Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - SSANGYONG 2200Time: 11:40 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Claddagh F: 23144B(2) W(67)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- James/Wellwood )WonDividends : $1.60 $1.10Scored well three back and has run two good races against tough opposition since. Has been set at a low price by bookmakers so it loses value.Main Danger5 Mamba F: 62X24B(8) W(67.5)PlacedDividend : $1.30Was well-supported last start when battling on well for fourth. Form prior to that was good and the only worry is its lack of winning form.Next Best9 Top Actress F: 00490B(4) W(65)( T- Stephen McKee )Late scratched last time out. Form appears average but it has a nice turn-of-foot and running at highweight level could help.Include in Multis3 Lacustre F: 343X6B(5) W(69)( J- Aaron Kuru )( T- Samantha Logan )PlacedDividend : $2.60Looked good last campaign when placing in two of his last three. Had a nice hit out last start and it's a value pick.Longer Odds8 Henry Tudor F: 381X4B(7) W(65.5)( J- Emily Farr )( T- Samantha Logan )Hit the line nicely last which suggested it could win one shortly.
RemarksVery short-priced favourite in the opening event
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 1.60Place1 7 $ 1.10Place2 5 $ 1.30Place3 3 $ 2.60Quinella 5:7 $ 2.70Trifecta 7:5:3 $ 15.00First4 7:5:3:9 $ 44.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - HAUNUI FARM 2100 MDNTime: 12:13 | Distance: 2100m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Nerve Not Verve F: 29872B(11) W(56.5)( T- Moroney/Gerard )WonDividends : $2.10 $1.20Has had its chance to break maiden grades but keeps struggling in the run to the line. This is its best chance, despite drawing wide.Main Danger10 Ambitious Showgirl F: 38236B(2) W(56.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )PlacedDividend : $2.40Three placings from its last five starts and that's good enough form for this. Drawn well and it should be right around the mark.Next Best1 Thomas Aquinas F: 04522B(1) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Knocking on the door after consecutive placings. Won't have to do much work from the inside draw and it should be in the finish.Include in Multis7 Foodie King F: 5595B(13) W(58.5)( T- Wallace/Cooksley )Not quite finding its best form to date and barrier 18 hurts, but it has upside and improvement to come. Each way chance at the odds.Longer Odds2 Twin Spinner F: 435X2B(12) W(58.5)( T- Lesley Munro )Nothing wrong with its form heading into this. Could give Chris Dell an overdue win.
RemarksBig field and many of these will break maiden grades soon
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 2.10Place1 9 $ 1.20Place2 1 $ 1.50Place3 10 $ 2.40Quinella 1:9 $ 3.50Trifecta 9:1:10 $ 23.30First4 9:1:10:14 $ 381.80Double 7+/9+ $ 3.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 7, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - SPLICE CONSTRUCTION 1600 MDN HWTTime: 12:48 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Yatima F: 0X4B(5) W(66)WonDividends : $3.20 $1.40Showed little on debut but improved quickly to run fourth last start. Improving type which has a maiden win coming soon. Top chance.Main Danger1 Highland Dancer F: 62035B(7) W(68)( T- Wallace/Cooksley )PlacedDividend : $1.80Paying each-way odds which is a positive. Should be well-suited to this grade and it has some recent placings to boast.Next Best3 Mont Ventoux F: 74853B(8) W(68)( J- Michael Roustoby )( T- Rudy Liefting )Comes into this with a third placing and that's a positive for this. Rudy Liefting knows how to win these highweight races.Include in Multis6 Ipatch F: 00775B(12) W(68)( J- James Seivwright )Getting better with every run this campaign. Isn't too far away from notching an overdue win so don't discount.Longer Odds2 Mishka F: 2645XB(2) W(68)( J- Shaun Phelan )( T- E & D Browne )Fresh up here after showing some good signs last campaign. Won't be too far away from them.
RemarksThere's a couple of well-backed types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 3.20Place1 10 $ 1.40Place2 5 $ 2.90Place3 1 $ 1.80Quinella 5:10 $ 15.90Trifecta 10:5:1 $ 89.10First4 10:5:1:2 $ 569.00Treble 7+/9+/10+ $ 15.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - BUFFALO & CO 1200Time: 1:23 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'5 Quizmaster F: 1601XB(10) W(57.5)Looked above average when winning multiple races last time in. Drawn awkwardly in barrier 12 but it has more ability than most in this.Main Danger3 Star Treasure F: 43462B(11) W(59)Used to race against some better than average thoroughbreds. Showed some form last time out and it's long over another win.Next Best10 Goboniego F: 5116XB(6) W(56)( T- Stephanie Tierney )Good enough to score back-to-back wins last time in work. Doesn't often take too long to get into a rhythm so include here.Include in Multis2 Justacanta F: 66X57B(2) W(59)( T- David Greene )Owns each-way claims based on its best form. Needed both runs back in this campaign and it should be fighting strongly to the line.Longer Odds13 Air Centre F: X592XB(7) W(54)( T- Leeane Poulson )WonDividends : $17.90 $5.00More than capable sprinter which has form at Pukekohe.
RemarksAnother big field where bookies can't decide on a clear favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 17.90Place1 13 $ 5.00Place2 9 $ 2.70Place3 12 $ 6.60Quinella 9:13 $ 67.60Trifecta 13:9:12 $ 4478.20First4 - $ 0.00Double 10+/13 $ 37.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 10, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - DUNSTAN HORSE FEEDS 1200 MDNTime: 1:58 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Fluorobus F: 23XB(9) W(58.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Richard Collett )PlacedDividend : $1.50Looks to have good talent after two placings from two starts. Was put away for a spell and resumes here in good order. Just needs some luck.Main Danger9 Honfleur F: 22263B(7) W(56.5)( J- Donavan Mansour )PlacedDividend : $1.70Four placings from its last five starts. Deserves a win shortly and although it has found a tough field here, it could easily be good enough to win.Next Best5 Magnify F: 07446B(6) W(58.5)( T- Nigel Tiley )WonDividends : $6.10 $2.20Form doesn't read overly well but Nigel Tiley goes well on this track. Betting suggests that it's right in the mix.Include in Multis11 Lookseasy F: 5B(1) W(56.5)( T- Louise Saunders )Fair fifth on debut and it came on this track. Gets the inside draw and the double-figure odds are worth taking.Longer Odds12 Suggested F: 67B(3) W(56.5)( J- Rebecca Scott )( T- Jenna Mahoney )Could turn around some average form with the weight off its back.
RemarksMany of these are getting very close to an elusive win
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 6.10Place1 5 $ 2.20Place2 9 $ 1.70Place3 1 $ 1.50Quinella 5:9 $ 16.50Trifecta 5:9:1 $ 98.60First4 5:9:1:14 $ 615.40Quaddie 9+/10+/13/5 $ 749.20Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 9, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - SCHOLARS PRE SCHOOL 1200 MDNTime: 2:33 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'7 Elle Cee F: 04X2XB(9) W(56.5)( J- Mubs Kareem )( T- Peter Lock )PlacedDividend : $1.30Good second placing last time before being spelled immediately. Gets 4kg off its back and it has been specked at each-way odds.Main Danger10 Humoresque F:B(5) W(56.5)WonDividends : $4.90 $2.00Nicely-bred type which has taken its time to get to the races. That's either a positive or negative, but betting suggests its the former.Next Best6 Luvlucy F: 574X6B(10) W(56.5)Unsure how it hasn't won a race by now. Should get a nice drag into the race and it's experience should help here.Include in Multis4 Heart Of Soul F:B(12) W(58.5)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Alex Oliveira )On debut and it could offer some value. Include.Longer Odds12 Bandersha F:B(8) W(56.5)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- P & D Williams )Has trials experience and Michael Coleman has been kicking winners home lately.
RemarksLooks a competitive race on paper
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 4.90Place1 10 $ 2.00Place2 2 $ 4.60Place3 7 $ 1.30Quinella 2:10 $ 42.70Trifecta 10:2:7 $ 195.80First4 10:2:7:3 $ 2011.20Double 5/10 $ 25.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 6, 7, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - TUAKAU COSSIE RACING SECTION 1400 MDNTime: 3:08 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Spoil Sport F: 8X3X2B(2) W(55.5)( T- Nigel Tiley )WonDividends : $4.50 $1.90Sparingly raced but it has some talent. Good resuming for run second and it's another good runner for Nigel Tiley.Main Danger8 Chapeau F: 4X227B(3) W(55.5)Got back and didn't hit the line as well as expected last time out. Should get a dream trip in transit and run well. Each way odds on offer.Next Best12 Matter Of Fact F: 360B(4) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $2.10Didn't fire at Matamata last start but its form prior was solid enough. Looks tough to beat here and it should be running close.Include in Multis1 Rocking Along F: 8X0X3B(7) W(57.5)( T- Moroney/Gerard )Much better effort when third last time out. Will pay a nice price if it wins and punters should include it.Longer Odds10 Magdala F: 8X4B(13) W(55.5)( T- Clayton Chipperfield )PlacedDividend : $3.80Drawn wide but it could benefit from a good speed. Should be handy at the end.
RemarksSome nicely-bred types running here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 4.50Place1 9 $ 1.90Place2 10 $ 3.80Place3 12 $ 2.10Quinella 9:10 $ 27.60Trifecta 9:10:12 $ 244.20First4 9:10:12:8 $ 873.20Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (1) Rocking Along(8) Chapeau (9) Spoil Sport (12) Matter Of FactR8 (10) Crescent(11) Angelica (12) AnatoliaR9 (2) Pacquiao(8) Los Angeles (11) Dream OnR10 (2) Chief Sequoyah(3) Super Bullet (6) Don't Doubt MeQuaddies % to a $20 stake: 25
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 8, 9, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - FASTTRACK INSURANCE 1400 MDNTime: 3:43 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Angelica F: 447X2B(5) W(55.5)Didn't show a heck of a lot when last in work but it quickly improved when fresh up. Drawn to get a good run and it has been well backed.Main Danger10 Crescent F: 42725B(11) W(55.5)Mixing its form of late but it has the right connections. Tricky draw but that might not matter in such a big field. Right around the mark.Next Best12 Anatolia F: 4B(4) W(55.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- M & K Murdoch )Did enough on debut to suggest it won't take to break maidens. Likely to camp just behind the speed and it will run at each way odds.Include in Multis3 Looks Like F: 0X476B(12) W(57.5)( J- Eilish McCall )( T- Raymond Tanner )WonDividends : $10.60 $2.80Has good betting support despite some moderate form this time in. That's a good sign and it's definitely worth including at those odds.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'4 Royal Patch F: 4X7X7B(6) W(57.5)( J- Darren Danis )PlacedDividend : $4.30Gets 2kg off its back and it has been threatening to win a race.
RemarksShould be another competitive race and a big field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 10.60Place1 3 $ 2.80Place2 8 $ 2.70Place3 4 $ 4.30Quinella 3:8 $ 29.80Trifecta 3:8:4 $ 994.60First4 3:8:4:6 $ 3099.20Double 9/3 $ 39.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 10, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - THE WORKSHOP 1924 1400Time: 4:18 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Pacquiao F: 264X4B(3) W(59)( J- Darren Danis )Gets a valuable 2kg off her back. Likes to get back and finish strongly, which is very possible in this race. Should be there in the finish.Main Danger11 Dream On F: 541X4B(5) W(56)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- James/Wellwood )PlacedDividend : $1.70Scored a good win to end its last preparation. Handy effort when fourth last time out and there's plenty more improvement to come.Next Best8 Los Angeles F: 2416XB(7) W(56.5)Showed some ability when last in work and that could stack up nicely for this.Include in Multis7 O'Guy F: 106X4B(13) W(57)( T- Stephen McKee )Worth including based on its most recent effort. Include at odds.Longer Odds5 Ohceedee F: 680X7B(12) W(58)( T- Steven Cole )Better than what it showed last start and it could add some value.
RemarksTwo smart types down the bottom of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 16.10Place1 13 $ 4.20Place2 11 $ 1.70Place3 1 $ 4.20Quinella 11:13 $ 35.60Trifecta 13:11:1 $ 753.50First4 13:11:1:2 $ 3872.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 7, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - PATUMAHOE PLUMBING 1600Time: 4:55 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Chief Sequoyah F: 313X4B(4) W(59.5)( J- Opie Bosson )PlacedDividend : $1.30Has all the makings of winning a race soon. Looked good winning three back and it it has drawn very nicely. Each-way chance.Main Danger3 Super Bullet F: X6921B(7) W(59)( T- Alex Oliveira )PlacedDividend : $2.70Turned around some fair form to score nicely last start. Looks the type that will have confidence and it could go back-to-back.Next Best6 Don't Doubt Me F: 3X31B(8) W(57)( T- Wayne Hillis )Three starts for two third placings and a last start win. Rises in distance and that should suit the filly by Ferlax.Include in Multis14 Red Beach F: 8X727B(6) W(55.5)WonDividends : $9.20 $2.90Good enough to win here. Has shown talent in the past so don't leave out.Longer Odds11 Excelsior Island F: 52075B(13) W(56.5)( J- Donavan Mansour )( T- Mark Forbes )Shown glimpses of form throughout its career and it could run well at double-figure odds.
RemarksA quality each-way field to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 14 $ 9.20Place1 14 $ 2.90Place2 2 $ 1.30Place3 3 $ 2.70Quinella 2:14 $ 13.60Trifecta 14:2:3 $ 275.40First4 14:2:3:6 $ 853.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 11, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%