) W(54)( J- Doni Prastiyou )( T- Lisa Vaughan )Good effort when second in White Robe. Very good in a nice race at Invercargill and comes into this in great form.Next Best4 Shaara F: 16366B(1) W(55.5)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )( T- Jo-Ann Gordon )Making good ground over 1200 and 1400. Today's trip of 1600m suitsInclude in Multis7 Picture Me Rollin F: 14694B(3) W(54)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Jo-Anne Dalton )PlacedDividend : $2.20Made good ground last time. Ok in White Robe. If today suit backmarker that will helpLonger Odds3 He's Gold F: 65475B(2) W(57)( T- Champion/Murphy )Racing well enough and the low gate brings him into calculations
RemarksPlenty of chances with the White Robe winner leading our picks
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 15.40Place1 1 $ 3.70Place2 2 $ 1.50Place3 7 $ 2.20Quinella 1:2 $ 20.70Trifecta 1:2:7 $ 228.90First4 1:2:7:5 $ 778.30Quaddie 9/6+/1/1 $ 5024.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - POSITIVE SIGNS 1600Time: 3:04 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Beneficial F: X2234B(1) W(59)( T- Ross Beckett )PlacedDividend : $2.00Ultra consistent mare who was great for fourth in White Robe. Was a touch disappointing two back but suited to today's conditions.Main Danger2 Manhattan Flame F: 47X12B(13) W(59)( T- Michael Daly )PlacedDividend : $2.90Has been excellent in the south. Winning fresh up and then a great run for second last start. Off that will go closeNext Best9 Rosie Glow F: 31702B(12) W(57)( J- Kin Kwo )( T- K & A Tyler )Very good run for second last start. Same distance but drops in grade.Include in Multis6 Vouch F: 11823B(10) W(58)( T- Andrew Carston )Honest mare who will go forward. Only fail her last 5 runs came on Slow ground and should suit WingatuiLonger Odds3 Nopele F: 56346B(4) W(59)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )( T- Jo-Ann Gordon )WonDividends : $24.60 $6.60Been making very good ground without winning over 1200. 1600 looks suitable today.
RemarksA very even lineup and the tab thinks the same with every runner at each way odds
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 24.60Place1 3 $ 6.60Place2 1 $ 2.00Place3 2 $ 2.90Quinella 1:3 $ 65.50Trifecta 3:1:2 $ 915.80First4 3:1:2:7 $ 5037.20Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - DUNEDIN CASINO 1200Time: 3:39 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 The Precious One F: 03102B(9) W(54.5)( T- Claire Anderton )Good winning Listed sprint on Boxing Day. Failed in Telegraph and returned to her best last start.Main Danger4 Pippi Rea F: 59682B(4) W(57.5)Very good second last time and looks to be back to his best when winning 5 in a rowNext Best7 Morweka F: X1170B(2) W(54)( T- Terri Rae )Had excuses last start. Was in great form before an decent Stewards run. Will go close on her best.Include in Multis5 Johnny Jones F: 70243B(6) W(55.5)WonDividends : $6.30 $2.20Good efforts when running second and third. Unlucky two back could of won with more luck.Longer Odds2 Don Carlo F: X7186B(10) W(58.5)( T- Michael Daly )Talented sprinter who was run off his feet last time. Longer odds chance
RemarksHighly competitive open sprint
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 6.30Place1 5 $ 2.20Place2 8 $ 2.80Place3 11 $ 6.50Quinella 5:8 $ 25.30Trifecta 5:8:11 $ 999.40First4 5:8:11:9 $ 17195.10
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (4) Pippi Rea(6) The Precious One (7) MorwekaR8 (1) Fire Show(2) Mister Mocha (5) AlonzoR9 (2) Live Drama(3) Trifolium (5) Bronte Beach (7) SiracusaR10 (1) Outram(6) Milano (8) Sweet Oak (9) Highly UnlikelyQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - MCMILLAN EQUINE FEEDS 1200Time: 4:14 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Mister Mocha F: 66041B(2) W(59.5)Much better his last two runs. Nice effort two back at Wellington. Very good winner last start and looks a good chance to go back to back.Main Danger1 Fire Show F: 7367XB(6) W(59.5)PlacedDividend : $2.00Hasn't been seen at the races since May. Raced in some top races during his 3 year old season and if he is ready he will go closeNext Best5 Alonzo F: 13773B(7) W(58)Best run came last start at Riccarton. Ok prior and off last start looks ready for his best run.Include in Multis8 Juliette F: 32364B(10) W(57)( J- Jacob Lowry )( T- Terry Kennedy )Honest filly who always runs on. Will get back and expect a good run homeLonger Odds10 Blue Eyed Susie F: X0X45B(9) W(56)Has been good in both runs this prep. Chance at odds.
RemarksLooks like many chances in this leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 20.50Place1 7 $ 5.40Place2 1 $ 2.00Place3 4 $ 4.90Quinella 1:7 $ 45.30Trifecta 7:1:4 $ 1136.40First4 7:1:4:5 $ 2357.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - NZB AIRFREIGHT STAKES 1400Time: 4:49 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Live Drama F: 46321B(11) W(56.5)( T- Lance Robinson )Indicative Odds: $5.50In great form just missing the Gore Guineas then she was freshened to win at Riccarton. She’s looks primed for today’s feature.Main Danger3 Trifolium F: 63461B(3) W(56.5)( T- Fraser Auret )Indicative Odds: $2.60Talented CD filly who was very good winning at Tauherenikau beating Callsign Mav and off her best form will go close.Next Best5 Bronte Beach F: 76836B(14) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )Indicative Odds: $14.00Has ran two top races in Gore and Dunedin Guineas. Wide draw is a concern but expect a big finish.Include in Multis7 Siracusa F: 414XB(12) W(56.5)( T- Ramsay/Ritchie )Indicative Odds: $4.60Spelled since last racing. Made good ground at the trials. Nice winning maiden and was a solid fourth in Wellington Stakes.Longer Odds6 Asathought F: 443B(1) W(56.5)( T- Lisa Vaughan )Indicative Odds: $17.00Still a maiden runner but was unlucky not to win the Southland Guineas. Only concern is the drop in distance.
RemarksVery good field to contest today
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - NZB SOUTH ISLAND SALE FRIDAY 17 APRIL 1600Time: 5:24 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Sweet Oak F: 07422B(6) W(58)( T- Amanda Schwarz )Has run three very good races. Been leading her last two and if she does the same and they are struggling to make ground could prove hard to beat.Main Danger6 Milano F: 61673B(10) W(58.5)( T- Jo-Anne Dalton )Very nice run at Southland for third. Had been racing well enough prior and has the ability to run very well here.Next Best9 Highly Unlikely F: 23397B(2) W(57.5)Last couple of runs haven’t been the worst. Was building to a win and can get back in that form today.Include in Multis3 Flickitova F: 6X513B(5) W(59)Won maiden well before placing up a grade. Has to step up once again here.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'1 Outram F: X1498B(7) W(60)( J- Jacob Lowry )PlacedDividend : $5.10Stepping back in grade after struggling lately. Good win in this grade fresh up and looks a nice hope at odds here.
RemarksTough race to end the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 8.30Place1 5 $ 2.90Place2 1 $ 5.10Place3 4 $ 2.20Quinella 1:5 $ 78.60Trifecta 5:1:4 $ 1096.30First4 5:1:4:7 $ 2918.30Double 1/5 $ 39.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%