Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - AART ON ST ANDREW MAIDEN 1600Time: 11:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Our Boy Ritchie F: 4X304B(9) W(58.5)( T- K & A Tyler )His best form comes on wetter tracks but does have ability and can perform on this track todayMain Danger10 Scandalous F: 262X0B(7) W(56.5)( T- Steven Prince )Needed resuming run and her form last prep would suggest she will be in the fight.Next Best9 Sadler's Lass F: 29X28B(14) W(56.5)Very ordinary last start after a decent fresh up run. On a better track today will help her chancesInclude in Multis3 My Cashier F: L4B(6) W(58.5)( J- Kin Kwo )( T- G & M Eade )Got luck last start and showed a good finish, Handles the track and he won't be far away.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'8 Solar Tide F: 678X6B(13) W(58.5)( T- Charles/Corbett )Performed in the north in limited career and could be the sort of race he can again.
RemarksFirst race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 24.10Place1 7 $ 6.10Place2 11 $ 5.60Place3 4 $ 6.30Quinella 7:11 $ 155.00Trifecta 7:11:4 $ 2474.30First4 - $ 0.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 8, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - IDEAL ELECTRICAL 1600Time: 12:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Picture Me Rollin F: 314X1B(7) W(60.5)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Jo-Anne Dalton )Very impressive winner fresh up on a heavy track. Handles better going and looks to have any amount of ability.Main Danger8 Bakela F: 45275B(1) W(58.5)WonDividends : $7.70 $2.40Been racing pretty well all campaign. From the ace draw could help his chances.Next Best4 Taponisme F: 5X204B(9) W(59.5)( J- Lee Callaway )( T- K & I Taplin )Good run fresh up then was good again third up. Brings the best form and a Chance in thisInclude in Multis7 Bluey's Chance F: 15486B(2) W(59)( J- Rahul Beeharry )( T- Kenny Moore )PlacedDividend : $2.60Put two together during the winter and going well in higher grades. Drop in grade will help.Longer Odds3 Ringbolt F: 40115B(8) W(59.5)( T- Jo-Ann Gordon )In good form and could be the odds runner.
RemarksVery interesting race this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 7.70Place1 8 $ 2.40Place2 7 $ 2.60Place3 10 $ 3.20Quinella 7:8 $ 33.60Trifecta 8:7:10 $ 621.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - SPEIGHTS 1200Time: 1:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Black Label F: 31847B(7) W(59)( J- Zubair Bholah )( T- Steve Tyler )PlacedDividend : $2.20Speedy mare who has been freshened since last racing and performs very well on this trackMain Danger5 Pitch And Switch F: 338X0B(11) W(56.5)( J- Kylie Williams )( T- Terri Rae )Got plenty of ability. Was poor fresh up but her best form sees her in the money.Next Best3 Mediterranean Star F: 06818B(4) W(58)( T- Stephen Marsh )Good winner two back and didn't get all favours last start. Can figure in the finish.Include in Multis6 Sweet Oak F: 1120XB(12) W(56.5)( J- Courtney Barnes )( T- Amanda Schwarz )Put two together over this trip last prep and could run a bold race fresh up.Longer Odds7 The Sparkle F: 1577XB(5) W(56.5)( T- Robert Dennis )WonDividends : $11.70 $3.60Talented mare who can run a very good race today.
RemarksGood sprinting field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 11.70Place1 7 $ 3.60Place2 10 $ 2.50Place3 1 $ 2.20Quinella 7:10 $ 42.00Trifecta 7:10:1 $ 599.20First4 7:10:1:8 $ 7597.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - H & J SMITH 1200Time: 1:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Rocanto F: 36421B(6) W(60.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )WonDividends : $2.50 $1.40Easy winner last time and looks to have a class edge here.Main Danger1 Saber F: 24814B(10) W(61)PlacedDividend : $3.30In good form with a good win two back and a nice effort in open handicap last time. Likely to lead and could be hard to pass todayNext Best5 Mr Typhon F: 748X4B(3) W(57)Good fresh up. Will be fitter and the better track. Shouldn't be far away today.Include in Multis9 Zabay F: 220X5B(4) W(55.5)( T- B & S Anderton )Talented mare who will be fitter for fresh up run and looks one to include in your mulits hereLonger Odds3 Darci Mac F: 45020B(1) W(60)( T- L & R Didham )Good on his day like when second two back and can go well at odds.
RemarksAnother field of good southern sprinters. Could be a good race for multi punters.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 2.50Place1 2 $ 1.40Place2 1 $ 3.30Place3 6 $ 3.90Quinella 1:2 $ 12.10Trifecta 2:1:6 $ 188.30First4 2:1:6:3 $ 2992.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - CHEVEUX HAIR MAIDEN 1400Time: 2:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Speights F: 8X73B(4) W(57)( T- B & S Anderton )Plenty of Speights will be drunk at the races and especially if he wins. Improving every start and looks a good hope.Main Danger6 Havana Heights F: 40020B(1) W(56.5)( J- Courtney Barnes )WonDividends : $6.10 $2.00Just missed in the north two back. Southern debut has the form to win only concern is her breathing issuesNext Best1 Gerry Joyce F: 42246B(5) W(58.5)( T- Jo-Ann Gordon )PlacedDividend : $1.70Been knocking on the door. Wasn't the worst effort on Thursday. On the quick back up.Include in Multis3 Jiminy Cricket F: 8808XB(15) W(58.5)( T- Stephanie Clark )Showed ability early on. Fresh up today and could bring that form backLonger Odds14 Ginny F: 6X00B(7) W(55)Last two on heavy ground back on better ground could bring the best out of this mare.
RemarksMaiden event with many chances
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 6.10Place1 6 $ 2.00Place2 11 $ 5.30Place3 1 $ 1.70Quinella 6:11 $ 68.70Trifecta 6:11:1 $ 508.40First4 6:11:1:12 $ 3762.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - EDINBURGH REALTY MAIDEN 1200Time: 2:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Deceptio Visus F: 538X5B(3) W(58.5)( T- Steven Prince )WonDividends : $3.70 $1.70Will break maidens easy. Very good fresh up showed plenty last prep. The one to beat.Main Danger12 Kentucky Cougar F: 35B(13) W(55)Nice debut before struggling in the ground. First time on better going but should handle itNext Best11 Global Star F: 7X402B(8) W(55)( T- Bruce Tapper )Runs before and after fail in Listed Canterbury Belle where very good and looks a good hope in thisInclude in Multis6 Reliable Belle F: 5058XB(11) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.90Making southern debut. Ran some nice races in the north. Only concern is the distanceLonger Odds4 Our Echo F:B(14) W(57)( T- Danny Frye )Made ok ground at the trials. Odds runner.
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.70Place1 1 $ 1.70Place2 6 $ 1.90Place3 13 $ 4.40Quinella 1:6 $ 10.30Trifecta 1:6:13 $ 277.20First4 1:6:13:16 $ 2763.20Treble 2+/6/1+ $ 48.20
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Deceptio Visus(11) Global Star (12) Kentucky CougarR7 (2) Mister Mocha(7) Can't Say Enough (13) Below ZeroR8 (2) Irish Excuse(3) Son Of Maher (5) Ticket To Ride (8) TrudeauR9 (3) Kandari(5) Queen Jetsun (13) True EleganceQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 6, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - DUNEDIN CASINO 1200Time: 3:33 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Can't Say Enough F: 14B(3) W(57)( J- Lee Callaway )( T- Shane Laming )Indicative Odds: $3.40Smart on debut and was good at Riccarton since. Will go close here.Main Danger2 Mister Mocha F: 13X7B(6) W(59.5)Indicative Odds: $4.60Will be fitter for fresh up run. Showed plenty of promise last season with a third at Wellington during cup week and will go close.Next Best13 Below Zero F: 520X2B(13) W(56)( T- Craig Graham )Indicative Odds: $7.00Good run fresh up in southern debut. Performed well on firmer going in the north and must be includedInclude in Multis4 Plutonium F: 1694XB(9) W(59)( T- Jim Burns )Indicative Odds: $9.50Ran some nice races over this distance last prep and could figure in the finish fresh upLonger Odds6 Tickets On Her F: 46065B(10) W(57.5)( T- Maurice Forde )Indicative Odds: $18.00Mixes her form but on her day she can go close in this
RemarksVery competitive race
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 6, 7, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - HARCOURTS DUNEDIN 1400Time: 4:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Son Of Maher F: 748X9B(10) W(57)Indicative Odds: $5.50Didn't all the luck fresh up will be fitter and the best Son Of Maher is a group 2 winner.Main Danger2 Irish Excuse F: 64123B(1) W(60)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- Ellis Winsloe )Indicative Odds: $7.50In great form. Should get through the track and will be in the money.Next Best5 Ticket To Ride F: 10412B(9) W(54)( T- Andrew Carston )Indicative Odds: $4.20Another in great form winning two back and was just beaten last start. Track is the concernInclude in Multis8 Trudeau F: 14179B(8) W(54)( T- T & L Prendergast )Indicative Odds: $7.50Good during winter months on Dead footing. Heavy ground got to him at the end of his prep. Fresh up and can figure in the finish.Longer Odds4 Timy Tyler F: 9X232B(7) W(55)( J- Zubair Bholah )( T- K & A Tyler )Indicative Odds: $12.00In good form on heavy tracks and if he handles the firmer track looks the odds runner
RemarksThe feature on the race card
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - MEEHANS BY LIQUORLAND 750 GREAT KING ST 1400Time: 4:39 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Queen Jetsun F: 10592B(12) W(58)( T- T & L Prendergast )Honest mare who was good last start. Should handle the track and looks a nice each way hopeMain Danger13 True Elegance F: 55735B(14) W(56.5)( J- Rahul Beeharry )( T- Bruce Tapper )Unlucky in a higher grade last time. In very good form without winning but wouldn't surprise if she done it todayNext Best3 Kandari F: 43X58B(3) W(58.5)( J- Kylie Williams )( T- Terri Rae )WonDividends : $5.40 $2.10Top run over this trip fresh up. Struggled next but back in distance.Include in Multis11 Show Park F: 31B(1) W(57)( T- Steve Tyler )Won nicely last start. Stable confidence only concern is the better track.Longer Odds6 Field Of Fire F: 0444XB(11) W(58)( T- Craig Graham )Making south debut. Looks very good in north before his struggle but can go close today.
RemarksLast race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 5.40Place1 3 $ 2.10Place2 10 $ 5.30Place3 2 $ 4.80Quinella 3:10 $ 60.40Trifecta 3:10:2 $ 1274.70First4 3:10:2:5 $ 4501.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 6, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%