Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - OTAGO DAILY TIMES & HARBOUR FISH R72 1975Time: 12:39 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'3 Zedaam F: 24121B(6) W(57.5)( T- Amber Hoffman )WonDividends : $3.80 $1.30In outstanding form winning two out of last three very well. Top effort in defeat two back and looks hard to beat in the first.Main Danger2 Pinup Coup F: 54446B(7) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Been disappointing this prep. Ok before an ordinary run on Boxing Day. Must go close here on her best form.Next Best6 Vee Twelve F: X8662B(3) W(56.5)Good run at Timaru when second and if he backs up looks a good chance.Include in Multis1 He Ain't Heavy F: 54484B(2) W(59)( J- Lee Callaway )Has been racing well enough this prep and looks suited today.Longer Odds8 Producer F: 40X08B(4) W(54.5)( J- A Balloo )( T- Kenny Moore )Been disappointing but now third up will want to show his best.
RemarksSome good competitive chances in the first of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.80Place1 3 $ 1.30Place2 9 $ 5.40Place3 2 $ 1.60Quinella 3:9 $ 55.40Trifecta 3:9:2 $ 319.70First4 3:9:2:8 $ 2029.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - EAST OTAGO TRANSPORT, WAE AND GOLDEN FLEECE 0-1Time: 1:14 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Sister Monica F: 6X101B(5) W(58)WonDividends : $3.80 $1.50Good winner at Kurow two days ago. Off that run can make it two in a row.Main Danger7 Stop Making Sense F: 62334B(6) W(56.5)( T- Steven Woodsford )PlacedDividend : $1.40Expected to win at Timaru and was a touch unlucky. Good form prior and will run well today.Next Best2 Effervescent F: 00375B(4) W(58.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )Has been racing ok since he has been in the south. Trainer is expecting a bold run todayInclude in Multis1 Verses F: 81320B(2) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.10Freshened since NZ Cup week run. Was in good form prior and a chance if fit enough.Longer Odds4 Prediction F: X0784B(7) W(58.5)( T- Mickle Weastell )Better effort at Kurow last time and could run well.
RemarksLooks an even lineup
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 3.80Place1 6 $ 1.50Place2 7 $ 1.40Place3 1 $ 2.10Quinella 6:7 $ 6.30Trifecta 6:7:1 $ 57.70First4 6:7:1:10 $ 806.80Double 3/6 $ 12.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - CARGILLS, BLUESKIN NURSERY & PURE SERVICESTime: 1:49 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 All About Magic F: 25380B(4) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.30Talented Listed winning filly. Who is dropping back from 1000 Guineas. Should win.Main Danger5 Our Rosette F: X0600B(2) W(54)Maiden runner who has been struggling this season. Chance to run a top race.Next Best4 Lovebug F: 91B(5) W(54)WonDividends : $3.30 $1.50Two year old against three year olds but won nicely last time.Longer Odds3 He's Gangster F:B(1) W(56)( J- Lee Callaway )( T- Jamie Bullard )Been nice at trials and looks the best of the two debut runners.
RemarksOnly 5 go round in race 3 with 3 Team Pitman
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 3.30Place1 4 $ 1.50Place2 1 $ 1.30Quinella 1:4 $ 1.90Trifecta 4:1:5 $ 11.20First4 4:1:5:3 $ 18.80Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACETime: 2:24 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Miss Tilly Winks F: 57X13B(8) W(59)( T- Russell McKay )Good win fresh up. Nice effort when third at Cromwell and looks a good hope to get the pearl bonusMain Danger2 Arnage F: 55232B(3) W(59)PlacedDividend : $1.40Honest mare who was huge last start at Gore. Dropping back in grade and must be a good chance today.Next Best7 Miss Maxipark F: 0X802B(6) W(57)( J- Amless Bohorun )Much better at Timaru. If she performs like that today she will run well here.Include in Multis9 Our Girl Gilly F: 55033B(4) W(54)WonDividends : $3.80 $1.60Maiden runner who ran well at Kurow. The light weight gives her every chance.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'1 Tickets On Her F: 88718B(2) W(59.5)( T- Maurice Forde )Good effort to win two back. Wasn’t bad on Boxing Day and one for odds punters.
RemarksPearl bonus may go off here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 3.80Place1 9 $ 1.60Place2 2 $ 1.40Place3 5 $ 2.20Quinella 2:9 $ 7.10Trifecta 9:2:5 $ 74.00First4 9:2:5:6 $ 225.70Double 4/9 $ 14.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - GLAMOUR HOOVES RACING STABLES R82 1250Time: 2:59 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Belle Fascino F: 86122B(5) W(59)( T- Stephen Marsh )Won three back. Huge in Valachi Breeders then backed up with another second in Open company. Hasn’t raced since Cup week but looks a good chanceMain Danger3 Mr Typhon F: 40014B(1) W(57.5)Got a good track two starts back and won at big odds. Raced well at Timaru when fourth and should be a good chance here.Next Best7 Windsor F: 936X1B(6) W(54.5)( T- Terri Rae )WonDividends : $3.90 $1.70Won nicely fresh up. Will have every chance to go back to back here.Include in Multis9 The Swiss Maestro F: 7X021B(8) W(54)Good winner during Cup week on the final day. Hasn’t raced since but quite a good galloper over 1200m.Longer Odds4 Passito F: 29X48B(2) W(56.5)( J- Brett Murray )Good fourth fresh up. Struggled next and a chance at odds.
RemarksProbably the best field of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.90Place1 7 $ 1.70Place2 10 $ 4.30Place3 5 $ 2.40Quinella 7:10 $ 40.50Trifecta 7:10:5 $ 402.70First4 7:10:5:1 $ 2153.70
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Belle Fascino(3) Mr Typhon (7) WindsorR6 (5) Yannick(7) Index (15) Magnolia ManR7 (2) Son Of Maher(3) Camino Rocoso (5) ZentessaR8 (2) Red Light District(3) Mr Fahrenheit (7) KandhuQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - OTAGO TYRES,IRONIC & HOPE & SONS MDN 2YO&UP 1250Time: 3:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'7 Index F: 453X9B(3) W(56.5)( J- Corey Campbell )( T- B & S Anderton )PlacedDividend : $2.50Showed ability last prep when never out of the money. Needed resuming run and wouldn’t surprise if she won today at odds.Main Danger15 Magnolia Man F: 1B(2) W(59)WonDividends : $2.30 $1.40Deat heat winner on debut. Will be improved from the run and got the right draw to use.Next Best5 Yannick F: 7XB(9) W(57)( T- Jamie Bullard )Fresh up for new stable. Did enough at the trials to suggest a good run today.Include in Multis3 Mustard F: 78X44B(8) W(58.5)Both runs this prep have had merit. Draw no help but will be ready to go todayLonger Odds14 Sugar For My Honey F: 5B(1) W(56.5)( J- Amless Bohorun )Good debut run at Kurow and an odds chance if she handles the quick back up
RemarksDecent maiden field but scratchings haven’t helped
ResultsRace DividendsWin 15 $ 2.30Place1 15 $ 1.40Place2 7 $ 2.50Place3 12 $ 4.10Quinella 7:15 $ 10.30Trifecta 15:7:12 $ 123.30First4 15:7:12:10 $ 714.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 7, 14, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - DUNEDIN CASINO WAIKOUAITI CUP OPEN 1975Time: 4:09 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Camino Rocoso F: 50010B(3) W(58)WonDividends : $4.10 $2.10Lead when winning Cromwell Cup. Struggled in Tapanui Cup but back on for firm ground today.Main Danger2 Son Of Maher F: 50545B(1) W(59)Has ran three top races now. Good in Timaru Cup and looks ideally placed over more ground.Next Best5 Zentessa F: 32361B(7) W(54.5)( J- Doni Prastiyou )( T- Kennedy/Furlong )A dominant winner at Riccarton. Form prior good and if she handles the tight circuit she will go closeInclude in Multis6 Shezatoucha F: X7137B(5) W(54)PlacedDividend : $3.00A honest mare who won back in September. Good third behind Zentessa and another who struggled in Tapanui Cup.Longer Odds8 Pop 'n' Rock F: 02332B(6) W(54)( T- T & L Prendergast )In career best form. Racing very honestly and was good at Timaru. Chance here
RemarksOnly 7 start in today’s feature But it’s an even contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 4.10Place1 3 $ 2.10Place2 6 $ 3.00Quinella 3:6 $ 10.40Trifecta 3:6:2 $ 93.70First4 3:6:2:4 $ 480.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - BRENT LUCAS BUILDERS AND SKEVINGTONS MDN 1975Time: 4:44 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Red Light District F: 3663B(10) W(58.5)( J- Doni Prastiyou )( T- Kennedy/Furlong )All four runs in his career have been good. Nice run over ground at Ashburton and must be a good chance here.Main Danger7 Kandhu F: 89021B(6) W(58.5)WonDividends : $3.30 $1.70Won easy when leading at Timaru. If she handles the back up and distance she will go close.Next Best3 Mr Fahrenheit F: 0X844B(4) W(58.5)( T- Stephanie Clark )Both fourths on top of the ground have been good. The increase in distance suits and looks a live quaddie chance.Include in Multis9 Jingo F: 830X4B(11) W(56.5)( J- Sanu Toolooa )( T- K & P Hughes )PlacedDividend : $4.50Made good ground fresh up at Timaru. Only concern is the quick back up second up.Longer Odds4 Scandalous F: X0563B(5) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $2.60Improving off every run this prep. Good third last time at Otago and looks suited to the extra distance.
RemarksTough way to end the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.30Place1 7 $ 1.70Place2 4 $ 2.60Place3 9 $ 4.50Quinella 4:7 $ 14.40Trifecta 7:4:9 $ 278.60First4 7:4:9:10 $ 1825.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%